First Grow - Advice Welcome

I was only able to keep an ounce of my outdoor this year due to bud rot and caterpillars. Little bastards. Glad this one come out proper for you!

You know I only seen one bug on my plants all year. Up until the very end. After I couldn't apply the SNS anymore. I did use a boric acid around the perimeter of the plant. This helped some.

Honestly never thought I would make it this far. I say I got lucky planted 8 seeds got two to germinate, both happen to be female.

Fargin' A brother. Props to you man. Almost half pound dry, wow. When I have room to grow, I'm gonna go mad. The jungle queen looks quite tasty man. Isn't it satisfying to reap the rewards directly from your own hard work? One of the best feelings on Earth, ifn u ask me. Please let us know how she smokes. Maybe give a recap or grow summary at the end.
You're gonna laugh man, check out my photo bitch (named her finally Xp-1), I had to re-pot her AGAIN. She still has so much time, I went for another round or two or three of nutes before the flush.
Also, If I can recommend anything (being as new to this as you know I am) check out soiless mediums or soil that is mostly peat. I say this because one of the biggest pains in my ass along my 1st grow was soil compaction. Basically MUD. I finally mixed something akin to cactus soil to get proper drainage. Oldster hipped me to a soiless medium that isnt hydroponics. Pro-Mix I
think is the name of it but as I know you will, do some research on soiless medium growing, it will save you huuuuge headaches.

Anyway, mucho congratso on this one man, love to see some success for the little guy. You deserve it man.

finally .. yay nekid pics lol

great job .. im jealous lol , like stated above there is no better pleasure than sitting back and smoking a fat joint of weed that u grew .. damn those are some sparkly buds . i bet the garage reeks .. how did u end up getting her outta the woods?

Fargin' A brother. Props to you man. Almost half pound dry, wow. When I have room to grow, I'm gonna go mad. The jungle queen looks quite tasty man. Isn't it satisfying to reap the rewards directly from your own hard work? One of the best feelings on Earth, ifn u ask me. Please let us know how she smokes. Maybe give a recap or grow summary at the end.
You're gonna laugh man, check out my photo bitch (named her finally Xp-1), I had to re-pot her AGAIN. She still has so much time, I went for another round or two or three of nutes before the flush.
Also, If I can recommend anything (being as new to this as you know I am) check out soiless mediums or soil that is mostly peat. I say this because one of the biggest pains in my ass along my 1st grow was soil compaction. Basically MUD. I finally mixed something akin to cactus soil to get proper drainage. Oldster hipped me to a soiless medium that isnt hydroponics. Pro-Mix I
think is the name of it but as I know you will, do some research on soiless medium growing, it will save you huuuuge headaches.

Anyway, mucho congratso on this one man, love to see some success for the little guy. You deserve it man.

Thanks so much. Am I stay up with your journal. I'm excited your doing an auto. I see your mix dose look like mud. Your not far from me at all so I'm assuming your soil in the ground is like clay. I actually used organic soil with a lot of perlite. Never had a a problem with drainage. So I gotcha there started out with mud, but learned real quick it had to be changed.

finally .. yay nekid pics lol

great job .. im jealous lol , like stated above there is no better pleasure than sitting back and smoking a fat joint of weed that u grew .. damn those are some sparkly buds . i bet the garage reeks .. how did u end up getting her outta the woods?

I was stoked to do it. The way I got her out of wasn't to hard. I left the rootball intact. Just cut the stalks. Had to cut each branch into two foot sections just to get her in the bag. I was disappointed when I had to do some trimming on her before I could even start. She wouldn't of fit in the bag. I'll tell you thats all I smelt walking out of there lmao . Want to use my scraps for some hash. Haven't seen that around in years.

I will do a smoke and flavor report here in a few. For now I would like my fellow growers to help me with lights and some new strains. I really wanna try to grow one b of those fancy plants that turn buds blue or purple. Would love to see and smell. I've been looking into a star in called Skywalker. Anyone herd of this.

not fitting in the bag is a good thing .. are u going to run an auto? sweet dark devil looks like a beast , thats why i got her . dark purple almost black when she finishes .

Have you guys got much experience with Autos? I'm hoping to give them a bash one day but I've heard they produce lower yields and are less potent. Having looked at many of our sponsors seed banks, the average THC content listed near each strain seems to be similar and the yield numbers are similar too but obviously we take those figures as a guide due to the myriad factors at play.

I think what would swing autos for me would be if i could grow them under 12/12 from start to finish, which would reduce energy costs. Can that be done? i imagine it'd take longer for them to mature in that case though

Have you guys got much experience with Autos? I'm hoping to give them a bash one day but I've heard they produce lower yields and are less potent. Having looked at many of our sponsors seed banks, the average THC content listed near each strain seems to be similar and the yield numbers are similar too but obviously we take those figures as a guide due to the myriad factors at play.

I think what would swing autos for me would be if i could grow them under 12/12 from start to finish, which would reduce energy costs. Can that be done? i imagine it'd take longer for them to mature in that case though

That's the thing with autos. Some require a photogenic period. Wich is 12/12 lighting, then again there are autos that don't require any substantial light time or dark time. So this being said I can assume you can grow autos with any kind of light, and any darkness. I enjoy this about them, but I only wanna do it for space reason. Can't have monsters hiding in the garage.

I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com large piranha aluminum pollen t-press

I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com large piranha aluminum pollen t-press

I've always wondered what the scale of the end result is like for things like this, like, how much hash would you get from an ounce?

i started with autos. they are so easy to grow .. they dont mind leaks at all . u can grow it in an open room if u wanted .. the nute regiment is a little different .

but i wanted more potent plants that i could manipulate and clone .. in a couple of threads i read on an old site i used to be on .. they flurish under 24/0 and 20\4 18\6 mainly 20\4

Back
Top Bottom