First Grow: Clone

nikkiannb

This is my first grow, it's a clone. Mother is in flowering stage should I go on and put my cline in the flowering stage as well? And what's up with the three leaves? Is that normal? Any suggestions on the care if I should b veg or flowering? I sent pics of first day I brought it home, and today. I've had it for 5 days now.

IMG_20210825_095123703.jpg

IMG_20210825_095056600_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210821_105618679.jpg

I'm not sure the strain of my plant or if it is indica or sativa. It was a clone given to me as a gift. I know the mother flower is doing great and is already in the budding stage. Mine looks a little young to me still. I'm not sure if I should already be flowering my plants since the mother is or if I should be vegging still

You need to veg the clone for a few weeks, otherwise you're going to get a tiny plant and small buds. Nothing unusual about three fingered leaves, I just grew a northern lights that never got anything more than three fingered leaves. In contrast I got a couple of Amnesia plants that have 9 fingered leaves. Just a phenotype.

Look at my (unknown strain)clone. It's almost 3 months old. I brought her home Saturday August 21, 2021. I've been watering every 2 days and misting leaves in between. I gave bloom booster (miracle grow) on Monday August 23, 2021. I also sprayed for pests and fungus that same day because of spider mites. They have been eliminated and she has new growth hourly it seems like. I'm planning on keeping her in veg state for few more weeks to get bigger and stronger before transitioning into blooming stage. It's my first attempt so it will be trial and error for me with this plant. I'm hoping to learn what to do and not do well enough with this plant to move on to better things with my next plant. Thanks to 420 I've got advice on what pest was infecting my plant and where to go for seeds on my next plant. I'm growing in a closet I've converted into a grow room with an led 30.24ppf 400-700nm. And a small fan to keep air moving. I've used Miracle Grows bloom booster and Expert Gardner's tomato and veg garden plant food. I used Rose Rx for my spider mites. I'm on the 18/6 light schedule right now. I almost let's someone's opinion away me into going to 12/12 to encourage flowering stage since it's a clone with attached and developed roots. But I again followed up with 420 and was told to veg a few more weeks or buds will b small and not produce as much at current size. I've posted pics from day I brought her home (then) and pics of her today (now) to see the changes since I've started caring for her. I hope to grow her well and she rewards me nicely. Stay tuned for future pics and updates. I think pics go from new to oldest! Happy growing,,

IMG_20210826_122817001.jpg

I up-potted my baby girl yesterday. She was almost root bound. Thank you all for all the knowledgeable advice. I used half miracle grow potting soil for cactus and half coconut coir organic. I used the coco to top off her pot once I switched her. She is looking a little wilted but
she is green has new growth and I think she's gonna love her new home. If this plant makes it, it's next of 420 magazine and all the friendly staff and members! Im so greatful to have found this group the day I started my first grow. Today I'm posting a updated pic of my unknown clone #1 and a pic of the mother plant who is already flowering and is growing outdoors. This is my unknown clone#1 mother plant .

received_2095957487229446.jpeg

Yes it was raining, she has always been outdoors. It had rained a few days in a row due to hurricane in south.

It's been 4 days since I moved her and started using new red/blue LED lights. She is lost a few leaves but has new growth coming in already behind it. I'm just giving light and dark. Letting my plant go thru the shock of the move. Looks like she's gonna b just fine. Will post some new pics in a few days when she's looking more like herself.

Hey nikkiann and :welcome: to the 420mag site! Not sure if you've had a chance to read this, but it goes through all the info you should have when starting a grow journal:

It makes it much easier for others to know what's going on, without them having to ask a ton of questions every time.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom