First hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lights

Re: FryingPanFlye's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Ligh

Nice update and looking real real nice on the plants my man. Real Nice.

Re: FryingPanFlye's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Ligh

Thanks man, where've you been, doing the Christmas thing?

I should ask you the same my man??

But yeah Family and little girl's 1st Christmas. I am in the middle of changing my res on the Deep Water Culture and then I will take some new pics and post it in my new thread here.

I should ask you the same my man??

But yeah Family and little girl's 1st Christmas. I am in the middle of changing my res on the Deep Water Culture and then I will take some new pics and post it in my new thread here.

Cool, I missed Christmas with my granddaughter. We were supposed to get together on Saturday but they couldn't make it, my daughter-in-law was having contractions all Friday and still on Saturday, but she's not far enough along to induce labor, she's not at 39 weeks yet. I told them to go back home and stay close to her doctor. Hopefully the next call I get is my son telling me to get my butt down there, baby's on the way.

My son says my granddaughter is growing like a weed! Thought everyone would appreciate that. She's walking fully now, no more crawling. I got some cool videos of her starting to walk, but haven't seen her since October, waaaaay too long.

FPF, I was thinking that a root mass like that drinks a lot of water per day and I'm wondering how much water you can actually fit in a res with it at that stage.

Actually MC, I made a mistake the other day when talking about how much room my root mass takes up, it displaces over a gallon of water. It amaze how much root is in there and it doesn't really take up that much room, but there must be a huge area of root taking up whatever the plants want.

My buds are really starting to fill in, but I'm not seeing the trichs as I've seen on some other buds in these threads at this stage. I don't think I really need to be concerned, but to see some that look sugar coated after three weeks makes me a little jealous!

Okay, not a big day today, added another gallon of water, one a day has been standard since going to flowering, and with the lower temps.

I added a tablespoon of each part A and B, I'm wondering about using another additive. I saw on another thread people talking about something called Botanicare Sweet to enhance the buds, should I be considering this and would this sugar-coat my buds?

One more quick note. I took the pups for a walk down by the river, same walk we take every day. They get a big kick out of our walk, there is a herd of elk that winter in the pastures surrounding my sub-division. Those big guys poop all over the place and I have the damnedest time keeping Harley, my older pup from rolling in it! Then Sadie, she's my 3 yo Golden Retriever, well she seems bent on cleaning up after all those elk, seems she finds elk poop pretty tasty! We have to work on that one. I been able to keep them from the elk carcass on our walk, looks like coyotes got him. He's been pretty well, well let's call it recycled by now, but were they ever curious the first time they saw that big animal in the ravine.

It's snowing lightly now, we probably won't get much out of this storm. It's so quiet when it's snowing, and of course everything looks so clean and perfect. I love this place.

Have a great day guys!

:peace:

FryingPanFlyer, I like the "r" you got the other day nice. I know what you mean ! I keep seeing all these other plants dripping with trichs and I can't find one with a scope !! Mine are filling in nice but I've got a least 3-4 wks to go! Long wait, and I've got one more plant whos still trying to find their sexual orientation !! It was a runt with a broken main stem but has found a new life in my bedroom closet!! It's been on 12/12 for almost a wk which makes it tough to go into my room after lights out! It'll be worth it if it's a she though!! Take care FPF, glad to see you got your "r" for christmas..:peace:

FryingPanFlyer, I like the "r" you got the other day nice. I know what you mean ! I keep seeing all these other plants dripping with trichs and I can't find one with a scope !! Mine are filling in nice but I've got a least 3-4 wks to go! Long wait, and I've got one more plant whos still trying to find their sexual orientation !! It was a runt with a broken main stem but has found a new life in my bedroom closet!! It's been on 12/12 for almost a wk which makes it tough to go into my room after lights out! It'll be worth it if it's a she though!! Take care FPF, glad to see you got your "r" for christmas..:peace:

Thanks man, it's all in the R. Like an old friend used to say, you live on the little successes because the big ones can be so far between.

About the trichs, I see them even on the lower buds, just not like other's. Patience right?

And you've got one still trying to find it's way in this world, good luck with maintaining the 12/12 in your bedroom. Hey, would green lights work?

I think I read about that here last night, I'll have to look into this I had to tape down my light switch so I won't have that happen again, gets to be a pain when you run into there to get something to smoke !!:peace: https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/took_a_beating_001.jpg https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/its_still_alive.jpg

I've heard that green lights do work, and with the holidays there are some pretty cool green colored cfl's at Lowes and the like. I know I'd be switching it on every couple of hours, seems I get a little forgetful, shall we say, while I'm fully relaxed in the evening. lol

;peace:

Okay, not a big day today, added another gallon of water, one a day has been standard since going to flowering, and with the lower temps.

I added a tablespoon of each part A and B, I'm wondering about using another additive. I saw on another thread people talking about something called Botanicare Sweet to enhance the buds, should I be considering this and would this sugar-coat my buds?

i use gh kool bloom 0-10-10 during flower an i noticed a i big change in my trics,i would say it doubles em,now for the botanicare sweet this is what my book say about it.... SWEET is scientifically formulated for the bio-syntheses of crucial compounds to maintain optimal metabolism. ,,,then i found this botanicare product called hydroplex 0.5-4-10 i beleve this stuff would be a great investment heres what it says about it ... HYDROPLEX a premium plant supplement for the reproductive fruiting an flowering phase in a plants life cycle.it contains ample phosphorous,potassiuman sulfur to enhance yields an an fruit flower development...kinda sounds like the stuff i use just with diffrent N-P-K values
hope this helped l8r fry:nicethread:

i use gh kool bloom 0-10-10 during flower an i noticed a i big change in my trics,i would say it doubles em,now for the botanicare sweet this is what my book say about it.... SWEET is scientifically formulated for the bio-syntheses of crucial compounds to maintain optimal metabolism. ,,,then i found this botanicare product called hydroplex 0.5-4-10 i beleve this stuff would be a great investment heres what it says about it ... HYDROPLEX a premium plant supplement for the reproductive fruiting an flowering phase in a plants life cycle.it contains ample phosphorous,potassiuman sulfur to enhance yields an an fruit flower development...kinda sounds like the stuff i use just with diffrent N-P-K values
hope this helped l8r fry:nicethread:

Cool ROBBIE313, looks like I've got some more reading to do.

I'm sure you've noticed Roseman's thread where he talks about maintaining an elevated N level through flowering, I wonder how this plays into that.

Good question! Sweet is supposed to help with plant vigor during transition and keep the leaves on the plant with is also the purpose of added N. The hydroplex sounds more geared toward increasing bud size.

Back
Top Bottom