Clones In Soil: Hybrid Perpetual Grow 2021/2022

Here's a write up I did recently when someone asked how I dry and cure, but it doesn't involve low and slow:

I try to get as close to 7 days of hang drying as possible (I have no control over my environment) so 50% RH would be too low for me. By the end of a week the buds will also be at 50% which means there won't be any curing happening in the jars.

(Keep in mind that temp is nowhere near as important as RH when drying, since RH already includes temperature in the concept: relative humidity is humidity relative to temperature.)

After they hang on the stems for ~7 days they get cut off and put in jars to begin the burping process for the next 14 days.

I burp twice a day for a week and then once a day for a week. If I have to jar them earlier (because they're drying too fast), then the twice a day burping gets extended.

So basically I'm not sealing them up until three weeks after chop day.

Burping serves a couple of purposes. First is that it steadily lowers the humidity in the buds down where we want it (some folks like 62, some like 58). At the same time, you are airing out the jars during the start of the cure so there will be fresh oxygen in there for the bacteria that are munching down the chlorophyll. They're not anaerobic so they need oxygen.

If you had a room that was always 62% RH with cool temps, you could hang your buds in there forever. But since hardly anyone does, we burp down to 62% and seal the jar for curing when the bulk of the chlorophyll is gone.

Bovedas and other humidity packs are for long term storage, so don't add them to the jars until the jars are already in the low 60s and you're ready to seal them up. They're an insurance policy.

Omg! Hello you!

And it’s RAINING glitter!

☔✨☔✨☔✨

I struggled with drying too. My climate is hot and dry/humid. Fridge drying changed EVERYTHING!

It took a few goes to master it, but now I’m bish bash bosh, wait 7-10 days, jar 61%-64%.

And the smell omg!

Do you wash your bud?

Omg! Hello you!

And it’s RAINING glitter!

☔✨☔✨☔✨

I struggled with drying too. My climate is hot and dry/humid. Fridge drying changed EVERYTHING!

It took a few goes to master it, but now I’m bish bash bosh, wait 7-10 days, jar 61%-64%.

And the smell omg!

Do you wash your bud?
Hey there girlee,✌️
oh yeah, I cry every time I’m near harvest bc of the cure. I don’t even like to share bc I’m embarrassed lol
I do wash the buds, I’ve tried not washing too, but overall I like to wash them. I believe I am getting closer tho. I believe I have been jarring way to early and then not burping enough. I was only burping like once a day when the RH was close to 70% for the first week then every other day or something like that bc I just didn’t understand what I was doing. I started to mix up traditional drying and curing with lo&slo. I tend to do that, mix up information when there are many diff ways to do something. But I’m learning, slowly, but surely.
Can’t wait until I too am bish bash bosh! 😆

I’m right in the middle of drying in fff. so fingers crossed, this is day 7. :dreamy:

Hey guys?

Is this WPM……..
EB63A3F8-A4AB-45BD-8C33-817C2BAEC423.jpeg

Left the humidifier on in the grow tent with no open vent and everything was dripping wet, then when dried this was all over everything, except my 3 clones I had in there. I’ve taken them out and want to deep clean everything. I already threw out my two little fans bc they were covered all they way to the inside with this white powdered stuff? From what I’ve read the mold only lives on the plant so idk. Is there any home remedies I can use to clean/kill this stuff from my tent. I have already cleaned what I can see but I’m sure if it is WPM that there is more hiding.

I also ran into these little critters when I accidentally snapped the top of a clone I had recently purchased from a local dispensary. I purchased 2 different strains from the same location. A few weeks later maybe 2, I noticed them, what are they? When I looked then up, I don’t find anything resembling these except maybe aphids? I’ve never had an issue with pests period or WPM and it all hit me at once lol
1E32C0C3-93C7-492E-801A-5E5AED0D21B0.jpeg

I removed her until they were all gone. I removed them by hand every time I would see one.
2B6F1445-E1F9-4843-8F2B-301207A621E6.jpeg

In quarantine for 2 weeks and she good :yahoo:
16BBD873-15E6-47BC-A93C-4B8D2488CE74.jpeg

And this is her right now :thumb:

Current grow in Veg.
Banana runtz, GG#4 and unicorn poop
3F3268F4-E8E9-4ABF-B494-198B4A8B9E1F.jpeg

I’ll grow the 2 on the right in this tent and the one on the left by herself in the other tent, once I get it all cleaned up.

These are the clones I had in the tent when all that white powder was everywhere and I don’t see anything in any of the clones. I’m keeping a close eye on them tho!

Hey guys?

Is this WPM……..
EB63A3F8-A4AB-45BD-8C33-817C2BAEC423.jpeg

Left the humidifier on in the grow tent with no open vent and everything was dripping wet, then when dried this was all over everything, except my 3 clones I had in there. I’ve taken them out and want to deep clean everything. I already threw out my two little fans bc they were covered all they way to the inside with this white powdered stuff? From what I’ve read the mold only lives on the plant so idk. Is there any home remedies I can use to clean/kill this stuff from my tent. I have already cleaned what I can see but I’m sure if it is WPM that there is more hiding.
Hi 420giirl, nice to see you had such great success! Sweet bud!

With any luck that white may be a dusting of minerals from your water. Ultrasonic hummers do that. Keep your eye on it though! Could be pm.

Buds look great, plants look great...well done!
Hey guys?

Is this WPM……..
What Otter said!
With any luck that white may be a dusting of minerals from your water. Ultrasonic hummers do that.
I'm pretty sure that's it. Does it wipe off?
I don’t find anything resembling these except maybe aphids?
Hard to tell in a blurry pic but most likely aphids. Always good to Neem outside clones for two weeks in quarantine before considering them okay to join the general population!

Hey there girlee,✌️
oh yeah, I cry every time I’m near harvest bc of the cure. I don’t even like to share bc I’m embarrassed lol
I do wash the buds, I’ve tried not washing too, but overall I like to wash them. I believe I am getting closer tho. I believe I have been jarring way to early and then not burping enough. I was only burping like once a day when the RH was close to 70% for the first week then every other day or something like that bc I just didn’t understand what I was doing. I started to mix up traditional drying and curing with lo&slo. I tend to do that, mix up information when there are many diff ways to do something. But I’m learning, slowly, but surely.
Can’t wait until I too am bish bash bosh! 😆

I’m right in the middle of drying in fff. so fingers crossed, this is day 7. :dreamy:
I’ve stopped washing and it’s made a HUGE difference in the quality of smoke.

I actively nit (bug) treat and rinse up to twice weekly. I really don’t think they need the extra glitter damage with a harvest ash.

For me fridge drying has been game changing. I’m jarring the best bud I’ve grown yet, and it goes from fridge to jar in the 62%-64% zone. I don’t even used the bodivas anymore.

I’ve stopped washing and it’s made a HUGE difference in the quality of smoke.

I actively nit (bug) treat and rinse up to twice weekly. I really don’t think they need the extra glitter damage with a harvest ash.

For me fridge drying has been game changing. I’m jarring the best bud I’ve grown yet, and it goes from fridge to jar in the 62%-64% zone. I don’t even used the bodivas anymore.
Hey Tra, okie dok, I’m willing to shave some time off by not washing buds next harvest. I wasn’t totally sure if it was making a whole lot of difference for me anyways. I just wanted to stick to the steps of lo&slo as close as possible. buds are coming right a long in the fridge this round. Last harvest I tried hang drying in a tent, but ended up over drying, so that was a fail! I have a feeling fff will be the only way to go for me.
When you jar your buds at 62%-64%, what happens next, is there any burping involved at all?
When I checked the temps in the fff they were at 43%f and 51%rh, so I’m hoping they go another 5 days, we are currently at day 8, but idk
I was thinking about drawing out the rest of the moisture with rice balls. On the other hand, I feel like I need to have at least one successful cure before I go and start experimenting with other methods.
I’m going to figure this curing thing out if it’s the last thing I do lol
I mean there just isn’t any point otherwise.

How do you nit treat your plants, what do you use? I’ve never had pest issues before this one. First time for everything I guess, I just want to be prepared if it happens again.

Buds look great, plants look great...well done!

What Otter said!

I'm pretty sure that's it. Does it wipe off?

Hard to tell in a blurry pic but most likely aphids. Always good to Neem outside clones for two weeks in quarantine before considering them okay to join the general population!
Hi there, yeah it wipes right off and feels like chalk. I thought I cleaned it all including my little fan and hadn’t notice anything for a couple week until I put the fan back in, I noticed it all over the tent where the fan was blowing mostly, that’s when I decided to throw it out. not to mention when I looked through the little vents the WP was inside where the motor is. I got at least 2 years using the fan every day all day, I think I got my money’s worth. I think it was like 10$.
Is there a DIY or something I should purchase to treat my clones as a precaution for pests?
I asked Trala the same question trying to come up with a plan for the future.
Hi 420giirl, nice to see you had such great success! Sweet bud!

With any luck that white may be a dusting of minerals from your water. Ultrasonic hummers do that. Keep your eye on it though! Could be pm.
Thanks StoneOtter, I’m happy to be back, although I never really left. 🙃
okay minerals huh, cool, sounds better than the alternative, WPM. I’ll mosdef keep any eye on it, for sure! I’ll tell ya, when I mess up, I make sure to go all out lol
I thought for sure my led lights were done with all that water everywhere omg
Thankfully everything seems to be running just fine.

Left the humidifier on in the grow tent with no open vent and everything was dripping wet, then when dried this was all over everything, except my 3 clones I had in there.
Most likely it is what the others have mentioned, something in the water. This sort of problem came up several times a few years ago and it was traced back to minerals in the water. And, some humidifiers were worse at creating this white powder than others so there is that.

... this was all over everything, except my 3 clones I had in there.
Powdery mildew needs to be on living leaves before it can attach to something and to continue to stay alive. It would not grow on metal or plastic or anything else in the tent. Plus, the clones were not covered so it is highly unlikely that the stuff is Powdery Mildew.

Remove everything you can from the tent and take it outside and hose it off. If that is not possible maybe clean it up in the bathtub. Let the items dry for a day or so.

We have taken window fans outside and hosed them off. Left them in the sun for a day or two. They would work for the rest of the summer. Then washing time again.

Hey Tra, okie dok, I’m willing to shave some time off by not washing buds next harvest. I wasn’t totally sure if it was making a whole lot of difference for me anyways.
I’ve stopped because they don’t need it. My grows have been pretty much pest free. *touch wood* lol
I just wanted to stick to the steps of lo&slo as close as possible. buds are coming right a long in the fridge this round. Last harvest I tried hang drying in a tent, but ended up over drying, so that was a fail! I have a feeling fff will be the only way to go for me.
Okay this is what changed it for me.

I would check my bud daily, lightly touching it. I learned when it got to the stage I thought I’d ruined it, I’d put it in a jar, then wait a few hours, if it climbed to over 68%, back in the fridge for another 12 hours. I did this till it sat at 61%-64%. Once at this stage I just leave it to cure.
When you jar your buds at 62%-64%, what happens next, is there any burping involved at all?
Nope, just cure.
When I checked the temps in the fff they were at 43%f and 51%rh, so I’m hoping they go another 5 days, we are currently at day 8, but idk
The fridge has super low humidity. Mine is 15%. When they first go into the jar, the humidity is low. But once the lid goes on, and it sits. The humidity will climb.
I was thinking about drawing out the rest of the moisture with rice balls. On the other hand, I feel like I need to have at least one successful cure before I go and start experimenting with other methods.
I’m going to figure this curing thing out if it’s the last thing I do lol
I mean there just isn’t any point otherwise.
Babe it’s a skill like any newly learned skill. It takes time to fine tune. It took me 4 fridge dries to get it. Maybe more. I was so scared of over drying I would take them out early. Now I just know by the feel. When they feel like “OH MY GOD I FUCKED IT!” I know to jar. Tbh I don’t even touch them for the first week now lol. I just know. I don’t even bodiva now. I just use humidity readers.
How do you nit treat your plants, what do you use?
Neem in veg
Safers in flower - I rinse off once dried.

I treat my plants prophetically once a week because I indoor/outdoor grow.

I’ve spent $100’s on nit lotions and potions and it’s the two simplest and cheapest treatments I recommend. Australia is home of the insect too.
I’ve never had pest issues before this one. First time for everything I guess, I just want to be prepared if it happens again.
Omg I have pest issues every. single. grow!

🐜 🐛 🪲

I’ve stopped because they don’t need it. My grows have been pretty much pest free. *touch wood* lol

Okay this is what changed it for me.

I would check my bud daily, lightly touching it. I learned when it got to the stage I thought I’d ruined it, I’d put it in a jar, then wait a few hours, if it climbed to over 68%, back in the fridge for another 12 hours. I did this till it sat at 61%-64%. Once at this stage I just leave it to cure.

Nope, just cure.

The fridge has super low humidity. Mine is 15%. When they first go into the jar, the humidity is low. But once the lid goes on, and it sits. The humidity will climb.

Babe it’s a skill like any newly learned skill. It takes time to fine tune. It took me 4 fridge dries to get it. Maybe more. I was so scared of over drying I would take them out early. Now I just know by the feel. When they feel like “OH MY GOD I FUCKED IT!” I know to jar. Tbh I don’t even touch them for the first week now lol. I just know. I don’t even bodiva now. I just use humidity readers.

Neem in veg
Safers in flower - I rinse off once dried.

I treat my plants prophetically once a week because I indoor/outdoor grow.

I’ve spent $100’s on nit lotions and potions and it’s the two simplest and cheapest treatments I recommend. Australia is home of the insect too.

Omg I have pest issues every. single. grow!

🐜 🐛 🪲
Thanks Trala, you’re awesome! I needed all this info for sure! Every little detail counts for me. I need to know everything lol
Yeah I feel ya, I’m still in the paranoid stage lol but I’m getting there now that I can see the process working
Darn those nasty lil pests, I hope to not have this issue again, Ugh!

Try growing in a perpetual....they never go away. Never. Ever.

I just get them under control. If I stop the control methods they prove to me just how fast they can come back.
I actually do.

Perpetually infested just on different levels lol.

Back
Top Bottom