First Grow: Sour Jack & Cheese Auto, Indoor Veg To Outdoor Flower

Not sure when to transplant autos but roots coming out the bottom does not mean they are out of room. They grow down first so you often see them out the bottom well before they actually need to be transplanted. Not sure why that leaf is yellowing but the plant looks good other than that one tip. Even your cotyledons look good. Seems like a happy plant.

So i know ive been asking alot of questions lately and I apologize for that but i been doing some research and watching videos and ive seen a few people that use the pro mix with mycor and the GH 3 part nutrients are also adding cal-mag and molasses, is this a must for your plant to thrive or will the GH nutrients be enough?

I would have a bottle of gh cal mag on hand. These plants love that stuff. I use molasses too not sure if it’s requeied though. I’d say the cal mag is a must.
Thanks so much for your help so far man! Its a learning process for me but at the same time im trying to grow some decent bud haha. I found molasses at walmart but im unsure if its unsulphured or the kind i need, im going to pick up a bottle of calimagic tomorrow from my local grow shop but ill post a pic of the molasses i can get from walmart, if you could let me know of this will work that would be great if not ill have to check a bulk barn or something haha.
30136067_GV.jpg

@Emilya should be able to tell you. The molasses I use is part of the nutrient line I’m using. The product is called sugar daddy.
Unsulphured molasses is the most highly refined form of molasses. Because it is more refined it only contains sulphur and not sulphur dioxide. This is important because in that form it will feed your cannabis without killing the beneficial microbes in the soil. For the garden, make sure you get unsulphured, organic molasses.

So back again today after transplanting and feeding the 3 autos and feeding the sour jack fems. All plants are now in 2 litre pots except for 2 smaller plants, 1 is deformed and 1 is growing really slow.

In a previous post i said it was day 18 but I was wrong because i have pictures of the first day they popped and that was the 11th so today would be day 18.

Ill make a quick note of the nutes i added today, all mixed with 1gal of distilled water, im hoping it wasnt to much for them, i guess ill find out tho! So my mixture for the 3 autos when i transplanted them was..
-1tsp grandmas unsulphured molasses
-1.5ml remo magnifical
-1tsp flora grow
-1tsp flora micro
-1tsp flora bloom

For the sour jack plants already transplanted and fed last week i fed them again because they were showing signs or deficiencies but a lower dose..
-3/4tsp grandmas unsulphured molasses
-1.5ml remo magnifical
-3/4tsp flora grow
-3/4tsp flora micro
-3/4tsp flora bloom

I found it strange that when i checked the ph of these mixtures it was at 5.3. I didnt have any PH up so i took a chance and went for it hoping the pro mix hp will help me out, i took a runoff PH test of one plant and it was 5.6. Does this sound like a bad thing? Should i be worried that i watered them with such a low PH?

Ill post some pictures of a few of them and how they look after the feeding today which is actually day 18 this time haha. Thanks for following!

Auto cheese bellow getting bushy!
20190429_182556.jpg

Different auto cheese bellow
20190429_182542.jpg

This sour jack bellow looks deformed, still in a smaller pot
20190429_182511.jpg

Sour jack below growing quick in a 2litre butter container!
20190429_182443.jpg

Top view of the bushy auto cheese thats now in a 2 litre pot
20190429_182429.jpg

Sour jack doing nice in a 2 litre pot
20190429_182328.jpg

So does anyone know about the low ph? Is this to low? And also i think i gave them to much water because they are drooping pretty bad, i had good drainage but still seem overwatered. Also i was looking at the phlizon 600w led grow light on Amazon.. i was wondering if this would be better than the shit load of cfls i have. It will be another month before they can go outside and km starting to think the cfls wont cut it much longer, but is it okay to just switch from cfls to led without the plants reacting to it?

You can’t give it too much water. Overwatering is watering to often. Let it dry out. After a water they will look droopy for a bit. Check back later. Now if you did t let them dry out between watering a they could look droopy for a while. Make sure to let them get quite dry before watering again.
Oh ya man today they look amazing again, no droop, leaves all perky nice colour green so i guess the ph of 5.3 doesnt matter in pro mix soil because they look great today

If you must ph your water aim for 5.8. But since I have been using pro mix hp I just let my water sit out over night to vent off chlorine then I add nutes. I checked my ph after this it’s around 6.8 and I just feed. The pro mix will take care of it for you. I used another soiless medium at first and it was very picky about ph. Most of my friends here that use pro mix hp don’t even have a ph pen.

If you must ph your water aim for 5.8. But since I have been using pro mix hp I just let my water sit out over night to vent off chlorine then I add nutes. I checked my ph after this it’s around 6.8 and I just feed. The pro mix will take care of it for you. I used another soiless medium at first and it was very picky about ph. Most of my friends here that use pro mix hp don’t even have a ph pen.
[/QUOTE
See im using distilled so not sure why ph came out so low.. maybe i should just fill the gallon jugs with tap water and let it sit out for a day or 2 before i use it..

Distilled water is 7.0. Your meter needs to be calibrated.
See i think its messed too, i calibrated it with the 6.8 solution then checked it again it said 6.8 but it seemed off when i checked my tap water and it was 7.1 when normally i think its like almost 8.

I wouldn’t worry about it to much with that pro mix hp. Add your nutes to the distilled water and that will be good. Lots of nutes are designed to be added to 7.0 water then balance to around the correct ph. If you are using your tap water and you let it sit out it might be quite high a ph so I would see if you can get that thing calibrated properly so you can double check your tap water. I’m not sure how far off you can be with pro mix but the guy right from pro mix said it could be 7.4ph. I have only tried with ph’s around 7 and can confirm that works well.

So 1 more thing im wondering is would i benefit from getting the phlizon 600w led and scrap the 10 cfls im using? I have 20 plants so technically i only have 1 CFL per plant and i still have another month of growing inside, my setup will fit the phlizon 600w perfect but my max height i can hang it is 18inches above the plants. Can anyone tell me if i should get this or just keep the power killing cfls with all the unsafe socket fittings lol.

Back again today on day 19, i added 2 more cfl bulbs so now i have 12 26w cfls, 6 are 5000k and 6 are 6500k. Was going to get the led lamp but the plants seem to be loving the cfls.

The girls are doing amazing after the feeding yesturday and i must say this pro mix hp is very easy to work with!

I went ahead a topped 2 of the sour jacks just to see how it goes but i dont think i will do any more, heres how they look just topped day 19.

Sour jack #1
20190430_212425.jpg
sour jack #2
20190430_212910.jpg

Back
Top Bottom