First Grow: Sour Jack & Cheese Auto, Indoor Veg To Outdoor Flower

Hey ya'll! Just wanted to see if this is normal.. this one auto looks like its growing weird sprouts, you can see in the pics I post. I also got a 60x loupe but it's so small i have a hard time focusing on the tricomes but from what i can see them still look pretty clear. I snipped a bud and trimmed it up to see how it looks, I'll also post a pic of that too. I haven't been feeding the autos anymore just water becasue I think they will be done soon and I can do a good flush. Heres some pics.
20190707_151014.jpg
20190707_151000.jpg
20190707_150945.jpg
20190707_150920.jpg
20190706_155925.jpg
20190706_155914.jpg

Well I think I'm going to harvest the autos today. It might be a bit early but all the trichs are milky and I dont see alot of amber but all next week is calling for heavy rain and ide rather harvest now than have to deal with mold issues. I'll post some pics and if someone could please please tell me if they can by just looking at these if I'm way to early and should let them just stay out in the rain or just go ahead and chop them, like i said I dont see much if any clear tricomes left they are all milky white and on 2 of the plants I do see a couple amber ones. The one keeps growing foxtails and new white hairs so on that one I'm not sure what's going on. I'll post some pics below. Thanks in advance for any help!:)

Foxtail first pic, was thinking of leaving this one only?
20190714_154216.jpg
20190714_154200.jpg
20190714_154144.jpg
20190714_154127.jpg
20190714_154114.jpg
20190714_154059.jpg

these plants don't seem ready and I would wait, especially if you are still seeing clear trichs. Rain is not a given mold problem... plants have grown outside for ages. If it makes you feel better, go out and shake them off now and then... but I would rather get much bigger and better buds by waiting just a bit longer.
Okay great thanks! The smaller buds could be because I was new with autos and transplanted them like 3 times before they ended up in the final 5gal pales. I just figured because the leaves are dying that they were done, I also flushed them 4 days ago.

contrary to all the horrible advice out there not to up pot autos, I see nothing wrong with the practice, and it probably helped you get where you are now. Uppotting does not stagnate a plant, it supercharges it. Be patient and let the plants finish out... it will be well worth the wait. Also, check your assumptions... I don't see any leaves dying... I see end of season purples starting to come into those leaves... this is going to be a pretty plant when it is done. Do yourself a favor and look up a picture of what this strain is supposed to look like when it is done. Wait for your plants to look like that... So many auto growers think that when they say a 9 week plant, they mean 9 weeks total. Every auto has to veg for around 4-5 weeks before it becomes mature enough to start to bloom. The 9 weeks starts then, when flowering starts.

Wow thank you so much for your help and advice! I will deffinetly let these plants go longer now. Not sure why the one is turning purple the other 2 are not and the one is growing fox tails i guess that's what you call it haha. The yellow leaves could be because i stopped the nutes a while ago thinking I was going to harvest soon.

Wow thank you so much for your help and advice! I will deffinetly let these plants go longer now. Not sure why the one is turning purple the other 2 are not and the one is growing fox tails i guess that's what you call it haha. The yellow leaves could be because i stopped the nutes a while ago thinking I was going to harvest soon.
wait till you really see a foxtail and you will know the difference in those wispy things compared to what is going on in your buds. Have you heard that in the last couple of weeks your buds can double in size? What you see in front of you is how that process occurs, it is not really foxtailing in the classic sense.
Not all plants will turn purple, and some will only do it if the conditions are just right. And yes, stopping nutes is not a flush, it is simply starving your plants. If you want to flush out the accumulated salts, which is a very good idea near the end so that the buds can do their maximum swelling at the end, move 3x the container size through there... but then continue to feed your hungry plants right up till the end.

what would be the point of another flush? Are you possibly calling watering with just water, flushing? Feed/water/feed/water, is the traditional way of working a container of soil. If you really did an actual flush of 3x the container size (what would that be, 30 gallons?) then your soil is clean and there is no reason not to keep the regular feed/water cycle all the way to the end. If you never did do a proper flush, but are thinking that your plants themselves needed to be cleansed of all nutrients, your soil is still locked up with salts and debris from all the nutes you have given. All your nutrition problems at this point could simply be salt lockout, from never properly flushing.
So if you have not ever properly flushed, this is the time to do it. Get out the garden hose and go to it... 3x the container size... don't worry about pH. Then, feed/water/feed/water all the way to the end. If you have some Terpinator, add that in there too!

we now know that the harsh taste does not come from the lack of a flush, it comes from improper curing. You however are not flushing the soil, you are attempting the flush out the plant... and instead of the word flush let's just call it what it is, starvation. The word flush has to do with the soil, washing out the salt and debris accumulated in there that is causing a problem with uptake.
Since you didn't really flush with this last watering and you just gave water to maybe a bit of runoff depending on how fast you dumped it in there, you still have a lot of salt buildup in that soil that is restricting uptake. You can give nutes if you want to the next time, but it will still be received with salt restricted uptake. By not flushing, you are not fixing your deficiency problem but are just keeping the status quo.
Do a proper flush... wash that soil out really good, now while you are on the water side of the water/feed/water/feed cycle. Add some more water through there, today, 3x the container size. Get those salts out of there. Work hard at this. Then when they dry out again, hit them hard with the nutes. I can almost bet that you will see a surge as uptake with those nutes hits a scale not seen before in that plant.

Well it's been a while but I ended up harvesting 2 of the autos, i started having molding issues so i figured best harvest before it gets worse. The last auto is still going strong with no issues and just gave her good feed today. It's like a totally different plant all together, smells stronger, looks different and is holding up better than the other 2. I'll post some pics of the 2 I harvested and the one still going. For a relatively cheap grow I think they turned out pretty nice for my first time and I'll also post some pics of the sour Jack's, they are giant!
1 of the 2 boxes like this
20190731_164320.jpg

First auto I harvested
20190731_164303.jpg

Second one, some shades of purple.
20190731_164244.jpg

The rest of the pics are the auto still going and the sour Jack's, I have 3 and you can really tell the size with auto infront of them.
20190731_164320.jpg
20190731_164303.jpg
20190731_164244.jpg
20190731_164623.jpg
20190731_164531.jpg
20190731_164509.jpg
20190731_164434.jpg
20190731_164413.jpg

Back
Top Bottom