First hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lights

Hey everyone, time to get this up and going.

I'm starting this journal in the middle of my grow. I started with clones, 3 sour diesel and 3 northern lights on October 31st, Halloween day. I picked up the clones from a local dispensary, yes, I'm a medical marijuana patient, but it seems the dispensaries around here aren't very sophisticated yet. I told the guy I was doing a DWC and needed them in rockwool, he was a week late getting them to me, then when I picked them up they were started in peat pellets! Couldn't have that so I tore the peat off losing most of the roots in the process. I'm thinking that set me back a good week, but what the heck, I was moving forward.

I followed the Roseman's Deep Water Culture tutorial almost to the letter. It was so thorough! I hope we can get it over here on this site somehow. They took off! I'll work on getting the pics on this thread, I'll post from the first.

But today I'm ready for another res change. They are now 22 days into flowering. The pistils are coming on big time. The plants were 30" tall when I went to 12/12, they are now close to 48" tall and are growing out of my closet! I had to add the 1x2 across the opening to help support them!

So, I'll go get the res changes done and get some pice to post here. I'll get you all caught up on my grow.

Hope you like the thread, I try to be very thorough in my descriptions of what I'm doing. More in a little bit!

:peace:

Re: FryingPanFlye's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Ligh

cool can't wait to see the soud d, i love that strian, I just smoked some this morning :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 22 flower pics

Okay, here are the pics, I didn't want to wait until I finished the res change. Here they are as of today, the canopy is tight, they are probably a little too big for my space, but if the worst lesson I learn is that my plants were too big I'd still be happy with that.

Enjoy!

IMG_12202.jpg

IMG_12192.jpg

IMG_12183.jpg

IMG_12174.jpg

IMG_12142.jpg

IMG_12132.jpg

IMG_12111.jpg

Re: FryingPanFlye's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Ligh

Very Nice! Healthy looking Bubble Grown plants! I have pulled my chair up so I can watch the entire show.... I am considering a Bubble Grow in a few months time.... Right now I need to learn...

Very Nice! Healthy looking Bubble Grown plants! I have pulled my chair up so I can watch the entire show.... I am considering a Bubble Grow in a few months time.... Right now I need to learn...

Hey Joe, glad to have you around! I've had some good luck with my plants so far, no major problems, everything green and stinky so far.

First post move res change

Okay, I just finished up with the res change. Before draining I checked my tds, reading 1150, that's about what I left them at last week before I left for Christmas.

Last Wednesday before I headed for Denver I filled four gallon jugs of water for my neighbor to add while I was away. I labeled the jugs because in two of them I added two tbs each of nutes. Oh yeah, I'm using Advanced Sensi parts A&B. I bought the Big Bud too, but I'm not using that, I'll explain later. The plants have been using about 1 gallon of water a day since switching to 12/12. I added nutes to the gal. I added last Wed., then just straight water the next day, then 2 tbs each of the nutes the day after. So it ended up today with a ppm of approx. 1150.

So, today when I added the nutes I added 6 tbs each of the nutes, mixed it in one gallon, filled five more gallons to put in the res and poured them in. I checked the ppm and I was all the way up to 1700! That's way over what I did last week, don't want to burn up my babies! So I drained a gallon and added back one gallon of straight water, checked the ppm and it was down to 1150. How that one gallon affected the water that much doesn't seem to make sense, I guess I could do some math, but whatever. It's a little lower than I wanted, but I'm not going to chase it, I'll add more through out the week gradually.

That's it for now. I've got to get out and take the dogs for a walk, I think Sadie is crossing her legs! It's been damn cold out the last few days, -6 when I got up today. I don't take the pups out until it gets above 10, no frost bitten paws!

Have a great day.

been waiting for this fry...lol looking niceee ,i started giving my girls kool bloom from gh ,,damn my plants exploded ....they smell like fruity pebbles ...yummy:cheer::grinjoint:

12-5-09, day 35, last day of veg.

So, I jumped forward a little, you didn't need to see many more of the previous pics. This is the final day before I started 12/12. The plants were about 30" tall at this point. I was hoping they wouldn't get too much bigger, but as you'll see, I was very wrong about the growing part!

IMG_11175.jpg

IMG_11185.jpg

How's this for roots?
IMG_11234.jpg

Back
Top Bottom