First Grow - Advice Welcome

Re: Seeking help for my first grow

You may find this useful...hopefully you won't need it.

image96531.jpg

:peace:

EDIT: Also don't forget to use the top menu here to help (Grow Room / Problems Pests and Diseases) and search the FAQ. There's not a problem out there that isn't on here.

hi guys i am new to forum and i have attempted to grow weed only once at my school years (without success).So the situation is simple now and i need your help.I want to grow a single plant that will not smell while growing in a 70 cm height space(the others sizes are not problem),so please tell me if there is any dwarf variety that can fit in there (it will be a box) and that will not smell.thank you

Your work is looking cool Teddy. I'm going to do nearly the same next time, blueberry, mazar and orange bud.. Will be nice to follow yours!

Hehe so you know my pain... The soil I manage to get here (that seemed good enough) might have some nutrients in it, don't really know much about this yet so ill link some info. I just boil the water and use it as that. Don't think its needed either since its fully drinkable here.. But just in case :)
Room is 85x85cm and 260cm tall, so then it seems 175cfm will work great :thumb:
Im not sure about the intake though, should I black it out and use as a passive intake? Would save lots or work..

Got some nice and cheap 11 liter pots here so ill use them. Seems to fit nicely when measured, even with fan next to them. And this strain grow very short and thick, so might be a good combo!

Can't wait to have it all setup, used up some good amount of energy thinking about solutions, haha..

Here is the info window on my soilbag if it says anything..

bild_45.JPG
bild_37.JPG
bild_26.JPG
bild_16.JPG

HI Granz

Well, my Swedish/Danish/Norwegian/Finnish is a little rusty to read the soil packet. :cheesygrinsmiley: But it certainly has nutrients in it - and a pH of 6 which is a little acidic. You don't want a soil pH below 6 because it locks out some elements such as calcium. I suspect that it isn't soil for seedlings, which like something pretty neutral and light. That may explain your leaf curling - it's too rich for the babies. However, we've got to work with it, so keep an eye on them and see if the new growth is OK. Keep us updated, with photos if possible.

Tap water is rarely ideal. You can boil it, or just let it stand for 24 hours. Minerals will still build up in the soil over time. But rainwater or springwater (I'm lucky and have a mountain spring at the bottom of my drive) are the best bet along with RO (Reverse Osmosis) water which, I suspect like me, is impossible for you to get.

Air intake - I'm all for less work, and my guess is that in your smallish space you'll be fine with passive intake. But get a black cloth over that gap.

Keep 'em green - look forward to some more photos.
:cheer:

hi guys i am new to forum and i have attempted to grow weed only once at my school years (without success).So the situation is simple now and i need your help.I want to grow a single plant that will not smell while growing in a 70 cm height space(the others sizes are not problem),so please tell me if there is any dwarf variety that can fit in there (it will be a box) and that will not smell.thank you

You'll get more replies by starting your own thread in FAQ. You need a strain expert. Maybe an auto is the answer, or some serious topping. Don't know about no smell though.

Hard to find some "decent" soil here but when I do the transplant i'll aim for 6.5ph soil, maybe get something to raise it as well..
I thought they had some nutrients too, was a gamble now when I think about it hehe.. but they turned out great! :thumb:

Leaving the door 2 inches open for now, and will figure out something for the passive intake. Might just do the black cloth thing, seems easy and good enough!

My plants are really starting to grow, and looking healthy to my eyes! They are very short though, shorter then I expected.. Might go crazy later and hit the roof? :) This strain is a shorter one, not sure how short but mine are now about 3 inches.

Three of them are 14 days old and one is 16 days.
bild_27.JPG

bild_18.JPG

bild_17.JPG

bild_53.JPG

bild_38.JPG

Sorry about the bad quality, will try to find a better light source

Thanks guys! Appreciated!
I've seen you have some problems with yours Mr Teddy, hope you will get it under control!

I also have noticed a problem.... Been so good and have growed so fast, guess my luck will turn someday!
It's the plant i planted first, the 2 tiny leaves (which isnt leaves?) they first get when sprouted have turned yellow. Really really yellow.
And at the edge of 1 leaf is a tiiiiiny but of yellow. Like 1 mm on the leaf. Barely noticeable first.

All the other 3 plants show no sign of this, they look very well... And the plant with the yellow baby leaf is still the heaviest, so that means i might have over watered it last time i watered? They drink ALOT of water now, the other 3 plants are already light and need of another watering, but the first plant is still heavy... and moist...

EDIT: Ahh I see your plants are better now Mr Teddy, awesome! :high-five:

Cool! I've ordered a tower fan but it wont get here until late next week... Should I run and buy a regular cheap fan in my local store or do you think they manage to end of next week?

This LED lamp I have have 3 different modes. One for flower, one for veg, and both together for... flower also(?) :)
This one I have on now is on veg mode.
I don't know why its glowing red, but if you look directly at the lights you can see that there are many more "blue" and "white" colored leds that are on. Also some red yes.. Will I be better of with a CFL then?

Moved up the lamp 1 inch more again and its now at 82 fahrenheit instead of earlier 84. Should I move it up even more?
I can try take some photos with a regular light tonight before I turn of the lights and post them tomorrow! Should be better colored!

Also sorry for my not 100% good english, but I hope you all understand :)

Just wanted to let you know that the p300 only has 2 modes. You can't run the "red" by itself. You're in veg now, and when you flower you just turn the other switch on and run both. Running only red will over temp the light.

Thanks guys! Appreciated!
I've seen you have some problems with yours Mr Teddy, hope you will get it under control!

I also have noticed a problem.... Been so good and have growed so fast, guess my luck will turn someday!
It's the plant i planted first, the 2 tiny leaves (which isnt leaves?) they first get when sprouted have turned yellow. Really really yellow.
And at the edge of 1 leaf is a tiiiiiny but of yellow. Like 1 mm on the leaf. Barely noticeable first.

All the other 3 plants show no sign of this, they look very well... And the plant with the yellow baby leaf is still the heaviest, so that means i might have over watered it last time i watered? They drink ALOT of water now, the other 3 plants are already light and need of another watering, but the first plant is still heavy... and moist...

EDIT: Ahh I see your plants are better now Mr Teddy, awesome! :high-five:

Hi Granz.

DON'T PANIC! These first leaves are supposed to fall off. They are the cotyledon (from the Greek, kotyle meaning bowl). They store food for the plant which fuels the development of the 'true' leaves. It's the reason you don't give seedlings nutes. Nature has provided everything the seedling needs in the cotyledon. If they are yellowing that means their work is done. As long as the rest of the plant looks ok, this is a completely normal process.

Yep, my girls are looking good. Very happy to have you following. I'll be posting an update later tonight.
:ciao:

PS You're doing nicely. Have some reps.

Ah thats a relief to read! Pretty cool how it works actually... And do that mean i can give it nutrients now?
Perfect to follow yours when planted on the same day and are a similar strain :thumb:

I didn't watered them last night as i wanted the soil to be a tiny bit more dry. But when I woke up, three of them was drooping alot!
Watered them til it came out from under, but they are still drooping. Been 3-4 hours. Do i need to worry?

bild_19.JPG

bild_28.JPG

bild_39.JPG

Hi Granz. I think you should be fine. Just keep an eye on them and let us know when they perk up. :)

Don't rush into feeding. They are still tiny. And your soil has added nutes, yes? I would certainly wait until they are well into their 4th week. And if they are growing well, why stick in more feed? When you do don't forget - QUARTER STRENGTH. :high-five:
:circle-of-love:

Took a few more hours, but then they returned to their regular form :thumb:

I just got all my stuff, including nutrients, but i'll wait with feeding them! Better after i've made the transplant and added the new soil.
One thing worries me though.. I tested the ph level both from tap water that i use, and from the plant after watering and its both around 7-8 ph! Plants seems fine, nice and green, but still... I read that my water from the area where i live is around 7 ph so the test worked/made sense. Should i look for a ph down or just wait and see?

Soilless mediums/hydro should aim for a ph of 5.8-6.2 while actual soil should aim for ph of 6.6-7.0. ph down works easily to reduce ph, but it is very strong so add it in slowly, I even do it a drop at a time.

Might be a ph problem then.. tested it this morning again and its more like 7 now then 7-8 before. Some leaves are turning more yellow so im worried it might be the ph anyway.. They basicly need water everyday now, they dry up very fast and are drooping alot in the morning. Should i move them to the 14 liter pots now or wait? One stem have dots on it, dunno what it is but looks weird. And another leaf have a deformed part...

About half is yelloish
bild_110.JPG

Little less on this but still visible
bild_211.JPG

b165.JPG

bild_312.JPG

bild_49.JPG

bild_410.JPG

bild_55.JPG

The deformed part. Its like it stoped growing when it was really small.
litet_l_v.jpg

Drooping
bild_29.JPG

bild_310.JPG

bild_54.JPG

Small dots on stem...?
b166.JPG

I would go ahead and transplant them if it's been 2 weeks or more since the last transplant. Watering every day? How does it get that dry so fast? And some deformed leaves aren't too weird, I think every plant has 1 or 2 like that. The yellowing ones on the bottom are probably just the youngest leaves dying off? Happened to my clones and I just picked them off.

Back
Top Bottom