Fem seeds for mother plant - New grower - Please help

We are talking to newbs who can water correctly.

lolz, made me chuckle but very true.

I say stuff all the time that is not how I would do it because I do more complicated things I would only recommend for an expert

I can't agree more with you VI. Well put. I'm the same way.

So I think it is also hidden in my statement but lets be clear about how to select a mother. (I know you know this, you posted it yesterday)

You have no idea if a seed is good until you smoke the cured result (or have it lab tested if you have thee facilities). Even good parent can make a dud.

So the classic way of doing this is you put down a bunch of seed and then grow them out. Take clones and then bloom and harvest and test. From the females you then decide what are the best ones for various reasons and if you are really savvy you run them one more time inter-spaced to make sure you didn't skew the data on the seed grow and take more clones. Then after the second round you have strong data suggesting which one is the right one for making a mother.

So you had to go through at least one full cycle and preferably 2 to really get the best one of the bunch selected. Having a femd seed does not help in this process. Having a femd seed allows you to know before you get to the sexing of the first grow (~1/3 of the first grow if you include the dry and testing). So big deal what are you really gaining by doing that?

The only reason to use a femd seed is if you are not going to do a traditional mother selection and just want to put down one seed and clone it without testing it. If you are going to follow a proper cloning selection method using fems makes no difference at all. Just put down your 5-10 seeds and process the females until you know which one is the best.

hey hey kidgrow believe me I know the diff between grade c to killers ...and to be honest wid ya nobody is a pro grower until u grow on large scale.. it is very easy to take care of 1-40 plants by yourself but try taking care of 150 ... and that's why I use to help old buddy that's grown for over 40 years ... after transplant in bigger pots he flips them after one week for 50-60days12/12 15plants per 1000 watt light which he would come down with 2+ps boned dry almost 3 a little tacky but still burned per light I have never personaly see anybody get those numbers the strain was called franky ,iswear it looks like nl but bigger yields ans diff taste it was a huge eater too...she loved the cold he pumped so much outside winter air in the big room felt chili but I swear on the the weed iv smoked and iv been all aound the world his had the best taste and the longest stone it was day and night weed I'm tellin ya and he still does it but since I know his secrets he wont sell or give me cuttings which is bs..so no offence iv been around the block as I am close to bein 40 years old now ...my past experience was always wid rooted clones ...due to that fact I don't have the hookups anymore I have to find a keeper which really I had no experience with finding..so ya I guess askin question makes me seem like a noob but I have grown in my life over 1000 pounds of mostly chronic.. use to have old cut of willyswonder freakin amazing strain back in late 90s ....when there wasn't autos I don't even think there was femed seeds for sale...my buddy hasn't changed a thing and still gets his weight ...freakin bugs me he wont give me cut...he trades me bag for bag but still ...my goal is to come up with something to showem that I can do the same great taste and those numbers ....just wanna say thankyou all for great advice ...

1-40 plants by yourself but try taking care of 150 ... and that's why I use to help old buddy that's grown for over 40 years

I will have 3,500 + this year. 2,300 indoors (as usual, like everyone knows on here) and roughly 1,500 outdoors. I am a licensed medical marijuana producer/ cultivator here in the Okanagan Valley, and have been growing over 2000 plants every 90 days for the past 3 years. Before that i had just 1,200 plants every 90 days. But due to my fathers death I was able to take over his property and build a bigger building to cultivate in. I have over 40 acres of land in the mountains of BC and my building is 18,000 square feet in total. 12 flowering rooms with (Roughly 250 plants per room with 18,000 watts per room) along with 6 veg rooms and 12x12 mother cloing room. along with other rooms that are storage. The rest of the building is offices and empty space until I figure out how I want to set it all up. I currently have 15 employees that are here every day to help and assist with the daily tasks. I honestly can't remember when the last time it was i grew out just 150 plants lol. Not to be rude or anything, but I eat 150 plants for breakfast.

Sending ya good vibes man. Hope you have learned a thing or two about what we where talking about. Have a good one and if you need any assistance in your garden Ill always be here. Post away or pm me. :thumb::Namaste:

If you want to see my outdoor crop in 2014 go to this >Thread< and scroll to the bottom. There is roughly 2,500 plants there awaiting your arrival. ;)

:peace:

so ur a pro grower ...I never said that u wernt ,,,fuck bro how do u get licensed for that ....im sure sometime in ur past u didn't have a license..my freakin doc don't even wanna give me a license to smoke it meanwhile he wants to give perks and other pain killers sleepin pills in the last 5 years which r garbage for ya...that's sick bro that ur doin what ur doin ...how does one go about getting licensed? because I have money for property and securety which I already use ...but since i I'm not license have to keep things on smaller scales it sucks..so I don't take perks painkillers sleepin pills ..I just smoke throughout the day and night lol ...barely ever drink...really want to get licensed my doctor wont even prefer me to a doc that can give a license ,,,hes against the weed scene...kinda confused what my next step is I was license a couple years ago bought it for 400$ from a doc but he got busted and our licenses expired couldn't get new one ,,everybody in or group sold homes and moved cause the green team o.p.p. was hitting up all the expired licenses ...

so ur a pro grower ...I never said that u wernt ,,,fuck bro how do u get licensed for that ....im sure sometime in ur past u didn't have a license..my freakin doc don't even wanna give me a license to smoke it meanwhile he wants to give perks and other pain killers sleepin pills in the last 5 years which r garbage for ya...that's sick bro that ur doin what ur doin ...how does one go about getting licensed? because I have money for property and securety which I already use ...but since i I'm not license have to keep things on smaller scales it sucks..so I don't take perks painkillers sleepin pills ..I just smoke throughout the day and night lol ...barely ever drink...really want to get licensed my doctor wont even prefer me to a doc that can give a license ,,,hes against the weed scene...kinda confused what my next step is I was license a couple years ago bought it for 400$ from a doc but he got busted and our licenses expired couldn't get new one ,,everybody in or group sold homes and moved cause the green team o.p.p. was hitting up all the expired licenses ...

A. You need to have a dispensary or two under your belt or willing to distribute your product

B.
Get on the radar of Canada's Grow op market

C.
Apply with an application to have a legal medical marijuana license grow, with information on how much your going to produce

D.
References aligning with A ^ is a must

E.
Allot of money. Especially with how fast this is business is growing, you need $ to "keep up" with everything (allot of it)

F.
If you're planing on going large scale 2,500 pants plus you must have at the proper materials and buildings in place that will pass certifications by the city or area's goernment you live in. Also, I do believe the rules might be changing here in Canada. For all the older guy's like myself (im only 38 so im not old,:p just been doing this a long time) things will be easy. With new comers I do believe each dispensary will have a single grower that must produce for that dispensary ONLY

G.
The actual know how to grow on a commercial scale. There is allot of people that think you can just buy a building for a half million + and plant seeds and there ya go they are rich. Sadly that is not the case. You need to produce top quality medical marijuana rather then your backyard stuff.

H.
Did I mention money?

I.
Lot's of diligence

J.
Patience

K. Security is must and is enforced by the government of canada

Basically that's what you need to do. The hardest part is getting your application accepted. But for me, all I do is go in and renew every year. I do not have to go through the excruciating pain staking tasks of today to get "accepted" I'm already a member! ;)

I see ....I have question for ya do u licensed growers dislike nonlegal growers ? I was reading an article about a license grower sayin nonlegal growers make the market bad for legal growers how do u fell about this...its a dumb question but since I know that ur a pro I really respect ur theory and words I was always taught knowledge is power ...

just sayin my one buddy has a card now for 2 months and almost everything hes got mailed to him isn't flushed properly blackis ash it burns taste pretty good but ashy blackish and it like falls apart if u know what I mean my buddys and I were loao cause my shiz has been better then his 20 diff kinds lol ...like I said its easy to take care of 1-40 not 150-300 in ur case 3500 hun plus lol that was total off topic I would love to get my card I'm tryin my best I'm givin my doc one more chance or I'm getting my buddys doc...and then I would love to try yours ..since I have read a lot of you replys threads etc I know u know your shit iv already have learned a couple things from ya...

I see ....I have question for ya do u licensed growers dislike nonlegal growers ? I was reading an article about a license grower sayin nonlegal growers make the market bad for legal growers how do u fell about this...its a dumb question but since I know that ur a pro I really respect ur theory and words I was always taught knowledge is power ...

I do not dislike anyone my friend. To each their own. You're all not effecting my wallet at all. Actually, when some of us get together we laugh about how Illegal growers must hate us. We get to do everything in open and not have to hide. We make a hell of allot of clean money which makes me happy at the end of the day. The black market is actually the ones at risk now. Always have been actually. But more so in the upcoming months. When people are able to get top quality medicine from the corner store in town for only a few $ rather then what you guy's sell it for 10$ a gram + you're all going to be out of business and we will still be thriving and then sum. But, (no offence here at all) honestly, once a someone try's your stuff, and pays the price. then discovers my stuff. Usually I win the "battle" and I have a life long medical patient/client. & you just lost your custy...It's just the way it works. The more experienced one is, the better product he or she is able to produce. That in align with a good healthy bank account, makes possibilities endless. ;)

I have a dark side like everyone else. But for 99.9% of my days im just a happy fellow that appreciates everything that has happened in my life to get me where I am today. So the short answer is No. I have good friends who grow 500+ plants illegally and have to worry everyday about this or that. I'm comfortable and the government actually has my back rather then against it. ;)

Sending positive vibes throughout brotha!

that's cool bro...I don't deal wid custys lol I hear but in Ontario trudeau wont be able to legalize it ...I acctuallly read an article him say I want to but there not letting me ...it was a pretty good article...I do also have a green thumb..every strain iv grown in-out door has turned out chronic the sticky icky u know pal...I grew out some Frisian dew one summer whuch was done flowerimg by sept 15 I couldn't believe it until I looked wid micro at that point it was 70%amber30%cloudy..it was time..yellowed up very quick ...but the taste was a very strong piney taste not a fan I personally like fruity strains....I just checked ur picks of crop king seeds germinating slow...I got 5 gdp germing its been 24 hours they r in paper towel ...u use r o water iv used distilled any comments on that ...I could talk to guy like you for hours ...I cant talk to anyone else lol ..

Not faster..... Bigger, healthier, more stable, & more genetically defined. ;)

Now i can agree with that...

Your right about people thinking large scale growing is just adding few more lights and a bigger building. It costs £££££ to set up and run and its a lot of work thats for sure. Rewarding when you do it correctly though.

Not faster..... Bigger, healthier, more stable, & more genetically defined. ;)

Humor me then... Why would you choose fem seeds as a caption prize from Herbies? Surely in their stock you could find something more stable, more genetically refined, bigger, healthier... I'm only asking. When a pro chooses inferiority, it makes us people that can't water plants really confused. Any chance you can enlighten me as to how fem genetics effect offspring. Pretty sure it's just a male chromosome being replaced by a female chromosome (FF, Ff, fF, ff) leaving chances of offspring only female. Hell, breeders even back strains to the same mother 5+ times. After all that inbreeding, selfing a plant makes it "inferior"? Not hating, it's not every day I get to pick a pros mind.

Ffs.. If you like the vigor, traits, and produce from your fem seed, keep it as a mother, sister, or whatever you choose to have offspring with.

Now, off to screw up a watering session.. Peace

Humor me then... Why would you choose fem seeds as a caption prize from Herbies? Surely in their stock you could find something more stable, more genetically refined, bigger, healthier... I'm only asking. When a pro chooses inferiority, it makes us people that can't water plants really confused. Any chance you can enlighten me as to how fem genetics effect offspring. Pretty sure it's just a male chromosome being replaced by a female chromosome (FF, Ff, fF, ff) leaving chances of offspring only female. Hell, breeders even back strains to the same mother 5+ times. After all that inbreeding, selfing a plant makes it "inferior"? Not hating, it's not every day I get to pick a pros mind.

Ffs.. If you like the vigor, traits, and produce from your fem seed, keep it as a mother, sister, or whatever you choose to have offspring with.

Now, off to screw up a watering session.. Peace

I am not breeding the THC BOMB. Me and misses KidGrow have never tried it. Also, I clicked on someone else's link with her beside me and THC BOMB came up, and she fell in love with the "color's" :rofl:. So we decided to change our original choice to THC BOMB fem'd.. There is no issue with growing out Fem's for personal consumption if it's either recreational or medical uses. I have never said that anywhere here on these forums. What I say is, do not breed with fem'd and auto's they are the last lineage of genetics for that strain/species. Over time they will loose their genetic make up... I have a small :420: grow room to experiment with different flavors, aroma's,genetics ext ext... for personal use. Fem'd seeds if grown out and shmoked or made into concentrates doesn't matter... Go ahead! But, I do not try to breed them. The only reason why I'm going to be breeding the fem WW with the BB from CK's is to give the Blue widow seeds away for free. I'm going to be stabilizing them and sending em off all around the world for free to the people that need/want them. (I also pay for shipping) [in some cases, not all] Also, remember misses KidGrow. This is her "learning grounds". This room is getting her ready for the bigger one out back. We have 25x25x15 room in our building hat's still empty and she want's to claim it as her's, to grow veggies and her medicinal marijuana.. But I told her I will not allow it if she doesn't learn how to properly cultivate. I have enough to deal with, with this website, all my animals, my property maintenance, my other 19 grow rooms ext ext...... I do not need to take on her room as well. So she is going to have to learn..

Also, your half way right about them fems, but I suggest you doing a bit more research first. ;) :thumb:
I'll enlighten you a bit here. :)

Yes, it's the male chromosome being replaced. But with that very statement you can use common sense. (Even tho I know common sense isn't very common these days lol ;) :passitleft: ) If you breed a fem with fem with fem and fem over and over again, you loose the genetic make up of the strain/plant. Over a few (just a few) generations you'll see deformities, and less vigor & frankly it wont even look like the same strain anymore. This is due to the lack of male pollen. In order to sustain a purified genetic background, you need both sex's to be present. It's common sense. If we we're to inbreed ourselves (humans) there is a 50% chance of some sort of deformation or deformed genetic make up that will come into play or occur with their offspring. Now, it might not happen to the F1 baby. BUT, if that F1 baby has sex with her daughter the chances can increase by almost 25% or sometimes more. After you get passed the 5th generation the beans are junk. (For commercial growers anyways) No true stable pheno's exist. You won't find that beauty you had at first anymore. There will be mutations of her, but not her....

Sure one can grow it out and smoke it and it will all seem fine and dandy, but to us breeders we have a,,,how do you say? connoisseur level of taste bud's. Along with a good eye and know how on what each pheno is supposed to look like in that specific strain.. If you start breeding fem's you'll see what I mean... I'm assuming you haven't really devoted over 2 +years (cause that's what it takes MINIMUM) of breeding out specific fem'd strains or a fem strain? IF you do, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

We are curious about the strain and want to try it. If it ends up being as good as what the stats say. I will be going directly to the breeder himself and getting a few hundred reg seeds of THC bomb and growing them out to select the best pheno's and give them one of my rooms or a few. This unfortunately is a technique used in this day of age by some breeders,(along with countless others) Cough up the buck, buy the fem'd seeds of your choice, if you like it, go back to the breeder and get the reg's. It's that simple. Not everyone has the networks or connections to do this. But I do. So I guess one can say this 420mag room I built off of my house, is a testing grounds for our personal pallets. Unfortunately online seed banks are crooked. Even tho some have good service and good intentions, they are crooked and only sell fem'd seeds of a specific strain at a ridiculous price to ensure we all keep coming back. It's not about the community at all, it's about their wallets and that's all they care about. Sure they can put a smile on their face and treat you well, but they are secretly draining your bank account like thieves.

I am extremely medicated at the moment so I'm sorry for such a long response, but I hope you can get the answer you where looking for out of all that. :thumb:

Sending good vibes and positive energy :Namaste:

Spits, I was only making reference that it feels like more than 2/3rds of the posts I read in the FAQ, the reason for the post is people are not watering correctly. Whether it makes a pH problem or whatever...most things people are asking about in the FAQ (that I find) come back to basic maintenance.

Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Actually the opposite. Just trying to keep it light.

I spend too much time in the FAQ not to see mostly basic problems that would be solved by owning book on cannabis cultivation.

Well ye a lot of reading & some fine points some of it got side tracked to breeding but worth a read !

Any way so far i've only kept one fem mother for about 8 months it was an F1 hybrid & done a couple of grows of it before i decided, i didn't like the strain all grows turned out well & flowered out the mother with out problems. But looking at another fem mother very soon to which i will grow out in till i get suitable cloning/cutting material to make of each seed popped & then select best phenotype out of the 5 seeds germinated once flowered.

Phenotype could include such traits as sativa vs indica depending on breeding off strain & growth structure like bud formation, leaf shape, internode distance etc then over all taste/smell or another word i can not think off at present ? ( on the tip of my tongue but can't spell it ) lol

Yes & yes fem mothers can be kept.

Just a difference between old school & new school methods with each having valid opinions :thumb:

so let me get this straight if ur only cloning u can use feminized seeds but if u r breeding use reg seed female/males ? I am the one that started this thread and all to together that's the answers iv been getting >

Back
Top Bottom