First grow, Durban Poison clones: any advice?

Wooty

420 Member
A friend gave me 4 clones, said they were durban poison, i thought id try my luck growing them. All advice is muchly appreciated.

Wooty

Attachments

• 20190705_104236.jpg
    20190705_104236.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 20190706_065024.jpg
    20190706_065024.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 95
Hey smeegol, this literally got sprung on me yesterday, a friend was throwing them away and i couldnt watch that happen so i took them in.. i have no experience in growing weed but am a fast learner.. so far i have slapped up a quick frame and made a box for them.. just gotta install insulation and outer panel which will be done today.. at the moment i have them in my bathroom under normal household flourescent tube 18/6 light schedule as per info i found on google, i need to make this a stealth grow as i live in nz... its also winter here, what would be my ideal type of lighting situation for a small stealth grow on a budget setup? As cheap as possible?.. is there anything i should be actively doing.. they look to be in potting soil with white stones throughout apparently these are water crystals? Plants look really nice and healthy dark rich green throughout with very light green top. I am looking at buying a led panel today any suggestions on wattage etc? Food?... how long should they be in veg for? Research suggests 7-8 weeks veg??

Cheers
Wooty

Hello brother well they look blooming healthy so try keep them that way.....haha, I'm not quite the guy to ask bout lighting as I mainly grow outdoors as my indoor attempts have failed or halted for whatever reason...

But I've got 31 clones under 2x36w fluros vegging at the moment and it's also middle of winter here in South Africa and they doing fine in my DIY box but I do carry them outdoors during the day. I don't have any heating or fans going on either and they not bothered really so you can do it easily..
I haven't had any experience with the water crystals but I figure it's there for water retention maby or something like that...haha

Getting back to lights stick with the fluros as they do a fine job for vegging honestly I wouldn't bother getting anything else maby another fluro or two but for now you'll be fine, for flower it depends on your budget really LEDs come in all forms and I purchased 2x 130w quantum boards for when I do have space indoors as they too powerful for the small space I'm using over winter ( DIY cupboard lying on its side ) but I wouldn't go crazy if it's your first time, get something that is functional and works and suits your pocket brother.....

Here's a pic so you get an idea of my set up and you'll see it's no frills no fuss...

image.jpg
image.jpg

As they'll be going outdoors they looking rather happy also no bugs during winter....haha

Hey stoneotter.. to be honest man i dont really know lol i believe they are as they dont have sacs they have pistills, or so my research has led me to suggest. Heres a few pics..

Cheers, wooty

Attachments

• 20190706_081356.jpg
    20190706_081356.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20190706_081349.jpg
    20190706_081349.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 86
  • 20190706_081338.jpg
    20190706_081338.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190706_081331.jpg
    20190706_081331.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20190706_081320.jpg
    20190706_081320.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20190706_081311.jpg
    20190706_081311.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 20190706_065057.jpg
    20190706_065057.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190706_065052.jpg
    20190706_065052.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190706_065044.jpg
    20190706_065044.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20190706_065037.jpg
    20190706_065037.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 82
Hello brother well they look blooming healthy so try keep them that way.....haha, I'm not quite the guy to ask bout lighting as I mainly grow outdoors as my indoor attempts have failed or halted for whatever reason...

But I've got 31 clones under 2x36w fluros vegging at the moment and it's also middle of winter here in South Africa and they doing fine in my DIY box but I do carry them outdoors during the day. I don't have any heating or fans going on either and they not bothered really so you can do it easily..
I haven't had any experience with the water crystals but I figure it's there for water retention maby or something like that...haha

Getting back to lights stick with the fluros as they do a fine job for vegging honestly I wouldn't bother getting anything else maby another fluro or two but for now you'll be fine, for flower it depends on your budget really LEDs come in all forms and I purchased 2x 130w quantum boards for when I do have space indoors as they too powerful for the small space I'm using over winter ( DIY cupboard lying on its side ) but I wouldn't go crazy if it's your first time, get something that is functional and works and suits your pocket brother.....

Here's a pic so you get an idea of my set up and you'll see it's no frills no fuss...

image.jpg
image.jpg

As they'll be going outdoors they looking rather happy also no bugs during winter....haha

Awesome setup man, im planning to do some outdoor stuff as soon as winter is is over wayy to cold for them outside where i am haha temperatures as low as -5 with frosts etc, i have multiple fluro tubes etc so will get that box finished today budget as setup, im a wood worker so just used some old stuff i had laying around. Your plants look awesome man!! Thanks a ton for your help and advice brother! Im already learning alot!

Wooty

:welcome: to :420: Wooty:passitleft:...nice looking girls you have there :battingeyelashes:

Hi Wooty, sweet undertaking. Do you know if they're female?
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Ohh that would suck :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey stoneotter.. to be honest man i dont really know lol i believe they are as they dont have sacs they have pistills, or so my research has led me to suggest. Heres a few pics..

Cheers, wooty
Yeah good thing they're female :thumb:

Can't wait to grow my DP here. Good stuff, or so I hear.

And like a puppy dog that you can't resist, so it begins...

Welcome.

I do believe The white balls are called perlite. It’s a drainage compound to help with drainage. When you mix it in with new soil for transplanting or what ever, normally you would mix it close to 50/50 and when in coco, 60 coco/ 40 perlite. I know people that say coco is a good enough of a compound for drainage that it doesn’t need perlite, but I throw it in anyways. :thumb:

I’m sorry if it says up there but how big is your box your making, or made?

Like another member said you don’t need much for veg. I have a small 2 foot T5 light for my veg box which is 24 inches deep, 32 inch wide, and 18 inch inside to inside tall. It works great. You will want to think about possibly having two boxes. One for veg and one for flower. Having them separate to not disrupt the mandatory 12/12 light schedule for flower. With no light penetrating through to the plant. For flower in a small box I’m sure a 300W would be sufficient. Check out the sponsors to see what kind of deals they have, located under my post.

You won’t see pistils or pollen sacs until it’s well flipped into flower.

Much to learn man! I’m tagged in and will follow along, and help where I can!

If your interested, come on down to my journal located under my post, read the intro and then swing on down to the present! Happy to have ya!!

:thumb:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Hey Woody! Your room looks great and t the girls look happy.

Hey thanks guys, its awesome to be part of a great community where everyone helps everyone.. ill keep posting and updating on how things are progressing.
Ill check the ph of the soil today also!

Wooty.

woot woot! :p

Back
Top Bottom