First Grow CFL Noob Grower

I must of missed this the other day, My rh stays around 45-58 almost all year round. And my temps rise to about 85ish after 4-5 hours of lights on. Then hovers around that temp till lights out when it drops to around 65... sometimes 60. so I guess my question is, is my rh to high already to use a evaporative cooler?

Still trying to figure out how to seperate a area to flower and to veg in one closet..

Will update pics of clones today aswell as the ladies.. How long should I wait to put clones in a medium? The longest roots are around an inch.

If you hooked up a Rh sensor to your water pump in your cooler it would be perfect, cuz when the Rh got too high, the water to the pads goes off and strips the humidity out quick, if the out door ambient Rh is less than that of which your sensor is located.

So just got back from the home depot and dont know if anyone realizes this or not but they actually sell 200w hps and mh bulbs for like 20$ can these be used? They have a regular socket for a light.

Pics will be posted in an few

They sell fixtures, hydroponic systems, everything you need, excellent marketing strategy too! IDK bro, never used either one! Type em in and see all the stuff they have!

Im already running 400w of cfls through My setup so wondering if I try to remove 150 watts and add Two 200w hps bulbs, its wired through 12g wire and a plug capable off 700w straight into the wall So I do I need a ballast, as I Thought one was required but bulbs at hd didnt show one being needed. I can always just try and return them if not.

It would give me a total of 57k lumens in a 4x4 area which is better then the 32k lumens I got now

I will eventually buy a hps setup but im leary about the hydroponics stores in my area

Im already running 400w of cfls through My setup so wondering if I try to remove 150 watts and add Two 200w hps bulbs, its wired through 12g wire and a plug capable off 700w straight into the wall So I do I need a ballast, as I Thought one was required but bulbs at hd didnt show one being needed. I can always just try and return them if not.

It would give me a total of 57k lumens in a 4x4 area which is better then the 32k lumens I got now

I will eventually buy a hps setup but im leary about the hydroponics stores in my area

Google it bro, or call em up and ask.......I called my friendly local grow store budbud...and.....LOL, they don't know, but i 'll have an answer tuesday...LOL

I googled it but the website doesnt really give much info, but ive decided im just gonna stick with the cfls untill next grow no need to change a good thing with 3 weeks left. So im prob just gonna wait and take a road trip to the next state over (only 1 1/2 hr ride) and visit thier hydro store and stock up on a light a tent and good nutes. After all i kinda like this green thumb i got in me :ganjamon:

But I transferred 3 clones into pots today. Heres a peak at what i got going on.
DSCN18336.JPG
DSCN18325.JPG
DSCN18313.JPG
DSCN18305.JPG
DSCN18295.JPG
DSCN18284.JPG

These were the best three
DSCN18034.JPG
DSCN18056.JPG

well ill have to load the 3rd root pic later dunno where it went lol

and some more of the ladies
DSCN18274.JPG
DSCN18265.JPG
DSCN18234.JPG
DSCN18223.JPG
DSCN18191.JPG
DSCN18184.JPG
DSCN18154.JPG
DSCN18143.JPG
DSCN18143.JPG
DSCN18106.JPG
DSCN18086.JPG
DSCN18074.JPG
DSCN18064.JPG

hopefully the clones arent dead tomorrow morning would suck for all the cloning process to be a waste. just hope the roots were long enough.

also plants got thier strongest feeding of nutes so far prob will give them one more feeding before switching to straight water for the rest of the time.

So I accidentally Broke the tip of crystal,( the largest). But wasnt going to just waste it, I put it up and let it dry enough to smoke 2-3 hits. Got me high but not the best but a nice lemony taste to it, along with a wave of lemon oder upon opening the door now.

Other then that the clones seem to be enjoying being in medium now.

My timer did mess up the past 2 mornings and left the clone light a 23w cfl on for three hours of the dark time about 6 feet away so worried bout a hermie now

So I accidentally Broke the tip of crystal,( the largest). But wasnt going to just waste it, I put it up and let it dry enough to smoke 2-3 hits. Got me high but not the best but a nice lemony taste to it, along with a wave of lemon oder upon opening the door now.

Other then that the clones seem to be enjoying being in medium now.

My timer did mess up the past 2 mornings and left the clone light a 23w cfl on for three hours of the dark time about 6 feet away so worried bout a hermie now

In my limited experience it's the one that comes on for a few seconds...then off, that they really hate and want to herm!

O good that makes me feel better, I guess I wouldnt mind a seed or two but its only mid way through flower, and fear a boat load of seeds.

But on the bright side of that it would be plenty for the future.

Im debating on a 600w or 400w Mh/hps system, I feel like even with 400w of cfl my buds should be much fuller. I guess it could just be my lack of experience but I dont even see 1oz coming from these plants. I hope im wrong but feel like im not getting full potential.

O good that makes me feel better, I guess I wouldnt mind a seed or two but its only mid way through flower, and fear a boat load of seeds.

But on the bright side of that it would be plenty for the future.

Im debating on a 600w or 400w Mh/hps system, I feel like even with 400w of cfl my buds should be much fuller. I guess it could just be my lack of experience but I dont even see 1oz coming from these plants. I hope im wrong but feel like im not getting full potential.

Bro, we get the best of everything that we can, and we grow with what we have, however we can. I got a good outside grow, then lost a crop, I coulda revived em,`but I knew that I could replace em pretty quick. I did invest in a good light. If you apply the fundamentals of growing...you CANNOT fail! Give these plants time and don't rush em, I think theyll produce, it's just gonna take time.

Yea now that this grow is mostly under the belt now, I have realized I thoroughly enjoy Growing and the people of 420. I want to build a room just to grow, as my current space is in a main room where we have company. I havent had anyone even remotely notice im growing in there when they come by. thats why I chose cfl for this grow, Low heat and energy were my two deciding factors. But as the grow went on and I couldnt help but to add lights for my girls, im already at the cost of a 400w hps energy wise.

So im going to start a 7x7x8 room with a divider and two doors, one for veg and on for flower. I plan on getting a monster Mother going and just pulling a clone or two off every couple of weeks. The room will allow me to vent the heat into my attic, whereas I have no way to vent the closet without major construction because of its location in the house.

But I will be taking pics of this whole process and will post as I go. Will be starting next weekend since dogs are having surgery saturday, along with easter sunday.

Yea now that this grow is mostly under the belt now, I have realized I thoroughly enjoy Growing and the people of 420. I want to build a room just to grow, as my current space is in a main room where we have company. I havent had anyone even remotely notice im growing in there when they come by. thats why I chose cfl for this grow, Low heat and energy were my two deciding factors. But as the grow went on and I couldnt help but to add lights for my girls, im already at the cost of a 400w hps energy wise.

So im going to start a 7x7x8 room with a divider and two doors, one for veg and on for flower. I plan on getting a monster Mother going and just pulling a clone or two off every couple of weeks. The room will allow me to vent the heat into my attic, whereas I have no way to vent the closet without major construction because of its location in the house.

But I will be taking pics of this whole process and will post as I go. Will be starting next weekend since dogs are having surgery saturday, along with easter sunday.

Oh yeah, I fully expect that you're gonna have an impact bro, and...LOL.....my mothers are 14" tall and they can give me a half dozen cuts a week...apeice! + reps to you my friend, and I only hope you let me follow your journals and watch you rock!

Of course man, youve already been a ton of help, and its much appreciated. I spend all my free time here trying to improve my skills, I hope someday I can make it a business. That is if its ever federally legalized. Untill then ill just keep a small thing going so that I dont spend hundreds a month of meds.

The initial start up is The most expensive part, after that its just keeping supplies up. And since I dont nute much I prob have enough for 5-6 more grows.

This has become more then a hobby though, tending to my ladies helps calm my anxiety which is nice aswell.

The ladies are smelling wonderful had to get a new ona block for smell control, also buds are starting to swell. I couldnt help but give one a slight squeeze and it was very dense and hard, are all buds like this before harvest or will airy fluffy buds be airy and fluffy while in flower? Did that make sense?

Of course man, youve already been a ton of help, and its much appreciated. I spend all my free time here trying to improve my skills, I hope someday I can make it a business. That is if its ever federally legalized. Untill then ill just keep a small thing going so that I dont spend hundreds a month of meds.

The initial start up is The most expensive part, after that its just keeping supplies up. And since I dont nute much I prob have enough for 5-6 more grows.

This has become more then a hobby though, tending to my ladies helps calm my anxiety which is nice aswell.

The ladies are smelling wonderful had to get a new ona block for smell control, also buds are starting to swell. I couldnt help but give one a slight squeeze and it was very dense and hard, are all buds like this before harvest or will airy fluffy buds be airy and fluffy while in flower? Did that make sense?

LOLOL, that makes perfect sense denots!, we all do it, I do it, then let loadie (woman) tell me which plant it is...LOL...Those buds are hard cuz they're gonna be dense, I've had them dense, but still light, I like these kind, the joint burns better, the bag is bigger and IMHO, it's more of a value than a dense rock hard dry nug that won't burn evenly. When you finish some you'll be looking at the ash, fine, soft, white ash! And if you end up with anything less you can examine your nute regimens and manipulte them to acheive your goals...to inspire your plants to acheive their genetic potential!

I Normally smoke bowls, So dense buds Would be a plus for me. Airy Buds tend to stay lit in a bowl, I perfer to smoke a hit or two at a time untill I reach the high I want. but ill be satisfied no matter what, Theres no such thing as good quality meds where I live only decent quick dried buds are available.....

Supposed to meet a guy with 1000w hps agro grow system for 75$. Figured id use it untill I can trade it for A 400 Or 600w hps/mh System. But figured either way it was a good deal

I Normally smoke bowls, So dense buds Would be a plus for me. Airy Buds tend to stay lit in a bowl, I perfer to smoke a hit or two at a time untill I reach the high I want. but ill be satisfied no matter what, Theres no such thing as good quality meds where I live only decent quick dried buds are available.....

Supposed to meet a guy with 1000w hps agro grow system for 75$. Figured id use it untill I can trade it for A 400 Or 600w hps/mh System. But figured either way it was a good deal

I'll take what my plants give, and I'll be happy....with myself, as long as I feel I'm close to the genetic potential for my plants under the conditions Im able to provide. I don't like pipes, but they got 4 bong hits off a small airy bud the other day, and two each will rock your world! I have a patient who got some certified 23% thc weed from the dispensary, and he smokes my weed and is saving that for harder times. Spoiled!.....LOL!

Great job! Being a plumber I have a suggestion, if you are considering a hydro unit. I looked at a system called current culture. Looks like a great setup but very pricy. Seems as though you could build it for less than half price. Also, you said you can get a 1000w hps for cheap, why trade down? Seems like. The new space you are building could use that. Personally I'd do 4 plants on a scrog with that light. But I am somewhat obsessed with scrogs! Lol my setup is a dual bulb hood with a1000hps and a 600w mh in a 5x5 area. 4 plants under each of three hoods. But I am not growing for personal smoke, I am a caregiver in my state so I'm growing for others as well.

Great job on the cloner! I bought mine for 49 and it only holds eight. I'm not a plumber so when I touch pipes they typically turn into sprinkler systems!

I'm subbed and looking forward to what's next for you.

Great job! Being a plumber I have a suggestion, if you are considering a hydro unit. I looked at a system called current culture. Looks like a great setup but very pricy. Seems as though you could build it for less than half price. Also, you said you can get a 1000w hps for cheap, why trade down? Seems like. The new space you are building could use that. Personally I'd do 4 plants on a scrog with that light. But I am somewhat obsessed with scrogs! Lol my setup is a dual bulb hood with a1000hps and a 600w mh in a 5x5 area. 4 plants under each of three hoods. But I am not growing for personal smoke, I am a caregiver in my state so I'm growing for others as well.

Great job on the cloner! I bought mine for 49 and it only holds eight. I'm not a plumber so when I touch pipes they typically turn into sprinkler systems!

I'm subbed and looking forward to what's next for you.

I think something like this could be replicated fairly easily using 5 gal buckets and 3" Pvc pipe, a water pump and an air pump. If youd like I can draw a sketch up for you on how I would do it. And I may have another project now.

Their system is relativly easy To duplicate In my opinon. Im gonna research it more and let you know what I come up with.

Was originally told the 1000w was hps only but it is mh capable(not sure if they all are). but original Thought was i Would trade for a 600w for power reasons as I dont want to raise a red flag on my power bill i know its not much more but is like a 25% raise in my previous bills. the 450 watt setup now has raised it roughly 12%. I know paranoid right? i just like to think safer is better.

Thanks blue garden appreciate it.

And yea mcloadie im hoping the taste of my homegrown will be much better, Current quality is too harsh for a joint and burns too unevenly.

adding a couple more lights to reach the lower canopy tonight lower budys are tiny.

Hey guys, just got done checking out the girls. Im not sure if its because I bought a cheap one or What but its pretty hard to see my trichs With a 40x loupe. Is that. Strong enough?
They look to be almost all cloudy now and about 40% hairs are ambered on the lst'd plant, I took a small Sample nug off just to see what its like. I hung it up on a ornament hanger In my grow and will just wait till she seems smokable. Maybe 2-3 more weeks... her flowers arent very big ill be lucky to yeild a half oz dry weight I think.

The tall gal still will be a while I believe, shes only got about 5% amber hairs and the trichs still appear clear. But flowers are starting to fill and cola is swelling. Im guessing 4-5 more weeks

Guess I need to get a more expensive loupe any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom