First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting etc)

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

LEAVES.

Or quite possibly, leaves and branches. Kind of hard to tell until they grow a little.

Don't pick them off - they're supposed to be there.

Or did you mean the little spikey things? I forget the name of them and what purpose if any they serve but leave them alone too.

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

yea i know that im not that dumb bbut is this normal for a 3 week old plant?

<SCRATCHES HEAD> You're bothered by the fact that your plant is growing? I'm not sure that I understand. Or do you mean that it took three weeks? I'd say the rate of growth is in line with the amount of light it's getting.

Actually, I would assume that it'll tend to branch more since you've got the tip of the plant (and its auxins) at the very bottom. But I'm just guessing and therefore will be watching your grow with interest.

that one looks a little behind my oldest lr#2, which is 22 days old. yours looks almost as big as my second oldest one. that one is like 18 days old. thats a good height for its age and your lights.

How many lights should i end up having? And can i get more cfl's now?

The sky's the limit as far as lights go. Might want to look through some of the current and finished grow journals, there have been several nice CFL grows.

You can add CFLs at pretty much any time. If your plant starts looking like it's getting too much just cut some off for a little while. Main thing is to not get them so close that it gets the plant too hot. But CFLs don't put out the massive amounts that say a 600-watt HPS would. A fan blowing across the plant would most likely be enough.

hey guys, thought you'd like to know that the name of the process that a plant uses to orient the leaves toward the light, it is called positive tropism. it is somehow controlled by the light spectrum.

spurs = small spikey things near leaf base?

i think it looks great for three wk old plant. inverted or not.

hey topsy,
just remember that this bag is made for an outdoor thing,they didnt factor in US you know US those people that would attempt to grow something upside down indoors with lights underneath it.heres my point be very careful where you place those lights my friend as we all know WATER AND THE BIG "E" dont play well together.
i dont know how the drainage is on this bag, but a little leak could be a bad thing.
i was just thinking about it after a good smoke of some of the AK-47 i took down this weekend btw its fricking awesome....pics on my journal
hope this helps a little
goodluck and im thinking about your grow often this is cool

herb, thanks, sorry, i didnt see the link earlier.

JudiA,
i dont think all plants are heliotropic like you say, a vine grows whatever it can clime regardless of where the sun is. trees dont move to look at the sun. plants can be very complicated. look at the venus fly trap. thats a cool plant. potatoes grow under the ground. and lettuce doesn't do much but sit there. lol. lazy lettuce.

hey guys, thought you'd like to know that the name of the process that a plant uses to orient the leaves toward the light, it is called positive tropism. it is somehow controlled by the light spectrum.

Yeah i know its pretty interesting learned it in school:peace:

herb, thanks, sorry, i didnt see the link earlier.

JudiA,
i dont think all plants are heliotropic like you say, a vine grows whatever it can clime regardless of where the sun is. trees dont move to look at the sun. plants can be very complicated. look at the venus fly trap. thats a cool plant. potatoes grow under the ground. and lettuce doesn't do much but sit there. lol. lazy lettuce.

Good point.
I love lettuce.
Kind of ironic how its "lazy" but its good for you haha :grinjoint:
I wanted to try this inverted thing with MJ once I saw the cheesy commercial for it.
Anyways, looks good.

It still insists on trying to curl upward but i make it grow down with strings and it is starting to branch out where all those arrows I had.

nice,

ggg, its all good for you except iceburg, which is like eating nothing. lol. and is the most popular. go figure. i don't get it, like people smoking mexican brick weed.

no thanks!

and just a note: it grows fast as hell!! so its anything but lazy, i just think it looks short and plump and lazy

phpZpfJDZPM.jpg

phpP6Ot35PM.jpg

phpz8ZlwnPM.jpg

ghetto set up I know

Going to be a bushy brancher for sure growing upside-down like that!

Would probably benefit from painting the bottom of that planter bright flat white since the leaves seem to be turning right side up on ya.

Just curious, could a person turn that planter upside down until the plant has grown a bit and then flip it back over? And about how much does it weigh when full of soil?

I'd say it weighs 30 lbs and i dont think you could turn it right side up in this particular planter but I also have a question the cfl bulbls im using are from walgreens this is the info on them and i was wonderinging if this is enough or if you know where i can get some better bulbs or what.
# 30W = 125.
# Replaces 125 watt.
# Uses only 30 watts.
# Earth friendly.
# Light Output: 2050 Lumens.
# Energy Used: 30 Watts.
# Average Life: 6,000 Hours.

Also what should my light times be?

Back
Top Bottom