First Clone Grow Day 8

migreengenes

420 Member
Setup: These little girls were cut 1 and 1.5 weeks ago. Our grow room has flowering plants doing, so I took our dog grooming station and I cut and wrapped reflective film around Amazon boxes, hung 2 grow light bulbs that we had, a small clip fan, and filled it with clones. It is in a bedroom, and the lights are off from 12am-5am. It isn’t ideal but hopefully will work until the room is empty in 6-8 weeks. Ordered a 600w KIND led, then that will go up.

Soil and pots: I tried some clones in small rapid rooters, which I also tried for our seeds, but it just doesn’t seem to work well for me. I put them straight in coco coir this time, in 1 gallon pots with no cover. Liquid bio root, Bigfoot, and ph water of 5.6 was added and mixed in to coco.

The humidity has been 75-83. The temp has been low 60’s at night and low to mid 70’s during the day.

Plants: We have Zkittlez, Nebula CBD, GG#4, and Wonder Woman.

2B94E8E3-EC58-437B-BD6E-55863D44F6B3.jpeg

7AF1E363-C046-46D2-8FC0-FDBD917A071F.jpeg

Almost 3 weeks later and the clones are beginning to grow. Gave a little plain ph water to them at 2 weeks. At 3 weeks I have given them some nutrient water with ph of 5.8 and ppm of 240. Just added a little cal mag and bio root with a splash of sweet stash. Forgot to get a pic, so next time will add pics.

All plants doing well except the Wonder Woman strain. She was finicky in my first seed grow, and her clones are the same. My leaves are deforming on Wonder Woman, being fed the same as the others. Check the difference. First pic is Zkittlez, second the Wonder Woman. I believe it is calmag deficiency, so mixed some into a gallon of water and fingers crossed they survive.

AA749BC6-290D-413F-9D25-39E1E2CCE87A.jpeg

ACEFEEAF-F1B0-43F8-8EFD-9F3B22CDAD44.jpeg

that's a common mistakes new growers make adding cal-mag thinking it will fix the deficiency.

I think your high humidity and low temp has caused some issue or could be a ph fluctuation. Also, you mentioned their in coco. Might be the pictures but it looks like their in some sort of soil mixed with perlite.

try to get the temps to around 80f 25c and make sure you have air circulation.
how often are you watering/feeding the plants?

The coco has perlite in it. It is Mother Earth coco + perlite. I have been giving feed once a week, and watering once in between. I put a space heater in with them, and keeping temp around 75-78. After giving the calmag here are photos 5 days later. Either the calmag or nitrogen must have been lacking because they look happier. I was able to remove the bad leaves, and the new leaves seem ok. Ph has been perfect, 5.9-6.1 on all plants. Now a few of the plants have roots coming out the bottom...transplanting next week but not sure if it is ok to cut the roots off on the bottom.

6A576BC5-9E63-4DA5-9F08-4F51FB3E7C66.jpeg

5AF32BEB-822F-4BB3-8B65-E9562421E58B.jpeg

46BFE6D0-538F-402E-89CC-6FD61FFDA70D.jpeg

they will definitely get shocked, but they will come back. i don't transplant more than once. if i am cloning, they go from wool cube in my current case to finial fiber pots that are 5 gallon and they finish in there. However, you do need to watch how you are watering.

Back
Top Bottom