First Grow - Help - Yellowing leaves - Droopy

Bissynut

I have two plants; a Jilly Bean and a Blue Rhino, they are in the flowering stage.

The first thing that happened is that my mom was supposed to water/feed the plants for me. I wrote it all down, went over it but... she mixed all the nutrients together and gave it to them 3 days in a row. They had a little nutrient burn (I compared the leaves with the pics of leaves in the books I have) and they did recover and look better.

Fast Forward a couple weeks... they started looking droopy and having yellow leaves.. What is the issue? I looked at the pictures of leaves in the books and online, but I can't tell which is which. I did remove most of the yellow leaves on the one and now it looks like Charlie Brown's MJ plant. Very sad indeed.

Are they too hot? Over/under watered or missing some nutrient... so many of the pictures of yellowing leaves look similar to me. I hope someone will recognize this and tell me what I should try next.

Joey over at Perfect Gardens graciously helped me get all the equipment I needed - now I just need skill. :D
I even bought plants that were already started (and about 18-20 inches tall) in soil
Pots are 3 gallon
They are in a 4x4 Grow Tent
600W Light
General Organics Nutrients
Temps seem to be around 77/78 degrees
Lights are on a timer 12/12
General Organics Nutrients

DSC_04074.JPG
DSC_04093.JPG

This picture of the leaves was taken February 26 not long after my mom tried to kill them with nutrients.
WP_20130226_003.jpg

Thank you for the help I appreciate it. If anyone knows of Grow classes in Washington I'd love to hear about it.

it appears to be under nuting AND over/under watering. I can not say if its over or under watering because they look so similar, but you know which it is.

How often do you water? Do you wait until the first few inches of soil are super dry?

I also do not recommend putting 3 gallons of water through each pot as one of your problems is not enough nutes and the other is possibly over watering.

Just let us know your watering scedule and also what type of medium the plant is in.

Well some of the info provided by OP may suggest daily watering/feeding... This may lead to over watering & enducing root rot fungal problems !

But intill info provided has more clarity... the above is just a gut feeling at present.

Its not uncommon to get defeciencys occur in flowering tho which by the looks of things you are presently around early to mid flowering for your strain.

P - phosphorus def can be pretty common around this stage of flowering tho... which may be slightly related to under feeding with some growers preferring to use P/K supplement to help nobble these defs whilst in flowering, alternatively a simple increase in nutrients may prove benifical.

I see ya also using organic nutrients... normally takes a little longer to sort out defs tho as they may require soil microganism to make nutrients effective for the plant to use.

I had been watering a little every day, Doing a feed/feed/flush schedule. I was trying to be so careful to nut under water. I will say I also started out with tap water and changed to filtered after I read that the plants are not fond of plain tap water.

Do you water really well every other day or so when the soil is dry? I would guess I had under watered. If I have two plants in soil (three gallon pots) how much water would you put in at a time?

What would I use specifically to correct a phosphorus issue? I hope I can save them from complete devastation.

I had been using the four suggested General Organics formulas for the flowering stage, I use 2 one day and 2 the next then water only. I'll use all 4 each time now.

Thank you Thank you!

Mmm...

Tap water can be just fine to be perfectly honest & that chlorine does evapourate over 24 hours if left to stand still to which i believe lower concentrates of chlorine disovle with contact with organic matter in soil/compost over a short period of time !

Most plants can tolerate lower concentrations of chlorine after all we plug in the old hose pipe once in while to water the garden do you see your garden suffer ?

It really boils down to high concentrations of chloride which are deprimental to plant growth such as swimming pool water... if ya water tastes like that i'd leave it standing still in bucket for 24 hours before use !

I'm also aware that the longer the delievery line of water supple the more chlorine they put in the supple so that it remains suitable for human health... as chlorine disolves over time/distance traveled... this maybe a slight problem in some areas of america depending on supple source !

A H202 supplement can also drive out chlorine & other substances from water source & as far as i'm aware can be used with soil/compost & hydro grows.

Now watering/feeding can be related to multiple things...

When the plants are small they require less watering due to size, when they are much larger may require more regular watering aka the larger the plant the more they transpire/ use water...

Whilst in veg ya more likely get away with feeding once a week along with watering once a week whilst in early stage & may require 2 or 3 waterings/feed in later stages of veg due to plant size.

This may totally depend on ambient heat/temp & humidity in your grow room !

In flowering i normally feed twice & water once e.g feed sunday & wensday water friday rince & repeat.

But thats for my own plants governed by temps, pot size to moisture rention & plant size this may well be total different from your own grow...

Utlimately you have to learn your own plants growth habits & watering habits along with feeding regime to master you own grow... its impossible for to say other wise because every bodys grow is different.

If suffering with def increase nutrient feed observe and change if required... problems occurs you may require a nutrient supplement to assist... after all nutrient guides/feeding by companys is often a guide line does not apply to all plants depending species/strain !

Back
Top Bottom