130 Watt CFL Grow - DIY Small Space - BK

Hi all! Wanted to share my Bubba Kush grow with everyone.

Here are the specs:

Bubba Kush (Indica) started from clone

23 days into flower

Indoor. DIY small space cabinet I built

Soil, started in Fox Farm Happy Frog. Transplanted to Roots Organic with 20% Perlite mixed in along with 1 cup Dolomite Lime per 1 cubic foot of soil. Also added GH Subculture. All filling a 3 Smart Pot.

2 65 watt cfls are providing the lumens. Cabinet is white on the inside for reflection.

70 cfm computer fan exhausting out of the top, 4" passive intake on the bottom. Another 70 cfm computer fan providing 24/7 air movement inside the cabinet.

Temps stay around 80* with an RH of 50% or less.

Feeding GH nutes, the Bubba has taken 1000+ ppm feedings with no sign of burn. Plain PH'd water every other watering. PH at 6.5-6.8.

When she was young. I had just added the 1 65 watt cfl. I started with 2 23 watters. This was taken after her first and only topping. 7/17/11
SG_PT_and_BK_004.jpg

SG_PT_and_BK_005.jpg

Ten days later, 7/27/11
420_205.jpg

420_206.jpg

420_207.jpg

7/30/11-8 days into flower I did some cleaning of bottom branches. Bubba is in the middle. The other two are Purple Trash and Sour Grapes. They can be seen in my Dog House journal.
420_212.jpg

420_213.jpg

Re: 130 Watt CFL grow, DIY small space...BK

I had to tie Bubba down due to lack of space. I also want every usable lumen possible when growing with these cfls. Cfl's are great but the loss of lumens the further they get from the plant is dramatic. I didn't bother with LST'ing her, I simply put some holes in the smart pot and restrained her for some time.

August 1st I believe
420_221.jpg

420_222.jpg

420_223.jpg

420_224.jpg

Here we are at 19 days into flower
420_236.jpg

420_238.jpg

420_240.jpg

420_239.jpg

420_241.jpg

Cute little thing. I cannot help but picture her in a bonsai pot with some ground moss and a tiny "boulder" or two for atmosphere.

Looking great man. Keep up the excellent work. What seed company is that BK from?

Thanks Twelve! I'm not sure of the breeders name. I bought this as a cutting from a dispensary here locally, but from what they told me he usually only sells seeds. This was one of the first batch of cuttings he had brought to them. I can try to find out, I know he is a Northern California breeder.

Cute little thing. I cannot help but picture her in a bonsai pot with some ground moss and a tiny "boulder" or two for
atmosphere.

Maybe one of those sand boxes with a little rake too? lol a buddy of mine said the same thing when he saw it "ooh you got yourself a little bonsai!"

Just about 30 days into flower now. Gave her a nice 3 gallon flush over the weekend. Some of the hairs are changing color, smell is getting nice :yummy:
Dolomite lime is doing the trick for PH. Steady 6.4-6.5 throughout the whole flushing.

420_281.jpg

420_279.jpg

420_278.jpg

420_277.jpg

Looking good. Like the dark leaves colors, they are well feed. What's the plant width and height?

Thanks Twelve! Yes, she seems to be a big eater. She is about 13" tall at the tip of the tallest cola. At her widest she is 21". The DIY cabinet has become too small but she will be fine.

I was hoping for 1+ oz out of her, considering I'm using cfl's. Any more than that I'm stoked!

At the moment, yes one plant per cycle. I have two in my grow tent as well, they all started flower at the same time. This was suppose to be my veg/darkness before flower cab. Two plants here then to the tent for flower. Things don't always go as planned lol. I have cloned the Bubba :thumb: but the clone is very small considering the short veg time I did. Hopefully I can grow the clone out for cuttings...if the smoke is great.

With all that being said I'm also leaning on starting my next round from seed. I miss growing from seed, something about it all starting from that little bean.

A few pics taken today. There is some slight discoloration on some leaves, lime green areas. I'm not sure if she needs a little cal/mg boost or more N in her diet since she seems to be such a big eater. I gave her 5 ml of cal/mag today last week she received the same with a little extra food. I've read they finish in 63 days but I would think it's a little too early for her to be draining N from the leaves.

420_284.jpg

420_283.jpg

420_282.jpg

420_285.jpg

The girls are looking great! Increase the PPM and see how she takes it. The yellowing of leaf is normal occurrence during flowering at this stage. N is not so much a concern now, it's P and K, more P than K for bud production. Even with yellowing as long as there's no brown spots then she's ok, no mag def.

That's a nice looking bubba yarddog! How often are you giving her cal/mag? I've skipped a few waters with mine, I don't want to build up the salts too much in her root zone, but don't want her to start showing a deficiency again either!

Thanks twoshoes! I used 5 ml cal/mag per gallon for two waterings, with one plain watering in between. I hear you about build up. Those two shots of it did the trick.

Back
Top Bottom