Film Can From 77 To Today

Got some issues. curling down tips and some brown edges on a few branches. Mostly the top big leaves but not all tops.
87 degs 40%rh, watered 3 days ago with bloom and calmag. Flushed with plain water 6.5 ph and get the same ph in the runoff. 12/12 3 days ago

20210528_205158.jpg

20210528_205246.jpg
It looks like you have some clawing there. Temps or maby nitrogen.
87 is high. Try get temps down to 80 max. See if claw disappears.
Bill

I didn't add any Calmag this time after flushing with plain water. I noticed the new Bloom nutes have both in it already where as the other bloom nutes had no Ca or N. THink there was too much N? Should I flush again and only use half strength nutes?

Looks like some construction is needed to get more air in and out without letting light or those damn moths in. The room is basically sealed at night now that I took care of all the light leaks and so temps went up. I leave the door open a crack in the day. All wrong and was just being lazy and waiting for monitoring stuff in the mail.
Yesterday I got temp controller and 3 monitors. None of them read the same and are not calibrateable WTF! The reviews were pretty darn good until I read reviews of the same product but sold in 3 pack or more. They are within 3 degs and 6%RH. I like that they have a high and low memory.

Construction done.
Temp in the room is constant 78F and 45%RH. I have fresh air in and out now plus a new 10" oscillating fan down low and small fan blowing across bulb above the plants, not that it gets very hot at all. I can hold onto the bulb with my bare hand. Saturday watering after the flush was 15ml/gal bloom. It called for 20ml. I let the room sit in darkness after that for 24.
Woke up this AM after lights were on 11 hrs and all the tops are colored and drooping badly. The bottom seems fine as does the plant next to it.
I pulled the plant out of the 5gal bucket and put it into a larger pot and added Vermisoil. Took out the 1x4 tray and put in a 24x40 tray and watered with warm 6.5 water only.

Anything else I should do and what happened?

20210531_062745.jpg

20210531_062730.jpg

20210531_063632.jpg

20210531_075425.jpg

20210531_074727.jpg

Construction done.
Temp in the room is constant 78F and 45%RH. I have fresh air in and out now plus a new 10" oscillating fan down low and small fan blowing across bulb above the plants, not that it gets very hot at all. I can hold onto the bulb with my bare hand. Saturday watering after the flush was 15ml/gal bloom. It called for 20ml. I let the room sit in darkness after that for 24.
Woke up this AM after lights were on 11 hrs and all the tops are colored and drooping badly. The bottom seems fine as does the plant next to it.
I pulled the plant out of the 5gal bucket and put it into a larger pot and added Vermisoil. Took out the 1x4 tray and put in a 24x40 tray and watered with warm 6.5 water only.

Anything else I should do and what happened?

20210531_062745.jpg

20210531_062730.jpg

20210531_063632.jpg

20210531_075425.jpg

20210531_074727.jpg
I think you have light burn.i though heat at first but that light must be too close.
They are cooking under it.
Move it up or move them before its too late.
They are in veg still?
Bill

I think you have light burn.i though heat at first but that light must be too close.
They are cooking under it.
Move it up or move them before its too late.
They are in veg still?
Bill
They do appear to be drying out or just dying.
The closest top is about 4", most are 6 or more. These bulbs are pretty warm to touch, but I can hold onto them plus I have a fan blowing across the bulb so I doubt it is heat as I have measured leaf temps with IR gun mostly 78 or less. I didn't think they were that bright either and the light dissipates quickly according to my lux meter apps on the phone. They do draw 400w at the wall.

The plant next to it is fine but the little fan is not on that side either. It really doesn't blow much at all on the plants.

THey are on 12/12 for a few days now.

I'll move them up anyway.
THe VEg lights were and are this close or even closer for 7 months but this is a different bulb and is more yellow.

They do appear to be drying out or just dying.
The closest top is about 4", most are 6 or more. These bulbs are pretty warm to touch, but I can hold onto them plus I have a fan blowing across the bulb so I doubt it is heat as I have measured leaf temps with IR gun mostly 78 or less. I didn't think they were that bright either and the light dissipates quickly according to my lux meter apps on the phone. They do draw 400w at the wall.

The plant next to it is fine but the little fan is not on that side either. It really doesn't blow much at all on the plants.

THey are on 12/12 for a few days now.

I'll move them up anyway.
THe VEg lights were and are this close or even closer for 7 months but this is a different bulb and is more yellow.
Looks like its burning the tops on her.
Bill

Looks like its burning the tops on her.
Bill
No doubt that is what it looks like, but why just the one plant?

I raised the light to about 18" yesterday. THis morn the tips of even the newest tops are turning brown which they weren't yesterday. No improvement on the big leaves, in fact much worse. No issues with the bottom 2/3rds of the plant. I was hoping for improvement with a couple of inches of new soil and just water.

I didn't disturb the roots, just massaged the outside of the bucket and pulled out the plant pretty easily, I couldn't invert it by myself. 2" new soil on bottom and filled in the side 2". Largest pot I had that wasn't ceramic.

Should I have washed the root ball in warm water, broke it up or something? I normally don't do anything but I never transplanted a 5gal plant into anything. There was NO soil that spilled out or was left in the bucket. All of it was root bound but I have seen much more roots on the outsides of the ball than this before.

I did manage to find a larger 15gal poly pot yesterday after going to 3 nurseries and was able to get a used one only for $8! They did have a 10g one that was filled with trash for $6, OMG, they lost a return customer.
I'm sure the Hydro store will have something today plus I need more soil besides the nursery mixes. This hydro store is way pricey too.

I don't know what these mean. PPM 750, EC 1550 This is only 15ml/gal of bloom, 6.48ph. I had been feeding with 20%.

I just watered the center with 2 gal of 6.4PH 77 deg water. No Nutes. Flowed through easily. I had been watering just the out side mostly.
Should I add those Nutes above now?

Lots of dead leaves I pulled and cut off. Should I just cut the tops off 6" or down to the healthy part?

20210601_080247.jpg

20210601_075048.jpg

I guess I watered too much for the drainage it had. The buckets have 3/8" holes about 30 or more but no rocks. Had rock in the previous pots but I didn't transfer them to the buckets when I up potted. Being lazy and not having more rock is my only excuse.

When I pulled the plant to put into 15 gal, I massaged the root ball and it was easy to get my fingers in and then the bottom 1.5" or more fell off and was really wet for a few inches. No way root bound throughout the pot but probably rotted at the bottom or maybe just still wet from the flush? Amazing how fast it happened, it just fell off when I lifted it after "massaging". Massaging might be a little extreme wording as my fingers easily went into the plug of dirt that came out of the bucket. I kinda flushed and fed with bloom nutes and it didn't need watering when I first flipped. The smaller plant was barely showing some saggy leaves when flipped.

I am now measuring the weight of dry pot and not going to use that moisture meter any more. It doesn't go deep enough. Maybe put holes in the sides of the pot near the bottom and inset meter? Or just pick up pot.

My local Hydro store closed today and they were packing up when I got there. Had to go to nursery and got ProMix Potting soil. No More VermiSoil. Put soil in big tray to dry out and got to go get some bag rock and then it started raining. Got spoil covered just in time. My luck is changing and so I'll drink and smoke to that and wait for the rain to stop.

was told to use ProMix and was also told to not use timed release soil like MG which I thought ProMix was being it was suggested. Then I read the label, ProMix IS time release for 9 MONTHS! Also heard that Sativa uses half or quarter strength nutes compared to Indica.
Since I up potted everything the first of the month I have only added well water and everything is thriving. Haven't watered Moms yet and clones got their first watering today. One was marginal needing any but got it anyway.

Put the CNC to work and made new angle adjustable light hanging brackets so I could add another light last night to the flower room and they are hanging about 25 deg angles. Pretty much filling the 5x5.5 room.

20210614_203719_001.jpg

Scrog net delivered yesterday and got it in today which widened the canopy for sure.
20210615_080227.jpg

20210615_092527.jpg

20210615_090412.jpg

20210615_091745.jpg

20210615_092924.jpg

"B" Mom
20210613_211310.jpg

"B"mom lookin good to me. Same stem as above a week later. The main top is in the back and hard to reach.
20210622_065849.jpg

The clones are filling out too. I think they are 10 days behind the moms on the 12/12.
Haven't watered Moms since up potting with ProMix.
Clones get water about every 3rd day. No nutes on anything, just well water and PRoMix.
20210622_065921.jpg

Is it better to have light colored leaves or darker on this clone? I gave it 6oz of 400ppm bloom nutes, post #128.
6.5PH well water which is 90 ppm

20210705_204559.jpg
Hey @On the Fence great looking garden. Nice work. :bravo:
In veg my leaves look darker green.
So dark green clones are good.
In flower I cut back nitrogen to virtually nothing by last weeks, so leaves get lighter and turn purple for me.
Strain dependent I might be at 800 to 1000 ppm by mid flower.
Then I take it right down to a couple hundred or less by the end.
Also strain dependent.
Eventually you will be able to look at your ladies and know exactly what they need .
In the meantime we are here, just keep asking questions if your not sure or are worried about anything.
Doing great though my friend.
Bill

I don't want to screw with something that looks like it is working fine. That wasn't allot of nutes I added to the one to have that much effect. I wouldn't want to add any more than that but it has 1% N in it too. Is it really needed?
Look at what happened to the A Plant after 800 ppm added. Remember this is that ProMix slow release soil. My seedlings are in FFOF now.

42 days on 12/12 for the Moms. Clones are 10 days behind. My friend said I should let them grow for at least 2 months. Can't argue with his results but I feel they are ready sooner. Strain dependent....
I can't take a picture through my microscope so I ordered a new one that should be able to. Be here Thursday. Tri's look cloudy now but I'm sure there is more to yield by waiting.

20210705_205255.jpg

20210705_203246.jpg

20210705_203314.jpg

Even the plant that had the die off is frosty. Ugly but she is here still, I won't have to trim as much on her. Positive thoughts. LOL
20210705_205014.jpg

20210705_205048.jpg

I don't want to screw with something that looks like it is working fine. That wasn't allot of nutes I added to the one to have that much effect. I wouldn't want to add any more than that but it has 1% N in it too. Is it really needed?
Look at what happened to the A Plant after 800 ppm added. Remember this is that ProMix slow release soil. My seedlings are in FFOF now.

42 days on 12/12 for the Moms. Clones are 10 days behind. My friend said I should let them grow for at least 2 months. Can't argue with his results but I feel they are ready sooner. Strain dependent....
I can't take a picture through my microscope so I ordered a new one that should be able to. Be here Thursday. Tri's look cloudy now but I'm sure there is more to yield by waiting.

20210705_205255.jpg

20210705_203246.jpg

20210705_203314.jpg

Even the plant that had the die off is frosty. Ugly but she is here still, I won't have to trim as much on her. Positive thoughts. LOL
20210705_205014.jpg

20210705_205048.jpg
Fantastic girls.
You have a couple weeks easy left Possibly more.
Be patient you will be rewarded.
Bill

THX,
I'm liking the KISS method so far. It suits my understanding.
I took a lower branch that wasn't doing much yesterday. I'm jones'n. It has been 9 months I think since I made the mistake of taking those seeds out of the can.
Kiss is good.
I don't fek with my ladies, just let them do their thing.
Best to not touch or fuss over them. IMO
They look great though so your doing something right.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom