There is a drain....just hard to tell with those type pots....the closet is ventilated to outside air...i have a small fan and i can also leave the closet door open a bit most of the time...as for the lighting..it appears a 250 hps = approximately 28000 lumens...and this plant is living in about a 3ft sq grow room
DSC020729.JPG
DSC020729.JPG

As far as I know a 250w hps is more than enough for one nice plant as long as don't expect to get a monster 2lb plant you should do very nicely with that.As far as airy light buds don't believe it.I started with 250w cfl's and got 7ounces with nice tight nugs.with 2 plants.And you are miles ahead of what I was with your equipment.have fun with what you have and get educated on some of the aspects of growing,let us know how it turns out for you.

does she look ok?

Yes, but as has already been mentioned, lose the aluminum foil. Bright white paint is more reflective (in regards to light). If you must use cardboard for your... "walls," paint it. Flat is technically the best finish, but it's not cleanable. Something with a little sheen is cleanable and, generally, more durable. I wouldn't go with gloss, lol, but an eggshell or satin is fine.

BtW, that 250-watt HPS is a waste (IMHO) at this stage of development. Sure, it'll work (and quite well) - but a couple CFLs close to the seedling would use a lot less electricity, without really negatively impacting the growth rate.

I thought a 250hps was more than enough for one plant

It's not the number of plants - it's the size of the grow space. In theory, a 250-watt HPS would adequately illuminate up to five square feet during the flowering period, and up to eight and a third square feet during the vegetative period. I say "in theory" because those are considered the minimum recommendations. Factors such as less than optimum wall coverings (IOW, aluminum foil) and a crappy reflector will negatively impact that. And if your plant has any sativa in its genetic makeup, it'll require more light than a 100% indica (and high-percentage sativas require a lot more).

It's all about the lumins

No, actually, it's NOT all (or even AT all) "about the lumen." Lumen is a measurement that is heavily-weighted towards the frequencies that the human eye perceives as being brighter. Cannabis plants... do not have human eyes :icon_roll .

If you'd like to eliminate the guessing game, pick up a par meter. I did and it was an eye opener.

I've read that in veg you need a minimum 15000 lumen and in flower 25000 minimum.

To fill five square feet with light? Yes, that's the recommended minimum when growing with HIDs. But whether that light is used to grow one relatively large plant, as many as 45 really small ones planted at a density of nine per square feet, or something between those two extremes... is really up to the grower.

What's important is that I'm getting between 25000 and 35,000 lumen.

Your light meter reads in lumen? Are you sure it's a PAR meter? I'd expect those to read in µmol (micromoles), µmol.m²s¹ (micromoles per square meter per second), or the like. This kind of thing will help you determine how much light the plants are receiving (in the frequencies that they can use), DLI (daylight integral), et cetera. Lumen... Well, it'll tell you whether or not a given light source is providing enough illumination for you to read the Sunday paper by, I suppose ;) .

Don't know why I'm so chatty this morning?!?! Must be that Durban Poison fresh harvest oil I had for a late night snack!!

Yum!

here a useful site what make things easier with knowing the PAR , mine was coming out at 793.13 micro mol/s×m*2 and that with like 120 Watts of Led lights

Been on 12/12 for about 2 weeks...maybe should of waited little longer to start the 12/12, but it's my first grow and wasn't sure how big she will get...guess she's doing ok?
DSC020778.JPG
DSC020789.JPG

The stretching has slowed down...she's a white rhino and is supposed to be of the shorter variety...but I wanted to be sure..lol

Back
Top Bottom