First Grow Help? Low Humidity, Ventilation Wrong?

toxiq

Hi guys. First post here so please go easy ;)

So I've got a plant in veg right now for around 4 weeks. The sex and strain is unknown - decided to just give it a go with a seed I'd found from a particularly nice smoke. I'm very aware that this is incredibly idiotic as I don't have any idea whether it's indica/sativa dominant or even what grow conditions it prefers. Again, it was a test - but I'm only realising now what a risk it was to take.
I had been over watering it, so I slowed down the growth for a fair few weeks. It seems to be thriving a bit better now.

So I've been getting what looks like nutrient burn at the tips of the leaves that slowly starts to move towards the base of them. I'm using a grow bag with preloaded fertiliser, however dumb dumb here decided to use liquid nutrients as well. If I gave the plants nutrient burn, how long would it take for that to revert?

Also, the humidity in the tent (it's like 5 foot tall and three deep) is resting around 20%. Will that severely affect the plants? I've set a fan pointing into the tent blowing over a bowl of water with a cloth wick to try and increase the humidity, but it's getting to a max of 29% relative humidity. Should I focus on increasing that?

I'm only realising now that I could have gotten an air cooled reflector to keep the temperature down, however it's a bit late. So my set up is the carbon filter at the top with the fan outside the tent pulling the air through the filter and out into the room. Is that an acceptable set up to have?

foto_no_exif_1_12.jpg
foto_no_exif0.jpg

Hi there toxiq and welcome to :420:

In order to answer your questions better we need a bit more information.

What type of liquid nutrients are you using and how much of each?
What's the ph of your nutrients before and after passing through the soil?
What are the temperatures at canopy level inside your tent?
What type of fan are you running and how many cfm?
What type of lighting are you using and how close is it?

Good job on utilizing the towel method to raise humidity, I hear it works well. I myself haven't had to deal with humidity being to low so I couldnt tell you how plants react to it.

The only advice I can give you is to flush by feeding with just plain water for a couple days to see if that helps.

Someone else should come along and will be able to help you out more.

And by the way, don't beat yourself up too much, we all make mistakes every once in a while.

6-1.3-5 is the mix I was using. I only added it twice. I made it very dilute - only a couple of mL in a litre.
The grow bag itself is supposed to have enough nutrients without adding until the flowering stage or so, so maybe I'm adding too much?

The pH of the soil is just below 7, as is the water.

The temperatures vary between 80-89 degrees F.

Using a Black Orchid Radial-flo fan that has an extraction speed of up to ~100M^3 per hour. I'm not positive but I think thta that's 1.67 CFM or so?

I'm using a 400W HPS at about 2 foot away from the top of the plant.

Been using only water for the past week or so. I'm not sure if it's improving - the new leaves look like they are but I'm just not sure xD

Thank you for the words of support :) I guess I just don't want to come across as complacent. I want to be able to recognise a mistake I've made so I can prevent it happening again!

6-1.3-5 is the mix I was using. I only added it twice. I made it very dilute - only a couple of mL in a litre.
The grow bag itself is supposed to have enough nutrients without adding until the flowering stage or so, so maybe I'm adding too much?

The pH of the soil is just below 7, as is the water.

The temperatures vary between 80-89 degrees F.

Using a Black Orchid Radial-flo fan that has an extraction speed of up to ~100M^3 per hour. I'm not positive but I think thta that's 1.67 CFM or so?

I'm using a 400W HPS at about 2 foot away from the top of the plant.

Been using only water for the past week or so. I'm not sure if it's improving - the new leaves look like they are but I'm just not sure xD

Thank you for the words of support :) I guess I just don't want to come across as complacent. I want to be able to recognise a mistake I've made so I can prevent it happening again!
In my opinion.... Your light is to close. Even average florescent penetrate 3 feet deep. Fan should be inside tent. Temp is too high. Mid to high 70 degrees is good till last vase

3 weeks of flower I also like the towel method for humidity. I also believe you should let the soil feed the plant. No need for additional food. Ocean Forest dose it all. I personally don't grow, but I used to for many years out west
Next time use cloth bags . that will help with over watering and humidity

Hi Guys, I growing for five years , I have the same problem, I have put 5 times this year, and every time I have the same problem, I am desperate, everything is perfect, and I have done all the cases, the only thing I have not corrected is the humidity, I have less than 40% , which I will fix immediately, I just wanted to ask if low humidity , can create this problem , my light is ok, the food is ok, the fresh air is ok, I have tried everything for 6 months now, I really do not know what else to do,and I say again I am not noob, you can help by telling me cases that could be, thank you very much:):(

Hi guys. First post here so please go easy ;)

So I've got a plant in veg right now for around 4 weeks. The sex and strain is unknown - decided to just give it a go with a seed I'd found from a particularly nice smoke. I'm very aware that this is incredibly idiotic as I don't have any idea whether it's indica/sativa dominant or even what grow conditions it prefers. Again, it was a test - but I'm only realising now what a risk it was to take.
I had been over watering it, so I slowed down the growth for a fair few weeks. It seems to be thriving a bit better now.

So I've been getting what looks like nutrient burn at the tips of the leaves that slowly starts to move towards the base of them. I'm using a grow bag with preloaded fertiliser, however dumb dumb here decided to use liquid nutrients as well. If I gave the plants nutrient burn, how long would it take for that to revert?

Also, the humidity in the tent (it's like 5 foot tall and three deep) is resting around 20%. Will that severely affect the plants? I've set a fan pointing into the tent blowing over a bowl of water with a cloth wick to try and increase the humidity, but it's getting to a max of 29% relative humidity. Should I focus on increasing that?

I'm only realising now that I could have gotten an air cooled reflector to keep the temperature down, however it's a bit late. So my set up is the carbon filter at the top with the fan outside the tent pulling the air through the filter and out into the room. Is that an acceptable set up to have?

foto_no_exif_1_12.jpg
foto_no_exif0.jpg
Those plants look like they have a little nute burn going. I think you’re on the right track with cutting back nutes until they bounce back.
Hi everyone! did any of you solve this by raising humidity levels? i am in the same situation
16467007281512329327909685902840.jpg
16467027959186389381484086037568.jpg

16467007812461551513072582892700.jpg
i don’t think you have a humidity issue. While in veg they like 60%+ humidity, when in flower 20-50% is a happy place, optimum but not necessary. The droopy leaves and the “puffy” looking leaves point me towards too much water. Let them dry out more before you water again. The yellowing on the leaf edges also looks like they’re hungry, but if the roots are too wet they won’t get a good nutrient uptake. Let’s see what others say.

Back
Top Bottom