First Grow Fem Bubblelicious And BlackJack

I AM LIKING THIS. I know all about murphy's law hahahaha I figure I can only make so many mistakes before it stays green for longer, know what I mean? nice job

CK

I'm sorry to hear they are ill.

I test ph of my water and its usually around 9.0 out the tap, I let it sit for a few days in a barrel with a small aquarium pump circulating water and it seems to get down to 7.5 after a while... ppm out tap is around 40, run thru carbon filter brings down to 25 and helps remove chloramine/chlorine... checked water company website, they put calcium carbonate in water to raise ph, good for pipe infrastructure, bad for humans and plants...

whats your tap water ph, tap water ppm, ph of nutrient solution after mixing? i check ph and ppm of nutrient solution after adding each part to understand how much of each i am actually giving and what that is doing to ph...

i am growing in coco which has its own set of issues but compared to soil is easier for me to control as far as what nutes plant is gettings, over/under watering, enough oxygen to roots etc...

i dont know what to tell you regarding your soil mix, but as for your ph situation, i think you really need to get a handle on that and things will improve, with bad ph you are going to see all sorts of deficiencies and lock outs...

you can buy cheap ph meters on ebay for $30(i would go for water proof/temp compensating/ppm cost a little more), you kind of want the calibrating solutions also but in the end this will save you a lot of headache compared to what you are doing now...

Sorry about the rant. It's been a hell of a week for me. I get frustrated too easily, especially when I'm dry. I can't put up any pictures right now. I don't actually own a camera and can't seem to find one in stock anywhere that I would buy. I'm kinda stuck out here. No car and no stores within miles. I hate it. City-boy until I die. At least we had sidewalks.

Again, I'd like to apologize. It's wasn't supposed to be a personal attack on the site or anyone. It's just frustrating that I posted the problem as soon as I noticed it. The pics are right in here. Then I immediately made a more specific thread BlackJack New Growth Browning.

Well I must say that today they look much better. There's some irreparable damage to some leaves, but overall they look much better. I'm still sort of confused as to what happened, but I'll take what I can get.

I'll explain what I believe happened. I stayed overnight at a friends going away party. The next day I came back to 95 degree temperature in my grow room. I think that has something to do with the problem I was seeing. All three looked very wilted with leaves turning yellow. They looked just terrible. They weren't quite dry yet so I didn't want to water them. Another 2 days or so go by. I have my friend JayBuddz come by. He looks at them and told me to water them. At first I dismiss it cause they weren't dry when the problem began. Really what other option did I have though? So yesterday I watered them. I was too scared to look in on them after that yesterday. Today I overcame that, and I'm glad I did. The difference is absolutely incredible! Except for the few leaves with dead areas on them they look very good.

I still feel like a complete a-hole for my rant. The pics and threads I referred to in the post were for a problem that was specific to the Blackjack, which I convienently(?) forgot about. So I'll apologize one more time for good measure.

Yes sir, that is the way I've been checking if they need water or not. I tried the finger in the dirt method at first, but this has been a much easier way for me to check them. It's funny to me, because they seem to need less and less water. I guess it makes sense when I think of the roots growing and taking up space in the pots. No idea if that's accurate or not.

Hi Brad820 and welcome to a great community who'll help you learn, learn and learn some more about making your own at home cannabis ;) For soil you'll want to keep your pH between 5.7-6.5 if you can. That digi meter will come in handy, yet please practice patience with your device. I say this because I'll let my digi sit for up to 20 minutes at times to ensure the reading it's displaying is it's "final answer" heh.

I will say your plants look great over all based off your last post w/ pics. I used those FF's you got, and I used to "tea" those nutes. What I mean by that is I would let them simmer in some water for about 5 minutes. I felt this activated the compounds used, due to them being all organic. Please research this method if you want, you might enjoy their results ;)

Keep up the hard work and dedication because it's paying off so far!

:peace:

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom