Girl Scout Versus Papaya - Plus 3 More Great Strains

Question for anyone who may be able to answer.

I wanna try a complete grow in just sand. Something I wanna experiment with.

I would like to use some super fine or some of the sand out of a creek or river bottom.

I have read where a few have tried, but never seen the end results. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

20150608_161414.jpg

Ok so this what I found today. This is b in Fox farm organic soil. With just worn castings on top. That's it no other nutes involved yet. Did rain all day yesterday. I wanna chalk this up to being burnt by the sun cause of water hanging out, but yet this is still a seedling. Confused here. Any info would help.

So quick question. Had 12 seeds germinating. I planted all twelve in the little flattered. I have had eight shoot right up after I put them in there.

I did make sure all seeds were split with the root showing before I planted. Any reason why the other four didn't come threw.

I am assuming bad seed, but not sure.
You may have waited too long to put them in soil, when using the napkin method for germination, I usually transplant to soil after the seeds have sprouted their tail and it is about 1/4 of a inch (half a centimeter, 5 millimeters; sorry I suck at using imperial measures, I go by metrics) and they haven't shed the shell yet. Sorry to hear you lost some seedlings, but everything is learning when growing cannabis.
I try to look at it that way; there is no failure or loss, only learning.
good luck.

To be honest I had never seen cotyledons turning brown, I guess the plant was still too small for the extra WC? I have a worm bin myself, and it is my experience that too much WC can actually burn plants and give you nitrogen toxicity, but unless the little true leaves are burned too I wouldn't worry. Just don't use any ferts until the plant is bigger.

Oh I didn't do 50%. Litteraly just gave them a top dressing. You know I didn't think this thing was gonna pop at all.

I actually put a pencil tip in there to poke around to see is I could spot a root at all. Then I found the two codyledons. So I pulled them up just above the soil, and then two days later they were like that.

We will see. Gonna keep an extra eye on that one.

Well may it just the cotyledons were not ready to emerge yet. Anyway it should be fine. And yes 50% was way too much. I hope that plant grows to become a nice stash of premium bud.

Just jumping in on your journal jrd.

Can't help you with what might be causing the cots to turn brown. I always seem to have a little bit of trouble with over or under fertilizing seeds. Out of anything, castings is probably your best bet though, just use them sparingly. They are choc full of microbes and nitrogen!

Hey there. Next time just put them on the soil as the seeds crack and you have a tip coming out (now you know which way is down, so you can plant it in soil).

If the root is too big before going ot the medium, you will most probably damage it when covering with dirt and it will dehydrate on the paper towel.

I don't know much about fertilizing soil... Can't help you with that cotyledone burn.

Wishing you the best! :Namaste:

Just jumping in on your journal jrd.

Can't help you with what might be causing the cots to turn brown. I always seem to have a little bit of trouble with over or under fertilizing seeds. Out of anything, castings is probably your best bet though, just use them sparingly. They are choc full of microbes and nitrogen!

Thanks for jumping in on my journal. Yea fertilizing is tuff. I cooked this soil for 6 to 7 days. So maybe that pot was a little to hot for that seedling. I dunno hope she pulls through.
Hey thanks for jumping in to my journal.

Thanks for jumping in on my journal. Yea fertilizing is tuff. I cooked this soil for 6 to 7 days. So maybe that pot was a little to hot for that seedling. I dunno hope she pulls through.
Hey thanks for jumping in to my journal.[/QUOTE]

Welcome groovy. Good point on the seedling. As far as paper towel method. I kept it wet the whole time. So I don't think it dried out. I honestly think when I went poking around the other day and clots in the soil. I pulled the up out b of the soil. Hi honestly don't think it was ready to come out.

I like the b idea of just placing the seed on top of the soil. Never thought about that. I have always buried them about an inch or so.

Back
Top Bottom