First Grow: Sour Jack & Cheese Auto, Indoor Veg To Outdoor Flower

If possible see if they have HP instead of BX it has properties more appropriate to cannabis. I find it at the local Rona. You should be able to source it easy. BX is similar but HP has better drainage. Cannabis likes wet dry cycles. Also once you are in that you are not going to have to worry about ph too much. Read this: Do we need to pH adjust our nutrient solutions?
Yes they do have both, i was just going to use the bx for the mycorrhizae and add perlite myself but maybe i should just stick with the bh

HP has the mycro too.
Im still not sure i want to transplant them and cause so much stress for like some people said just a small problem. I feel like most of them look okay except for a couple which seems seems weird, i might just try a flush with ph balanced water for now to see if they clear up at all before i go out and start something for nothing, especially stressing the autos more than i need too

Follow penny/reaves advice!! And for your autos you’ll want them in their final pots ASAP. I do not have a tonne of experience with autos, but every journal I have seen either starts them in their final pot or transplants once they’ve broken the surface.

Cannabis(like most plants) is very good at adapting, so just give the roots a gentle shake to get as much of the miracle grow off and stick em in their new home. They’ll thank you for it!

So today was a busy day! Modified by grow box by adding one flipped on top and put the exhaust fan in it then flipped the one around at the bottom bringing air in, also cut the top of the one on top so its like a peek door lol.

I also got my nutes and ph reader so i started transplanting into pro mix bh but after i got 3 done i realized just how much root growth there actually was so i found a few bigger pots kickin around and transplanted the rest and after i transplanted them i gave them a light feeding with the nutes. The only ones i didnt touch were the auto cheese because they look great and i didnt want to cause them stress for nothing so i just gave them a good drink of ph balanced water with no nutes yet.

The transplanting was scaring but i went really easy on them and got alot of the old MG seed starter mix off the roots. Hopefully they do okay but ill post some pics of the new setup and the plants how they look now.
20190423_201247.jpg
20190423_201230.jpg
below pic are the 2 worst looking ones
20190423_195920.jpg
20190423_201213.jpg
20190423_195859.jpg
20190423_201140.jpg
below pic is the 3 auto cheese
20190423_195824.jpg
20190423_195759.jpg

They look good man. Good job on the hustle. That new mix is going to be easier to deal with for sure.
Ya im thinking so, i got the hp pro mix.. been trying to read up on it and it seems like its soilless... so its up to me on how to feed it, does that seem right or am i way off haha

You are right it is soiless but it has stuff in it to balance the ph. I don’t even ph check anymore but I do know where my water sits after I ad nutes. In the 6.8 range. The medium will bring the ph down to 5.8 for you. I think I posted you this link already but read this. It’s about pro mix hp. Do we need to pH adjust our nutrient solutions?

And yes now you need to feed nutes or the plant won’t hve any. Follow Pennywise advice or track down a feeding chart on this site for you specific nutes.

You are right it is soiless but it has stuff in it to balance the ph. I don’t even ph check anymore but I do know where my water sits after I ad nutes. In the 6.8 range. The medium will bring the ph down to 5.8 for you. I think I posted you this link already but read this. It’s about pro mix hp. Do we need to pH adjust our nutrient solutions?

And yes now you need to feed nutes or the plant won’t hve any. Follow Pennywise advice or track down a feeding chart on this site for you specific nutes.
So i checked out that link you posted, has great info thanks! Im still uncertain if i should feed them nutrients every water or every second watering and i was watching videos on soilless grows and they said something about watering everyday or even twice day!? But anyways they seem good today and can tell they are growing, also doesnt look like they suffered any transplant shock at all but what do i know lol.

Treat it like soil. Wet dry cycles. I feed every time to 20% run off but my original schedule was feed,water,water. I divided the dosage by three and feed every time now to 20% runoff. I forgot what nutes you are using but if it’s gh there are feed schedules in the new growing section of the forms. You can just follow one of those. They are broken down by weeks.

So today is day 18 since they broke thew the soil and almost 3 days since i transplanted them and wow they are taking off now! I see new growth sprouts on all the leaf branches and my new grow box setup is staying way cooler around 23-24 and even the humidity went from 35 up to around 50. It will still be a day or 2 until they need water but ill post some pics of how they are doing so far. Im thinking i might need to add another 2 bulb splitters in about a week which will let me add another 2 cfls. Im really hoping its enough light for another 3-4 weeks, its warming up nice here and my neighbor is already planting shit in her garden lol.

First 2 pics are the runts i guess, growing slow but looking better!
20190425_154945.jpg
20190425_154904.jpg
next 2 photos are the auto cheese i didnt touch just gave them a good drink of ph balanced water.
20190425_154849.jpg
20190425_154815.jpg
20190425_154753.jpg
another auto cheese below
20190425_154736.jpg
20190425_154726.jpg
20190425_141551.jpg

Possible iron deficiency or it could be just a really fast growing plant. If the leaves turn green as they grow out it could just be a fast metabolism

So i woke up today everything seems fine they are still growing fast, i just noticed the lower first set of leaves starting to get yellow from the tip and working its way in taking over the leaf, could this be a deficiency from the new growth taking up all the nutes? I think tomorrow i will have to water them again so maybe ill do another light nutrient mixture. I thought what i gave them would be lots but i guess with the new soil having no added fert they could be starving. Im also going to transplant the 3 auto cheese into bigger pots tomorrow because i can see roots starting to come out the bottom holes, i didnt want to transplant them until they went outside but since its not time yet i have to put them into something bigger that still fits in my box. Ive heard alot about stress with autos and it kinda worrys me that i will have to transplant again into bigger pots when they go outside.

Heres a pic of the leaf turning yellow, i just did one plant but a see a couple others starting this same thing
20190426_195138.jpg

Back
Top Bottom