First Grow - Unknown Genetics - Advice Welcome

Re: First grow, unknown genetics, help is appreciated✌️

Hi ric, welcome to :420:!

note on plant that died. Looks to me like over watering. I know you read as much as you can and are careful not to overwater, but watering is one of those things that I was sure I had down and had to relearn at least 3 times before I got it. Cannabis needs to dry out all the way to bottom of pot, until just before leaves start to wilt. I read that and thought "No Way! Not with my baby!" Finally got the courage to push the limits and guess what, Baby loved it! Perfect timing is when leaves are still firm but petiole is drooping so leaves hang lower. Emilya has thread on How to Water that explains it better. I'll try to find it again.

On lighting, goal I see often is 50w psf. For CFLs that would refer to actual wattage used. For LEDs you're using I would use the CFL equivalent wattage.

You may want to move this thread to Journals in Progress so more members can follow. A moderator can move this one for you, or you can start a new one in Grow Journals.

Happy growing!

Hi ric, welcome to :420:!

note on plant that died. Looks to me like over watering. I know you read as much as you can and are careful not to overwater, but watering is one of those things that I was sure I had down and had to relearn at least 3 times before I got it. Cannabis needs to dry out all the way to bottom of pot, until just before leaves start to wilt. I read that and thought "No Way! Not with my baby!" Finally got the courage to push the limits and guess what, Baby loved it! Perfect timing is when leaves are still firm but petiole is drooping so leaves hang lower. Emilya has thread on How to Water that explains it better. I'll try to find it again.

On lighting, goal I see often is 50w psf. For CFLs that would refer to actual wattage used. For LEDs you're using I would use the CFL equivalent wattage.

You may want to move this thread to Journals in Progress so more members can follow. A moderator can move this one for you, or you can start a new one in Grow Journals.

Happy growing!

Hello and thanks for the welcome. also thanks for the tip and for clearing up about watering times I've been confused whether to wait for it to dry 3" or completely, and thanks id appreciate that., as for lighting i plan on adding 1 more daylight led at 60w and 2 more soft white led at 60-80w, thanks again for the input

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

4 of those and 65 w grow light n 65 w green light

gwayne

Thats a good amount of bulbs it'd be great to spread the light around and do some some lst to give full penetration of light to your plant

Thats a good amount of bulbs it'd be great to spread the light around and do some some lst to give full penetration of light to your plant

420-magazine-mobile400507405.jpg
will add a 250 hps. For FLOWER

gwayne

420-magazine-mobile400507405.jpg
will add a 250 hps. For FLOWER

gwayne

How tall is the plant ? And if some stems are still bend able it wouldn't hurt to look into light stress training to keep height under control after the main stem has healed

For seedlings i like to use a mister with a atomizer nozzle at lights out to raise humidity and get them water while the roots develop. Only end up watering the soil a little directly around the seedling about once a week for the first two weeks then water normally when the top 3 inches are dry after that.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I added the bags to add moisture while germinating but I've removed the bags now and added airflow to my plants and total wattage is 180w at 6 in. above plants
420-magazine-mobile214858344.jpg

These stalks are way, way, way too long. This tells me they are stretching for light so bring your light closer. Much closer! Also, the dying seedlings looked like they were burning up from way too much nutrient or imbalanced ph.

For seedlings i like to use a mister with a atomizer nozzle at lights out to raise humidity and get them water while the roots develop. Only end up watering the soil a little directly around the seedling about once a week for the first two weeks then water normally when the top 3 inches are dry after that.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cool i will look into that specific mist nozzle and do you spray directly at seedlings from a distance or from above?

https://------------------.com/low-stress-training-lst/ this will go into detail on everything about low stress training, also would be a good idea to get a couple clones as soon as the stem heals

I bet that was gro wweed easy (edit to add. See, they even word filtered the name)

I dunno why, but this site says they encourage outside links, but word filter this one. IMHO it is a great site that will not discourage members from here from posting here and has info in a far more easily read set up than trawling through this site.

These stalks are way, way, way too long. This tells me they are stretching for light so bring your light closer. Much closer! Also, the dying seedlings looked like they were burning up from way too much nutrient or imbalanced ph.

Yea they stretched overnight i plan to transplant them into something bigger soon, how far would you recommend 3 60w led lights to be away from seedlings?And for the other seedlings i did expose the second to some nitrogen soil which i think shook it

Yea they stretched overnight i plan to transplant them into something bigger soon, how far would you recommend 3 60w led lights to be away from seedlings?And for the other seedlings i did expose the second to some nitrogen soil which i think shook it

I really can't tell you the recommended distance, but if they are plant specific LEDs, your manufacturer will have details. I suspect they are not and you are just pissing in the wind and guessing.

Also, when you transplant them, bury the stems so only about half an inch is above soil level.

Did I mention upgrading your lights?

I bet that was gro wweed easy (edit to add. See, they even word filtered the name)

I dunno why, but this site says they encourage outside links, but word filter this one. IMHO it is a great site that will not discourage members from here from posting here and has info in a far more easily read set up than trawling through this site.

Yea lol , it really is a good site with lots of information, i use it often and i still find this site great.

Feeding cannabis seedlings with nutrients is like trying to feed new born babies with a gourmet 5 * meal. Don't do it unless you are a sadist.

I really can't tell you the recommended distance, but if they are plant specific LEDs, your manufacturer will have details. I suspect they are not and you are just pissing in the wind and guessing.

Also, when you transplant them, bury the stems so only about half an inch is above soil level.

Did I mention upgrading your lights?

Lol nah they aren't but im treating them as cfls and yes i just hope they dont keep stretching or get light burn, and yea i plan on investing in a 1500w full spectrum led panel and on a grow tent

Back
Top Bottom