HappyHippyBeads' Soil Grow From Seeds 2021

Day 37: all happy :)

2DC60496-EDBF-40DF-BE6B-A22E31557E7B.jpeg

Day 54: TL;DR don't mix unfinished compost or worm castings in your soil mix if you don't want slow growth due to larvae eating the roots.

20B6745D-EC85-46D0-B1DF-CF6101FFAECF.jpeg

Looks like I've got a mini Christmas tree farm with that DE covering the soil. I repotted all of them into gallon-size pots today after getting a surprise when I repotted sour diesel. The bark's appearance was concerning where the soil met the trunk. It was less than healthy looking. I'd been putting off the repotting, so that was tonight's chore. Ended up rinsing off all the soil due to still seeing larvae in it, and repotting with fresh mix that doesn't contain unfinished compost or unfinished worm castings.

Besides added veg phase nutes, soil mix this time has a healthy portion of DE in it which (I'm hoping) will activate when the soil dries out, and the topping of it should keep the fungus gnats at bay. Considered not adding it due to it not slicing into the soft bellies of the pests when it's wet, but I've got a lot of the stuff. It didn't work to kill fleas on my cat like I thought it would.

Since I don't want to disturb the snowcap, I will go back to bottom soak watering after I start seeing a bit of wilt.

Ms Goldleaf's been sporting the DE look for about two weeks now, and seems healthy.

SuzyQ's been in the same conditions, except the soil blend, and she's flourishing. Leaf tips were well beyond her pot, so she got a new one too.

WW's still figuring out that she's not in flower. New growth is happening, but is not paired like they do in veg phase. All the flowering clones I've done do that weird die-off of all the foliage they built while in flower. WW's still shedding like my cats in the springtime.

Right now, I'm staring at two empty tents that should be housing five plants for another month of veg and training before they get put on a 12/12. Panama red went under the blade yesterday, but left enough of her to see if she will flush out with foliage again. Highly unlikely, but I might get a clone or two out of it. Gotta save the genetics b/c Panama Red is hubby's go-to smoke. The other clones I'd made from failed once they hit soil. Evil beasties.

Day 54: TL;DR don't mix unfinished compost or worm castings in your soil mix if you don't want slow growth due to larvae eating the roots.

20B6745D-EC85-46D0-B1DF-CF6101FFAECF.jpeg

Looks like I've got a mini Christmas tree farm with that DE covering the soil. I repotted all of them into gallon-size pots today after getting a surprise when I repotted sour diesel. The bark's appearance was concerning where the soil met the trunk. It was less than healthy looking. I'd been putting off the repotting, so that was tonight's chore. Ended up rinsing off all the soil due to still seeing larvae in it, and repotting with fresh mix that doesn't contain unfinished compost or unfinished worm castings.

Besides added veg phase nutes, soil mix this time has a healthy portion of DE in it which (I'm hoping) will activate when the soil dries out, and the topping of it should keep the fungus gnats at bay. Considered not adding it due to it not slicing into the soft bellies of the pests when it's wet, but I've got a lot of the stuff. It didn't work to kill fleas on my cat like I thought it would.

Since I don't want to disturb the snowcap, I will go back to bottom soak watering after I start seeing a bit of wilt.

Ms Goldleaf's been sporting the DE look for about two weeks now, and seems healthy.

SuzyQ's been in the same conditions, except the soil blend, and she's flourishing. Leaf tips were well beyond her pot, so she got a new one too.

WW's still figuring out that she's not in flower. New growth is happening, but is not paired like they do in veg phase. All the flowering clones I've done do that weird die-off of all the foliage they built while in flower. WW's still shedding like my cats in the springtime.

Right now, I'm staring at two empty tents that should be housing five plants for another month of veg and training before they get put on a 12/12. Panama red went under the blade yesterday, but left enough of her to see if she will flush out with foliage again. Highly unlikely, but I might get a clone or two out of it. Gotta save the genetics b/c Panama Red is hubby's go-to smoke. The other clones I'd made from failed once they hit soil. Evil beasties.
My wife and I foster kittens we've saved 300 over the years. Get cat fur in the tent?

My wife and I foster kittens we've saved 300 over the years. Get cat fur in the tent?
super cool :) we have a couple that have have shown up on our doorstep over the years, or on a friend's doorstep. I don't think I could foster b/c I'd get too attached. And we already have too many (fixed) cats.

And yes, cat fur has been found in the tent. During the trim of the Blue mystic that finished in january, the lower limbs were pretty furry. Made a note to not leave the doors unzipped. Lump really enjoys the smell, and rubbed all over it to show his love :D

Back
Top Bottom