First Grow, White Rhino, Soil, CFL 23200 Lumens, Small Stealth

good news and bad news... the good news is I harvested two plants yesterday and wet weight was insane... the bad news is I found some white fuzz in a few spots in the cola of the large plant #6 (the double headed one) and I had to cut out the bad parts. Plant #2 was mostly fine but for one tiny spot had white fuzz on it. So plant #2 was 99.9% ok. I separated these plantes immediately and harvested them. It took forever to harvest two plants because I had to meticulously check every single bud for the white fuzz. I have some pics and I'm not sure if it was bud rot or powdery mildew but it seems I caught it early. I separated the bud and I'm drying it elsewhere.

I won't have time to harvest the other two plants until sunday. Hopefully I can post some pics by then.

In the meantime, I turned off the lights for plant #3 and plant #4 for 48hrs of darkness.

Hey Vapoorize, your girls look amazing! Fat buds under cheap CFLs. Great work! You prove you don't need a lot of dough to have a sweet grow. Sorry to hear about your mold/bud rot, aka botrytis. I know how you feel. I had to cut some of that out, too, in a previous grow. I was running my lights during the day. The temps outside were dropping a lot at night at the time. I figured out that the temps in the grow room were dropping so far and fast at night, that it was causing the humidity to shoot up and condensate. This is what caused my bud rot. I noticed your RH ranges from 25%-60%. Make sure your temps aren't dropping too fast. If so, run your lights at night and have good air circulation to solve the problem.:goodluck:
Sucks you have to wait. Save that scissor hash! It will be great when you can enjoy it!
:goodjob::surf:

Those girls are looking nice brother. I actually used your journal a few minutes ago to help me with my argument. I am running 24k lm of cfl and Pops said that you can use CFL to flower. So I showed him yours.

I am hopeful that I will get a decent harvest out of mine. God knows I baby them enough =). I spend a few hours a day out in my shed. Im only beginning week 2 of flower so I dont have ALOT of excitement, but they are coming along.

Waiting to hear back on what kind of weight you pulled out of them. Keep doing whatever youre doing bro, it seems to be working.

hi mate ...im pissed off ive been trying to get onto psge 3 ov your journel for the past 24 hours........and cant........i wanna see lol......must be the site my internet is fine ?........anyone else finding this ?.......be lucky weedtastic......edit can we see pics of the white shit you found ? ive had bud rot so i know wot that looks like......never heard ov white stuff.....kindda got me intrigued.....................weedtastic

Bubbles? Nice choice:cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm excited but I don't know when I'll be able to get started on that one. I'd like to build a bigger cabinet this fall if I can find the time.

How do I edit my signature?
-->Click here

verry nice glad to see completed work and the help you got during your grow hope my goes just as good and hope to get a good harvest and the help add me as a friend i might need your help as well
Wow girls are looking great my friend!!! :smokin:
thx pals

Hey Vapoorize, your girls look amazing! Fat buds under cheap CFLs. Great work! You prove you don't need a lot of dough to have a sweet grow. Sorry to hear about your mold/bud rot, aka botrytis. I know how you feel. I had to cut some of that out, too, in a previous grow. I was running my lights during the day. The temps outside were dropping a lot at night at the time. I figured out that the temps in the grow room were dropping so far and fast at night, that it was causing the humidity to shoot up and condensate. This is what caused my bud rot. I noticed your RH ranges from 25%-60%. Make sure your temps aren't dropping too fast. If so, run your lights at night and have good air circulation to solve the problem.:goodluck:
Sucks you have to wait. Save that scissor hash! It will be great when you can enjoy it!
:goodjob::surf:
thx tricome! I think you identified exactly what happened with the temp and humidity swings. We don't run the A/C during the middle of day (hottest time) to save money and the temp would get up to around 90F. At night, we like it extra cold. It probably wouldn't have been a problem if I had air blowing directly on the buds. I only had air blowing on the bottom of the plants. Another lesson learned! :bigblush:
Take a look below at the scissor hash pic :) :headbanger:

Those girls are looking nice brother. I actually used your journal a few minutes ago to help me with my argument. I am running 24k lm of cfl and Pops said that you can use CFL to flower. So I showed him yours.
Waiting to hear back on what kind of weight you pulled out of them. Keep doing whatever youre doing bro, it seems to be working.
Thx bro, with that many lumens you should do fine. See below for weights.

Day 92/65
Water AM, 68oz, lots of drainage

Day 93/66
I'm worried about the temperature so I put the louder, higher CFM fan back on the exhaust and cranked it up.

Day 95/68
The higher CFM fan didn't seem to help much with the temperature. Isn't summer supposed to be over?
Water AM, 44oz, little drainage

Day 97/70 - harvest #6 & #2
Today I was admiring how large plant #6 cola was when I saw what looked liked cotton down in a crevice. What a bummer! I am worried about it spreading to other plants so I pull #6 out immediately. After close inspection of #2, I didn't see anything but I decided to pull it out as well. So my first ever harvest began just like that.

Starting with plant #6 I cut all the lower buds off. All those buds added up quickly to a nice stack. As I trimmed these buds they all looked in great shape. I moved onto the cola and just started snipping off all the buds. There were around 4 or 5 bad spots that I cut out. I was very careful not to miss any.

Next, I did the same thing with #2. Wow, harvest is massive work! #2 also had nice side buds. When I started on the cola I found a tiny bit of fuzz. This caused me to attack the cola and cut it into pieces looking for more. Fortunately, I did not find anymore fuzz.

Plant #6 size of cola by bottle
Day97-70-HarvestP6Bottle.jpg

Plant #6 pre-harvest (problem area in blue)
Day97-70-HarvestP6FullArrow.jpg

Plant #6 fuzz
Day97-70-HarvestP6Fuzz.jpg

Plant #6 trim
Day97-70-HarvestP6BottTrim.jpg

Plant #6 garbage buds
Day97-70-HarvestP6BadBuds.jpg

Plant #6 wet weight of cola after removing problem buds (does not include lower buds)
Day97-70-HarvestP6TopWeight.jpg

Plant #2 pre-harvest
Day97-70-HarvestP2Full.jpg

Plant #2 size of cola by lighter
Day97-70-HarvestP2Bic.jpg

Plant #2 wet weight of cola & bottom buds
Day97-70-HarvestP2FullWeight.jpg

Day 100/73 - harvest #4 & #3
After a few days of darkness, I harvested #4 and #3. This harvest went much faster, however, it still took many hours of work/fun.

Plant #4 was the plant I smashed and grew tall. It was impressive looking but the buds weren't that thick. Harvest was nothing special with this plant.

Now plant #3 was my all time favorite. This plant was special. It never had the problems the other three plants had with the leaves. In fact, this plant looked beautiful all the way to the end. The crystals were smaller/finer but there was more of them so it looked more white than the rest. This plant also had a shade darker green tint to it and the pistils had a brighter fire orange to them. This was the only plant that I didn't completely butcher the cola.

I did not clean the scissors while harvesting these two plants and after plant #3, the scissors were stacked!

Plant #4 pre-harvest
Day100-73-HarvestP4Full.jpg

Plant #4 size of cola by bottle
Day100-73-HarvestP4Bottle.jpg

Plant #4 wet weight of cola and bottom buds
Day100-73-HarvestP4FullWeight.jpg

Plant #3 my favorite pre-harvest
Day100-73-HarvestP3Full.jpg

Day100-73-HarvestP3Top.jpg

Plant #3 cola size by bottle
Day100-73-HarvestP3Bottle.jpg

Plant #3 tiny/fine trich
Day100-73-HarvestP3Closeup.jpg

Plant #3 wet weight of cola and lower buds
Day100-73-HarvestP3FullWeight.jpg

Plant #3 quality bud trim
Day100-73-HarvestP3Trim.jpg

Scissor hash after harvest of #4 & #3
Day100-73-HarvestScissorHash.jpg

Wow, I can't believe it is over! I should have dry weights soon. :cheer:

hi mate ...im pissed off ive been trying to get onto psge 3 ov your journel for the past 24 hours... can we see pics of the white shit you found ? ive had bud rot so i know wot that looks like......never heard ov white stuff.....kindda got me intrigued.....................weedtastic
sorry about your troubles with the site. I posted some pics of the white shit. Deeper within the bud it is darker gray. See pix above.

sorry about your troubles with the site. I posted some pics of the white shit. Deeper within the bud it is darker gray. See pix above.
hi mate...yes indeed you have bud rot IMHO.......you now need to be real careful..........it spreads like wild fire.........the bud rot will continue to grow even whilst your drying them out so be extra careful......you will need to get a humidity gauge.........for your next grow i bought one for £3.00 so they are not expensive at all........mine reads.....DRY.....NORMAL.......DAMP.......this will give you a better handle on wots going on in your grow area.........extra ventillation will be needed also.....this shud fix your problem for future grows........as a first grow goes i think you have done a fantastic job.....but only if you learn from this grow which i think you have...........congrats on your harvest........will be looking forward to the smoke report........be lucky weedtastic

Day 101/74
The top buds of plant #6 seemed to dry really quick in the cardboard box. Perhaps they dried too fast but I'm not sure. Anyway, the stems started to snap so I bagged them up.

Day 102/75
The bottom buds of plant #6 also seem to have dried pretty quick so I bagged them up today. Plant #2 is the only other plant that has a fan blowing directly on it so it is also nearly dry.

Day 103/76
I bagged up plant #2.

Day 104/77 - final weight
I bagged up plants #3 & #4 as the stems were starting to snap. I weighed all the bags making sure to tare the weight of the bag.

P2: 39 grams
P3: 40 grams
P4: 40 grams
P6: 46 grams

So even though I had to throw out some of plant #6, it still weighed the most. These weights do not count sample buds (taste test buds) which mostly came from plant #2. So I'm very happy getting almost 6 ounces from this grow as it was way more than I expected.

It turns out that this is a fun hobby even if you can't directly partake in rewards of the harvest.

Hopefully, before this thread is moved to complete, I can add a smoke report of the cured product.

Drying
Day104-77-Dry.jpg

All bagged up (plant #2 in two bags)
Day104-77-DryWeight.jpg

hi mate....you seem to of dried those buds very fast......mine normally take 2 weeks.......then a 2 week cure minimum....there are canabaloids still doing there stuff whilst the buds are drying which makes the weed stronger if they get enough time to work whilst drying........its not a good idea to have a fan blowing on them whist drying..........however with the bud rot and all it might ov been a good idea to of dried em a little quicker than normal..........you did dry them in the dark right ?.....and you are also storing them in the dark to right ?........on the whole thou mate you have done yourself proud.......lovely looking buds.....good weight too..........look forward to the smoke report......ive posted a couple of questions in my journal for you if you get 5 mins..........be lucky weedtastic

Not a bad haul brother. Especially considering that you had to cut out some budrot. 6oz seems like a decent run. I can say that you had some good looking girls. Whens the next journal starting? =)

I am hopeful that I will be able to pull a few oz each out of mine. I have a little runt that wont produce much. Trying some new things so Im not too sure how it will play out yet.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Smoke Reports forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom