First grow

new pics!

9-18-09

091809.jpg

weird_leaf.jpg

fav_0918.jpg

1809.jpg

09181.jpg

Yep, that's what you need in spec tag you will notice "Color Temperature : 2700", maybe it is good idea if you buy several of those (why not 3 of them), and think of MacGyving a reflector like ad on! I know that it sounds scary from the beginning, but actually it would not be such a hell once you started doing it ;)

36299756117279892101253334220s0AHYKxu3PxrPgZFN3vG.JPG

70723797312235442751253334229pmS5Ru4Y07dgw2t3dmvq.JPG

And, bols24 you really have a nice dogy there! Keep up the good work and Good Luck!

the lights are helping! thnx!
yesss hes a jack! :) coolest dog ive ever had!
are the purple hairs normal or is it a purple plant?
purple_hairs.jpg

09231.jpg

9231.jpg

23091.jpg

0923.jpg

I believe it's normal. As my fan leaves get older the stems turn purple/brown. That light is perfect btw. How many did you get & how are they set up? If I could do one thing differently for my grow it would be hanging flood lights like that instead of using regular bulbs.

i got three one hanging above it an one on each side.
yeah i thought it was normal just wondering tho but thank you!

one question

if some of the fan leaves are blocking the light can i cut them to where the light will get to other parts of the plant that needs it? or will it hurt the plant?
:thanks:

Re: one question

9-27-09
shes getting more purple as the days go on

I'm really taking your problem but an answer like - check your pH, and use some nice nutes, preferably organic (just I really had a great success with those and soil) could be of help ?
I don't know, I really hope some of the more exp growers can give you the right direction with explanation. Just intuitively with no hard evidence I am thinking of your lights (maybe it is time to keep your plant in less that 24/24 light cycle, 16/8 would be more of a use or is it enough proper light for her (you can use your white light (> 6000K ) along with the warm one to boost more photons :tommy:)

if some of the fan leaves are blocking the light can i cut them to where the light will get to other parts of the plant that needs it? or will it hurt the plant?
:thanks:

No, that will not hurt the plant so badly but actually it is not the right time now I think, latter you can do that if you find it beneficial for the lower bud sites.

Good Luck, brother grower!

Don't cut off any fan leaves as of now. If they're blocking a lot of light then I would tie them to the side out of the way. Some people do trim and cut fan leaves, but it's much later in the flowering stage. Personally I only remove leaves when they come off with me just barely tugging on them. FYI the plant will stay alive as long as you don't remove more than 50% of the leaves. Just remember that they're their for a reason. Taking off a good healthy leaf is like taking off an assembly line worker, growth can slow down a little bit.

i watered with distilled water for my whole grow except the first week or so which the high ph of my tap water almost killed my plants. you can switch and see if the purpling stops. daydrimin is right about checking ph not just soil but what your watering with as well. i think it should be around 6-6.5(which is the ph for distilled water) for cannabis. fox farm soil and nutes worked for me on my first grow. You can also use ph up or down to get your tap water just right. you can buy it at any hydro shop or online as well as the fox farm supplies.

BTW that little girl is lookin good :)

Back
Top Bottom