First Closet Grow

Jet been up there and the stupid tube heater was on don't know if I had knocked they button. I gave her a good flush with 8leters of water.

Barn what you mean by uk tape water is this no good for the plant as I do let it stand for a day before use.

Depending where you are in Britain, your tap supply may be of "hard water", which is heavily treated and thus carries heavy compounds which are no good for the plant. If you live in the country, chances are your water is "soft water" but it is still not great. It's always better to boil the water first so it is pure and pH neutral

Hey everyone been really sad the last couple of days as the girl didn't make it. I have been trying to thing where I went wrong and the only thing I can think of is the perlite as you can see in my first couple of post there was leaf burn and what looks like neut deff. But I didn't add any thing to make it go like this.

I have put 3 new girls in without perlite and the are a lot more healthier all nice and green.

Will upload some pictures later today. I have been reading up about tap,bottled water and to be honest the main chemical they use in tap water is chlorine and that's injected as a gasses compound. Even if you boil the water you have problems as it takes all the oxygen out of the water and It will kill all of the Bactria in it. So I looked up distiller water even though it has more co2 unit it doesn't have the beneficial bacteria. But if you have hard water it's better for the plant.

Boiling it distils it, bro! If you keep the container air tight after boiling, it will remain distilled.

just curious but isn't distillation the collection of the actual steam that's boiled off for clean distilled water?
whats left in the pot after the water burns off is the rubbish?

Here's the new girls 1 week old.

image3452.jpg
image3451.jpg

Sorry forgot to hit submit. Lmao.

What sort of size I have got some 7" pots. I don't wanna use my 12 ones till next summer. Do you think the 7" will be ok?

Thanks for the comments. They are looking so much healthier than the other one I was growing all I took out was the perlite.

i transplant from 5 inch pots to 1 gallon pots to 3 gallon or 5 gallon pots depending on the roots. I would use your 12 inch pots now if you are able, the larger your pots the greater potential yield you should see.

and also along the lines of KJC
adding in
everytime you transplant the growth will slow from shock of the transplant
me I prefer to transplant as little as possible
just a thought
but then again I don't really do soil for my regular growing only for mothers so the biggest I go is 3 gallons because of space issues
my gdp atm in the solo cup when it maxes out or close to it will go into the 3 gallon pot
it will limit the size of the plant ultimately but I only need for cuttings so itll work for me
if not id go straight into 5 gallon pot and grow it out
but then again only my mothers are in soil

Went up there today and found out the light has been on for over a day so now it's back on track. Hopefully wont of done to much damage.
The girls are now flowering.

Back
Top Bottom