Rucked's Unknown Strains 1st Grow

rucked

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Medium - organic soil with earthworm castings
Lights - (1) 150w CFL
Nutrients - none
Strain(s) - unknown

So I have this plant just 1 and its my first grow with one CFL.... I think its growing ok but hey my first grow check it out. She is in 3 days of flower and look to be a healthy 9 leaf plant thoughts? Need more lights or reflection?

IMAG012811.jpg

Thanks for the input exile19.... Just checked on my little BUDdy to put it to sleep and I noticed the sprout leads fell off aswell as the other to above that now the first 3 leaf set is turning yellow and starting to die great... More updates to come

IMAG012914.jpg

Thanks for the input exile19.... Just checked on my little BUDdy to put it to sleep and I noticed the sprout leads fell off aswell as the other to above that now the first 3 leaf set is turning yellow and starting to die great... More updates to come

IMAG012914.jpg
Hey mate, well IMO you do need some extra light for lower - mid branches, and if you can buy sum MYLAR - its like foil but way more reflective, cover ur grow space walls with it. Its not that expensive. Your girl looks ok other than being a bit lanky, but if you stuck her under a 400w HID light i bet she'd double her growth fairly qikly! Or just get sum twin light socket extensions and plug 2 CFL's IN instead of the one per fixture.. As for the bottom fan leaves yellowing and falling off - DONT WORRY!! That looks totally normal as the branches have grown out now from between leaf and main stem and the leaf is no longer needed there.. Hope sum of this helps u?? Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Thanks a lot Smokemupm8 I will have to go pick some stuff up on payday.... Will update with pics on the new grow setup.

Hey there rucked. I agree with exile & smoke you're going to want more light down there. Also you should look into topping your plant. When switched to flowering our favorite plant can stretch out 3 to 5 times its size. topping keeps em short and bushy so it's easy to light. I'd also advise getting some plant food man. Even MG is better than nothing. Poor thing must be starving hehe

Thanks for all the input.... I am doing an organic grow so what fert would you suggest and is there a tutorial on topping and when I top it would I use the top as a clone?

I'm not sure about the organic nutes, all mine look like blue coolaid hehe. I'm sure the guys at your local hydro shop or plant nursery can help you out though. As for topping if u run a search on this site you'll find a million tutorials on the subject. It's really quite simple though just cut the main stock. on your plant i'd say just above the 3rd set of branches since its so tall. You can try to clone it but its kinda big. Go for side branches that are as far down on the plant as possible for clones. The closer to the roots the more rooting hormones are present. I just take the bottom set for clones & stick em in a glass of water with no gels or powders & that works fine for me. The labels on the rooting solution bottle scare me hehe. After that i'd just flip it back to veg for a week or two to let it branche out better and get nice & leafy. Also what color is your light & how far is it from the plant? Daylight bulbs (5000k-6500k) are ideal for vegging & soft white (2700k-3000k) is what you want for flowering.

Ok sweet I guess ill have to go pick up some flowering lights I'm using 6k right now. And there is a hydro store like 5 blocks from my house keep you guys updated as I venture some grow store today for a new setup.

So I went to the store and picked up 2 150w soft white (2700k) CFL's and got them running... Need to adjust the top light a little more because its to far away from the plant. I also picked up some fish fertilizer 5-1-1 not sure if I can use it for that long because I think you want less N in flowering after a couple of weeks correct? So her are some pics... I still need to get some mylar though.

IMAG013310.jpg

IMAG013112.jpg

Well the thing is you really wanna top during veg growth because you want it to branch out a bit and grow a bunch of new nodes, but when you flower the plant stops branching out & growing new nodes. All it does in flower is stretch toward the light & grow flowers. You could always switch your lights back to veg. After 3 or 4 days of flowering that probably wouldn't stress it too much either. Also when you sya 150 watt bulb do you mean 150w equivilent or actuall power usage? Usaully people refer to the actual power draw.

Actual power draw. And if I top it now would it decrease my yield. First grow so idk if its ok to top so late in the game.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom