First Grow - Auto Indoor 750W LED Soil - Dutch Passion

bartverso

Hi fellow growers!

Me myself, I just started on my first grow ever. I only got to learn about this site a week ago. So this first journal entry will report on a multiple week timeframe. Don't worry, I'll make it up to you with my next grow!!

I opted for 2 auto´s - an Auto Colorado Cookies and a Think Big - 2 fairly new and promising autoseeds by Dutch Passion.

Forgive me for the massive amount of pictures to follow - from now on I will start uploading on a weekly basis!

I´ve got myself a nice indoor grow tent combined with a Kind LED XL750 which is running on a 20/4 schedule.

Quick note on those pictures
  • As you can see I experienced some *gravity issues* with Coralie. As soon as I saw her lying there, I realised I shouldn´t have done the first week with the LED´s. As you can see, I really stretched them out because I didn´t dare lowering my lights.
  • At week 3 - I started doubting if I should LST them. I gave them a low feed of Aptus Regulator (which is said to make them more resistant to stress). I tried to bend over the main stems away from the light. Two days later, I started reading all sorts of negative comments about LST'ing auto's as it might stunt the plant's grow a lot, considering the already short lifetime of auto's. So I freaked & backed out, removed the LST's strings and went back to an unrestrained growing method.

Temperature has been stable all grow long, at 78F.
Humidity levels were pretty low during the first 3 weeks (35%-40%). Got myself a small and cheap humidifier which boosted those levels towards the 50%-55% reach.

They´re both 5 weeks and 6 days old now. Tara should evolve from seed to harvest in like 13 to 14 weeks. Coralie is said to be harvested around week 10 or 11 after germination.

2017profiel2.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/1298896

Now. I must admit, I´m a bit disappointed when it comes to Coralies size - both plants stand at around 2 feet now. If I had to go by my guts, I would say that she´s like a week and a half behind schedule. She has only started flowering a day or 2 ago

Both are rooted in 2.5 gallon pots, filled with growing soil containing perlite, coconut fibre and lava.
NPK stated on the packing of the soil: 6.5:6.5:6.5, initial pH of 5.5-6.

I'm quite confident I haven't over- or underwatered them even once :cool:

I gave both my babies their first feeding on like day 10 (Aptus Startbooster - root & growth booster). I used around a quarter of the recommended amount.

I might have screwed Tara over with a "light" *cough cough* nutrient burn about a week ago (week 4), in combination with a "light burn" :) (Already raised my lights more since then)

I think Taras soil still had an abundancy of N in it for it's vegetative grow. I didn't think the burn to be severe enough for me to have to flush the poor thing. So next time I watered, I didn't give her any nutrients.

I should say that I'm using plain tap water - hailing from Belgium - which might be pH'ed in at around 6.5. I don't treat it, I just let it acclimatize to the conditions of the tent for about 12 hours.

So, fellow growers. If you made it this far, thank you for your attention. You're crazy. Me ranting on and on. ;-) I will be posting updates about these ladies regularly!

Belgium out!

Welcome back, fellow growers!

Here we are at week 6 day 2 (let me do the math for you - day 44)! The same day I started this thread here, I posted a distress call in another thread. I was really worried about the relatively slow pace at which Tara and Coralie were evolving. As mentioned earlier, I estimated them to be a week or so behind on schedule. My mind was quickly put at ease thanks to the words of some of the more seasoned growers on the forum (thanks, @Nismo12 & @UrbanMonk!).

Let's see where things are now, just a few days later.

Is it okay to actually fall in love with a plant? :green_heart:

They have really put in an amazing last vertical grow effort in pre-flower! Flowers are starting to form all over Coralie now. I'm counting 8 which will - hopefully - turn into nice, thick buds and 4 smaller ones. The leaves feel really healthy and strong. Tara is doing great as well. She's showing 6 big and 4 smaller flowers (rough estimate - blame THC!). Foliage and stem look and feel just.. perfect!

They're becoming really thirsty now - I think Coralie could go with a 1L a day, but currently I'm watering her every other day with about 1.5L. Tara is going for the slower but "surer" approach and needs to be watered every three days with about the same amount. I'm currently going easy on them by giving them no extra nutrients until like next week (that last burn really scared me off). Then I'll give both of them a small portion of extra phosphor for stimulated flowering.

Because both plants are clearly liking their environment, I've increased the temperature to a stable 26 °C (79 °F) and humidity levels to 65%. Haven't had any issues with ventilation so far. The tent is in a closed room, which I air out for like half an hour every day. Let's see how they settle and keep an eye out for mold and other things I don't want to think about right now!

I would like to dedicate this grow to Franco Loja, RIP. The sparkle in this man's eyes when you see him talking about the plant we all love so much is one of the things that got me into growing in the first place.

Thanks for following and feel free to share any comments and advice!!

Tune in soon for more.

Belgium out!

Looks like they stretched a couple of inches since the last time we saw them. They look very healthy and are progressing nicely. You have your tent dialed in the sweet spot. If you can keep it right there for the next 3 weeks then start dropping the humidity to about 50-55% For the last few weeks and they will thrive. Don't want to risk mold in the later flowering weeks.

Keep it up. :thumb:

Welcome back, fellow growers!

Here we are at week 6 day 2 (let me do the math for you - day 44)! The same day I started this thread here, I posted a distress call in another thread. I was really worried about the relatively slow pace at which Tara and Coralie were evolving. As mentioned earlier, I estimated them to be a week or so behind on schedule. My mind was quickly put at ease thanks to the words of some of the more seasoned growers on the forum (thanks, @Nismo12 & @UrbanMonk!).

Let's see where things are now, just a few days later.

Is it okay to actually fall in love with a plant?

They have really put in an amazing last vertical grow effort in pre-flower! Flowers are starting to form all over Coralie now. I'm counting 8 which will - hopefully - turn into nice, thick buds and 4 smaller ones. The leaves feel really healthy and strong. Tara is doing great as well. She's showing 6 big and 4 smaller flowers (rough estimate - blame THC!). Foliage and stem look and feel just.. perfect!

They're becoming really thirsty now - I think Coralie could go with a 1L a day, but currently I'm watering her every other day with about 1.5L. Tara is going for the slower but "surer" approach and needs to be watered every three days with about the same amount. I'm currently going easy on them by giving them no extra nutrients until like next week (that last burn really scared me off). Then I'll give both of them a small portion of extra phosphor for stimulated flowering.

Because both plants are clearly liking their environment, I've increased the temperature to a stable 26 °C (79 °F) and humidity levels to 65%. Haven't had any issues with ventilation so far. The tent is in a closed room, which I air out for like half an hour every day. Let's see how they settle and keep an eye out for mold and other things I don't want to think about right now!

I would like to dedicate this grow to Franco Loja, RIP. The sparkle in this man's eyes when you see him talking about the plant we all love so much is one of the things that got me into growing in the first place.

Thanks for following and feel free to share any comments and advice!!

Tune in soon for more.

Belgium out!

I forgot to mention that I lowered Tara's height (as you can see in the front view shot) by simply lowering the pot. After all, she will take an extra 3-4 weeks to finish, so I'm expecting a little extra vertical growth from her over the next few days. Also, I don't want to risk a repeat of the light burn I experienced earlier.

Subbing up :thumb:

Just a comment on the stretch you had in the beginning of the grow. With most LED's you should try to keep the distance around 40cm from the canopy. No experience with Kind LED though. Using Mars-Hydro myself.

Does that panel on the lamp light all the time?

Subbing up :thumb:

Just a comment on the stretch you had in the beginning of the grow. With most LED's you should try to keep the distance around 40cm from the canopy. No experience with Kind LED though. Using Mars-Hydro myself.

Does that panel on the lamp light all the time?

Well, the thing is, I actually went for this Kind LED XL750, with it's adjustable spectrum for a reason. I wanted to start off my first grows using only 1 light (be it a 750W eq. :) ) - the XL series allows a full range of the needed spectrum for growing. (Seedling - vegetative - flower). It really formed an issue for me during seedling stage though. Kind suggests you to keep a minumum distance of 30' (78cm) to the plant canopy. I didn't dare to bring it in closer. Hence the stretch.

Well - until not the faintest ID about the control panel light. It's a bit like - does the light go off in your fridge when you close it? :)

Well, the thing is, I actually went for this Kind LED XL750, with it's adjustable spectrum for a reason. I wanted to start off my first grows using only 1 light (be it a 750W eq. :) ) - the XL series allows a full range of the needed spectrum for growing. (Seedling - vegetative - flower). It really formed an issue for me during seedling stage though. Kind suggests you to keep a minumum distance of 30' (78cm) to the plant canopy. I didn't dare to bring it in closer. Hence the stretch.

Well - until not the faintest ID about the control panel light. It's a bit like - does the light go off in your fridge when you close it? :)

The reason I asked about the control panel light is due to flowering. You need 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness to make the plants flower. I hope that light goes off during light off hours so it doesn't prevent the plants from flowering.

And yes. The light does indeed go off when you close the fridge :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Really cool you get to control the light like that. My Mars pro 160 has the same functionality. Sadly it seems to lose the program after a month or so. That made me lose a harvest. The plants re-vegged due to this error in the remote control software. Don't think Kind LED has that problem so you should be fine

The reason I asked about the control panel light is due to flowering. You need 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness to make the plants flower. I hope that light goes off during light off hours so it doesn't prevent the plants from flowering.

And yes. The light does indeed go off when you close the fridge :)

Don't forget these are autoflowers!!
But I checked anyway - just für shitz und gigglez - the display went off during lights out ;-)

420-magazine-mobile1544518435.jpg

420-magazine-mobile910472657.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Oh - I forgot to mention - i had to do some form of reducing the height of the girls. I wasn't able to raise my light any further, keeping the recommended distance of 30'' to the canopy. For some reason, the smaller, newer leaves around the flowers are wilting on the colorado cookies. Bigger fan leaves look very healthy (not counting the 2 showing the brown spots mentioned earlier).

Any ideas?

420-magazine-mobile58090413.jpg

Cookies on the right.

420-magazine-mobile1333833374.jpg

420-magazine-mobile208619535.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1991698399.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1462384218.jpg

Week 7 day 3.

Coralie is looking way healthier. Spreading of the brown spots has stalled apparently. I haven't taken any action yet, but I suspect pH being the culprid here. pH-levels of my soil have been varying between 6.9 and 7.0. Well knowing the pH-space for growing cannabis is between 6 and 7, I have read Iron and Calcium are best absorbed between the 6.0-6.5 range. I haven't bought any pH-up nor down yet. I'm lazy. I will do so next grow. Should this be okay, or am I to expect greater issues if I don't pH my water?

Tara is still taking her sweet burned ass time.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom