Grow Journal Of Unknown Genetics - Advice Welcome

yeah thanks tony i put the critical into the nft and moved the broken clone into dwc bucket with a dripper and grew an inch of roots over night soo im hoping on another week and it will recover enuff to flower with the rest so i caqn flower 8 the same age instead of putting a small seed in its place that will be a waste of time in yield

today just did a quick we up grade on dwc buckets with drippers had some old rubbish bins that wernt needed so made them up i think there a lil to big but in the end couple of mothers in there own space with a 400w hps i think they would be fine these are big enough to be pound plants hahaha we all dream i dont think id have the patience to grow that big but any way guys let me know what ya think will do a big update tomorrow covering all the goods and bads so far up to date and pics couldnt really be bothered doing the res change today will tommorrow. QUESTION - i am going to give the cuttings that i ruined there root system 2 more weeks and im flowering whatever is alive should i give them just straight clean water for a week or 2 before flowering them ?
1024x768_bestfit3.jpg

The garbage can DWC is clever but it takes a few valuable feet from the height. What's your plan?
Kinda wondered myself....no Home Depot close? 5 gallon buckets are VERY INEXPENSIVE...The black ones at the hydro store cost a little more if opacity is an issue, but you can wrap the bucket, paint it, whatever to block the light...just my 4cents worth (inflation):cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

guys please help ae i live in the southern hemisphere i have been to every fucking kind of home depo we have no black pail/buckets with lids the only ones i can find are white and see through at 50 dollars a hit its really starting to get to me i have no idea how much of a mission it would be to ship from the states my rubbish bins are gone back to the buckets they just used way to much room i dont want to waste a few hundred dollars on white buckets when there not evan what i want anyone had any experience with buying black buckets online?

thanks bro just dont know if they will ship to aussy i think i might just have to bite the bullet and get some from a hydro store the big thing is my new tent will be 2400 by 1400 by 2000mm and want to fit 16 in so its going to be like 500 dollars just for buckets and lids let alone net pots air stones a decent air pump and water pump plus all the plumbing i think im going to be looking around the thousand mark because im border line obsessive compulsive disorder things have to be done right or chucked away and start again theres nothing better than a easy clean growroom where everyhting runs in sinc

thanks bro id be keen to have a look and put it in the back of my mind for if its needed in thoery i do already have a picture in my mind of what i want its just making the picture real and not some abstract attempt of that picture is the main thing because im the type of person evan if i do spend a thousand dollars and fuck it up ill have to spend another thousand to get it done properly thats why i am taking the dream system as a very no return project as i cant afford for it to be wrong ill post my drawing of what i have in mind and hopfully yas all can give me some tips to improve and maybe save some money !

ps guys all my cutting have come back to life apart from the one that lost 95% of its root mass although in 3 days is has growing a few inches of a new root system but im not confident it will recover so my critical feminized seed will once again take its place will update grow to daTE LATER TODAY

Day - 26 = Major problems
no.1 - air pumps havent been on for 2 days and the past couple of days i have noticed although i have 4 going really well 3 going slow and 1 without a root system they have all always looked healthy and sturdy but now they all look droopy and sad the 1 clone that i accidently ruined the root system now seems to be slowly dieing it is growing new roots but not fast enuff to sustain life i really dont know if i give it more time to heal or not as if i do the rest have to stay in veg aswell i still havnt the money to finish my bloom area so worst comes to worst will be starting from the start next time but at least if thats the case i can get everything runing in sinc by the time this grow is done hopfully!
no.2 - i have 4 growing really healthy and fast i dont know what to do iv put them as far away from the light as possible to try let the others get some hieght and catch up but no matter what i do the big 4 flurish and the small 4 are almost stunted in there growth i dont know how to fix this ?
no.3 - I have just used the last of my veg nutrients as i was planing to be in flower by now and its a 2 hour drive to get to my closest hydro store, i dont want to drive all that way for so little will i get away with using clean air filled water for a couple of weeks before flower just to give all the smaller clones a last chance to catch up or isit worth going away for the day to get more nutrients against my will didnt want to go there untill i have time and money to do my flower room slowly but surely.

ph is sitting at 6.6 in the nutrient film system as well as bubble buckets and isnt really moving much after res changes till the next is this because they are just not eating the nutrients?

Airflow - i have more airflow leaving than going in starting to be a problem keeping temps down temps are 75 - 84 max i cant get centrifugal fans until i can afford to do flower room again xmas is taking everything from me it does every year hahaha is there any better way to try keep res temp and room temp down i have a fan outside the room just moveing air around the surrounding room more.

space light and mother problems - so basically if i have to flower these inside this 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent i am going to have to move the Anesthesia Feminised that has just sprouted in my dwc bucket to another area as i want this strain to be a mother i dont mind flowering my critical feminized in the other dwc bucket its 2 weeks from sprouting now that doesnt bother me evan if it is a very small yield is there any type of light that will be cost efficent for a short time that i can put the anesthesia on its own in a small box that will keep it healthy in veg ?

Time for some pics from today day 26 -

The 4 clones that are just really healthy as far as i know !
1024x768_bestfit_2_4.jpg
1024x768_bestfit_3_5.jpg

The 3 in the front are just stunted in there growth i dont know why ! and the 1 at the back that has no root system.
1024x768_bestfit_4_4.jpg
This one was a wierd clone it had a hard life and was topped before it evan had roots and not its growing in a collective of growths rather than one main and branches off of that is there any way to stop it growing so SLOW !
1024x768_bestfit_5_5.jpg
The plant with no roots im sorry
1024x768_bestfit_6_4.jpg
1024x768_bestfit_7_2.jpg
Anesthesia Feminised dwc bucket
1024x768_bestfit_8_1.jpg
Critical feminized dwc bucket
1024x768_bestfit_10_1.jpg
1024x768_bestfit_9_2.jpg
1024x768_bestfit_11_2.jpg
group shot of the area!
1024x768_bestfit4.jpg
1024x768_bestfit_12_1.jpg

Hey Rickie
Dont take this the wrong way but your setup looks amazing. I like to think you are just being overly concerned for your babies and this is very understandable! The ONLY thing i could suggest in any of your setups would be to drop your ph to about 5.5 then let it drift to 6.0 or 6.1 and readjust again. The slight wandering is good for plants to uptake all nutrients they need. Getting the nice even growth between plants can only be accomplished with clones. I try to make sure mine are all 3 nodes long and when rooted and planted are at the same depth etc. Might be a bit anal but it I like doin it! I find i get a very even canopy and growth when i do this.
Hope this helps and any other questions dont hesitate to pm me or drop into my journal! :peace:

Just read your update you posted while i was writing.
If it were me anything you want to be a mother move to a seperate area now and grab a cfl and a desk lamp to keep it under and alive. Get on ebay and order from some of the great hydro sellers we have in AUS and get a T5 light in 6400k and some veg nutes. Ask em for express shhipping and hopefully u get em before xmas. Screw 2 hr drive when they can drop at your door with discreet shipping! Then just flower everything else mate! Learn from it and start fresh next round. You could just keep bunin power and nutes and time and still be no better off. Hope this helps! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom