Humidity vs no humidity?

Hello all and good Saturday morning. As normal I am sitting here just doing some early morning research on thoughts and ideas that pass my head daily:nomo:, one of them being the NEED for humidity in a grow tent. So from what I keep hearing/reading is your plants need different stages of humidity to keep the plant "wet", ranging from %40-%70 dependant on sprout,veg, or flower. The main thing that I gather from humidity is it acts like a buffer between the water/nute intake for the plant. When a plant is given little to no humidity it will cause the plant to drink more water meaning it can and will make the plant also uptake it's nutrient level causing burn and other issues. So like stated above this is just my mind rattling itself..... So this was a thought, humidity helps allow the plant to drink more slowly... And no humidity causes the plant to drink much quicker, but can cause burn.... So in theory (again in my head) if you had no humidity at all and you watered your girl with less water more often (as she will be forced to drink and drink more of it) and used smaller amounts of nutes (to prevent burning from over intake) then could it be possible to even things out and compensate for no humidity if you had it dialed in (,amount of water and nutes) for each stage? I know alot of people here struggle with humidity levels...I know I did....but this is just a thought on it...I'm not going to experiment with this as I am not to familiar just yet. But this more to pick the brain of my freindly growers.:passitleft:

There are some strains that actually grow better with little to no humidity as well such as : Mazar, Master kush, Banana Blaze, Night queen, and Black berry Kush (all indica dominant)

Yup so numbers people are being told to use for humidity may be harmful to certain strains. But we'll see what everyone else has to say on the matter of humidity being a necessity and if you can grow with out with some tweaking to the water/nute amounts and frequency.

this is what i follow...

IMG_20180819_180559.jpg

Hello all and good Saturday morning. As normal I am sitting here just doing some early morning research on thoughts and ideas that pass my head daily:nomo:, one of them being the NEED for humidity in a grow tent. So from what I keep hearing/reading is your plants need different stages of humidity to keep the plant "wet", ranging from %40-%70 dependant on sprout,veg, or flower. The main thing that I gather from humidity is it acts like a buffer between the water/nute intake for the plant. When a plant is given little to no humidity it will cause the plant to drink more water meaning it can and will make the plant also uptake it's nutrient level causing burn and other issues. So like stated above this is just my mind rattling itself..... So this was a thought, humidity helps allow the plant to drink more slowly... And no humidity causes the plant to drink much quicker, but can cause burn.... So in theory (again in my head) if you had no humidity at all and you watered your girl with less water more often (as she will be forced to drink and drink more of it) and used smaller amounts of nutes (to prevent burning from over intake) then could it be possible to even things out and compensate for no humidity if you had it dialed in (,amount of water and nutes) for each stage? I know alot of people here struggle with humidity levels...I know I did....but this is just a thought on it...I'm not going to experiment with this as I am not to familiar just yet. But this more to pick the brain of my freindly growers.:passitleft:

Hello and happy sunday morning to u all!

Hav had a smoke n now been thinking bout ur question regarding u thinking bout humidity...*

i think of humidity like a wick that draws moisture out of the plant via the leaves
it doesnt control what the plant can drink like u put as such...
it controls what the leaf lets out which helps dictate what the plant can drink

if its too dry then the leaf drys out quicker than the plant can handle so plant suffer

if its too wet then the leaf takes in moisture which stops it from letting out moisture so plant suffer

when its jus right the leaf can let moisture out / in as n when required at a pace the plant wants so plant no suffer!

*what ive concluded is prob all complete bollocks...

I grow in a 4x4 in my heated shed. I’ve always had similar thoughts as my humidity levels stay between 20-45% my entire grow. I don’t have a humidifier in my tent and don’t really want to purchase one. I don’t think my harvest quantity or quality suffers because of this. Do my plants drink more when the humidity levels are really low? Probably, but not so much that I really notice. I grow in soil, 5-7 gallon pots with plenty of perlite and lots of nutes as needed, watered at 6.2 ph every time + nutes every second watering. Currently on my 5 or 6th grow, personal opinion/experience says to me if you can keep your humidity between 25-50% you’ll be fine : )

I grow in a 4x4 in my heated shed. I’ve always had similar thoughts as my humidity levels stay between 20-45% my entire grow. I don’t have a humidifier in my tent and don’t really want to purchase one. I don’t think my harvest quantity or quality suffers because of this. Do my plants drink more when the humidity levels are really low? Probably, but not so much that I really notice. I grow in soil, 5-7 gallon pots with plenty of perlite and lots of nutes as needed, watered at 6.2 ph every time + nutes every second watering. Currently on my 5 or 6th grow, personal opinion/experience says to me if you can keep your humidity between 25-50% you’ll be fine : )
We grow in the exact same conditions and my experience has been the same.

NTH

perfect trifecta of growing dank = great genetics, great light, great enviroment…. the more you dial in the enviro, the healthier your plants will become… generally speaking pests do not attack healthy plants - they find weak ones and exploit them

Relative humidity is the measure of moisture in the air. Nope humidity does not wick moisture out of the plant.

Transpiration is the release of water thru the fan leaves - it’s how the plant responds to changes in its environment.

Case in point…a few months back I cut some clones but even after 14 days there were zero root bumps developing on the stem……then major facepalm when realized I was trying to root clones in flower room where the dehumidifier was pulling the rh down to 30… so whether 14 days or 14 months heck those clones would prolly never root in the low humidity enviro

Low budget bush fix humidifier = large pan of water with fan moving air across the surface
Advanced low budget bush fix humidifier = add wet towels with the top spread out & fan blowing on towel surface while bottom sits in pan to continually wick up water.

the VPD chart is intended to keep environment in check for 3 phases of plant growth…. propogation, vegative growth or flower cycle.…. When rh is out of whack it can create an opportunity for plant pathogens to grow

Hey all cool thanks for the opinions and science behind humidity. I wanted to give a couple screen shots I took while I was looking into this so I don't seem tooooooo crazy lol but this is why I asked if you really dial in the watering and amount of food could you grow successfully with little to no humidity.?!

Screenshot_20220213-094858-021.png

Screenshot_20220212-081052-560.png

Screenshot_20220213-094323~2.png

Screenshot_20220213-094250.png

So in theory (again in my head) if you had no humidity at all and you watered your girl with less water more often (as she will be forced to drink and drink more of it) and used smaller amounts of nutes (to prevent burning from over intake) then could it be possible to even things out and compensate for no humidity if you had it dialed in (,amount of water and nutes) for each stage?
The challenge to less water more often is giving the root zone a chance to dry out, at least in soil. Coco is a different animal and shouldn't be allowed to dry out so that may be a better medium for that experiment.

"So in theory (again in my head) if you had no humidity at all and you watered your girl with less water more often (as she will be forced to drink and drink more of it) and used smaller amounts of nutes (to prevent burning from over intake) then could it be possible to even things out and compensate for no humidity if you had it dialed in (,amount of water and nutes) for each stage?"

Restrict water intake and cut back on nutrients—what could possibly go wrong?

Restrict water intake and cut back on nutrients—what could possibly go wrong?
Until tried yes it's "laughable"....but just like all the other "methods" here they have been scrutinized before trial and error... Think of coco if you grew in soil your whole life and someone said "yea it's not that hard you water with nutes Everytime, everyday and it will all run out", you would think wtf are they talking about and what a waste of product.... Just thinking outside of the box.

Back
Top Bottom