HerbsNBuds' Deep Water Culture with Hydro Drip System CFL Cabinet Grow

herbsnbuds

Currently there are 3 plants...

Bucket Size - 8" Pots with numerous holes drilled in bottom and sides
Medium - MG Perlite held in by Sphagnum Moss at the bottom of the pots
Room size - 3.5x2.5x2.5 (under a fish tank)
Lights - Various CFL wattages
Nutrients - Fox Farm Nutrient Trio (Grow Big, Tiger Bloom & Big Bloom)
Strain(s) - 1 is Aurora Indica, the other 2 are bag seed
# of Plants: 3 so far... will be 6
Yield : ??? (not done)

Here is only photo thus far... (of course more will be coming)

new68.jpg

The plan is to keep em all short enough to finish in this space

Re: HerbsNBuds' Deep Water Culture with hydro drip system CFL cabinet grow.

Purple Power ordered yesterday. New setup goin in larger closet.

This is what its supposed to look like. We shall see. I'm growing it over the winter months because cold temps supposedly make it more purple. Isn't she beautiful?

purple_power.jpeg

Brother I;ve grown that strain many a times. Your going tolove the colors this winter. Definetly a favorite, not the highest THC content, but IMHO, that color you'll see will make up for it :)

I also picked up some Lemon Skunk. I always like a nice variety. Can't just sit and smoke the same old. Otherwise you end up :tokin:

This grow has been moved to a closet. We got permission from my friends mom to use half of the closet as long as we grow her some cherry tomatoes in a separate decorative hydro setup in the living room we have yet to set up.

But here's the new setup with much more space. :smokin:

IMG00471-20100831-0912.jpg

Added some Hydrogen Peroxide to the mix today to help with algae growth.

The Aurora Indica (for some reason only grew 1 real leaf instead of 2 but not the first time with the same strain)
IMG00472-20100831-0918.jpg

And the next 2 are the bag seed...
IMG00473-20100831-0918.jpg

IMG00474-20100831-0918.jpg

Lowered lights to within 2 inches today and adjusted PH

IMG00482-20100902-1159.jpg

IMG00481-20100902-1158.jpg

More seeds on the way!!! Purple Power and Lemon Skunk ordered last Friday shipped yesterday from London. Can't wait.

New order of seeds consists of 20 Purple Power, 10 Lemon Skunk, 10 Super Silver Haze, and 15 free Afghani seeds. I'm hoping they will switch up the free seeds on the SSH order to something other than Afghani. 10 is fine, but I don't know if I really want to mess with that many Afghani. I'll take 1 free White Widow seed instead of 5 Afghani at this point, but its their call on what they send out. Should all arrive this week and get em started.

For now all I can do is :popcorn: and enjoy the threads on here. Oh and :bong:

Seeds arrived today... all except Super Silver Haze because it was ordered after. I must say exceptional shipping from the supplier and very discreet. They came in a pair of socks. Ingenious idea.

2 Purple Power, 8 Lemon Skunk, and 5 Agfhani will be grown here. I split em up so that each setup has a nice amount. 3 setups in 3 separate locations is the name of the game.

Pics on this soon as some seedlings appear...

Congrats on the seed delivery.
I have Aurora Indica and You shouldn't have a problem with height.. they're short & stocky plants. the one I put into bloom didn't stretch much at all.. just grew nugs :tokin:

Congrats on the seed delivery.
I have Aurora Indica and You shouldn't have a problem with height.. they're short & stocky plants. the one I put into bloom didn't stretch much at all.. just grew nugs :tokin:

I hope that's the case. I have 3 of the AI growing total. The 2 others are in a different setup and looking much better. We'll see how this one turns out. I've seen some strange looking cannabis plants recently that turned out OK so I hope I get the same result.

Update on these for the fun of it. I have no control or say in what happens here but I'll document anyway. Seems the kid has a green thumb.

fluros-hybrid-3.jpg
fluros-hybrid-2.jpg
fluros-hybrid-1.jpg

looks good bro one day my setup will be similar to this jus gotta get workin again so i can get materials easier im havin to scrape together stuff on my first grow

lookin forward to this

Re: HerbsNBuds' Deep Water Culture with Hydro Drip System CFL Cabinet GrowDeep Water Culture

its ok fluro, they actually are in dirt and perlite 50/50 with sphagnum moss at the bottom of the pots...

the soil served its purpose to get the plants to grow before the roots hit the reservoir. Its not fully hydro, sort of a hybrid, but now that the root systems have reached the nutes, no more watering through the soil and voila, hydro.

It was kind of an accident the way it worked out but man does it work...

and thanks Slim, I can't wait to see em flower as well...

Back
Top Bottom