Finally found a forum for soil growers!

Re: Finally found a forum for soil growers!!

i want to know, what in your opinion is the best choice of potting soil?

I have been using Bio Bizz for a while now without fault, also there nutrients are good IMO

i only use there grow and bloom fertilizers but feel its enough for good growth.
While in bloom stage, you use grow and bloom too mix a tailored brew for your plants!

Other than that i only use some Epsom salt for Mg deficiencies and some Bat Guano for an added punch from week 4 to 7 depending on strain.

I have also used plagron bat mix and (local garden center Multi-purpose Compost) all with good results!

I think most of the soil you can buy at you hydro store is over priced and if you look in garden magazines for your country you'll find what gardeners are getting good results with.

The next step is to try there best pick with qualities that a cannabis plant would thrive in and you'll get good results! for less the price

Example my local garden center sales a 70l bag of multi-purpose Compost for £3.98 and i have amazing results when using it but Bio Bizz sales a 50l bag for £12.50:whoa:

for you experienced soil growers:

How often are you watering?
Do you include nutes in each watering?

Do you flush?
When do you start your pre-harvest flush?
Do you use plain water only?
How much water do you use per gallon of container?

Do you flush?

Do you flush?
I water on a wet/dry cycle

i only use plain water during my potting up stages but do like to use a little Rhizotonic now and again! but in bloom i feed every watering, unless i've over done it

Do you flush?

No i don't flush but i'm using organic nutrients, instead of starving my beautiful plants for the last two weeks i gradually reduce the amount of nutrients i give them towards the end of flowering, ending with the last waterings, with just plain water!

hey are there any ferts like big bloom for soil? i looked around but could only find it for hydro. any help?

There are so many Bloom boosters for soil! I was lucky yesterday...new hydro shop opened close by and the owner gave me a free sample of Atami bloombastic. Looking forward to seeing its magic. Anyone else try this? Also you know Cha ching from Fox farms is a good bloom booster. Bat Guano would be a...is a great organic bloom booster. I use Budswell bat & sea bird guano with worm castings.

Do you flush?

i only use plain water during my potting up stages but do like to use a little Rhizotonic now and again! but in bloom i feed every watering, unless i've over done it

Do you flush?

No i don't flush but i'm using organic nutrients, instead of starving my beautiful plants for the last two weeks i gradually reduce the amount of nutrients i give them towards the end of flowering, ending with the last waterings, with just plain water!

THx

When the containers get are light enoug for me to pick up easy 2 time's a week

every other week dooring veg and every week when flowering

Do you flush?
yes

2 week's befor harvest

i still ad a molasses product and the last one with final flush

2 gallon's of water for each gallon of container size
oh well i put mt answers in the quote some how..dah...

what other soil amendmemnt's do you ad to make your soil POP
I am fond of worm casting's,corse perlite,bone meal,and garden lime,

Do you flush?

Do you flush?

We have very similar growing styles... I would have answered these questions the exact same..

What is a wet/dry cycle? does that mean that you let the medium dry out before watering again? I would water when dry, usually every other (or every 3rd day).

The 5 gal container of Bio Bizz All Mix soil takes about 1.25 gal before draining out the bottom.

When I grew (I had to give the whole cab to a friend to finish, they are 3 weeks in 12/12), I was using Schultz plant food, 10-15-10 every watering,

for flowering, my friend is now using:

Schultz 10-15-10 (2 dropper fulls per gallon)
Bio Bizz Top Max (1 tsp/gal)
Bio Bizz Bio Bloom (1-3 tsp/gal)
Cal Mag plus (1 tsp /gal every other watering)

He's experiencing some yellowing and necrosis on the lower leaves.
He ph's the water with a tsp of vinegar / gal water to about 6.4.

I'm thinking there might be a buildup of nutes in the soil and needs a flush.

what do you guys think?

I will try to get some pics tonight from him.

Back
Top Bottom