First Journal - 18th Grow - Growing 4 Strains From A 420 Magazine Sponsor

Thanks.
These girls are over 90 days old...they have to be so ready to flower, that I bet they will show within 4 days or so,

4 of the 5 Clones got Colloidal Silver Today.
If I don't have to CS the 5th one I wont, Ill let that one flower and hopefully be one big Cola...I Love Cola :)

I drained and refilled nutes today.

i'm up to about 1000 ppm

CS'd my clones again.

Have yet to see a hair.

Time to update.
Since I changed nutes and changed lites
The plants are at a complete standstill.
Ive also been plucking leaves for smoking.. Hit em a bit too hard.

I figure I may have hit too hot with the nutes...so I drained and filled with just water on 2 of them.
They are not different today.

My PH meter seems to be hosed up now.

It's bouncing all over the place like 2.3 then 11.7 and keeps going ,,,then eventually it will settle in to some value.

Its been 2 days short of 2 weeks since I changed the lights to 12/12.
The plants are still basically at a stand still.
Some leaves grow in here and there but thats it. No new growth really.
Nothing.

I'm fed up with this.
I have taken out my LED Light and put My 400 Watt HPS back in there.
The heat of it is needed as well.

I've never seen such non growth as I have seen with that LED Light.
Some how I need to figure out is best distance from the plant, just as I removed it, it was 18 inchs from the top of the tallest plant.
I'm out of height to raise it up any higher.

I'm betting on having an noticeable amount of growth tonight.

I had to unclog my Air lines...which I usually do about at switchover.
Salts or roots must build up in the air line where it's under water.
The Drip emitters stop pumping water out.

I take a Bass Guitar String and use that to clear them.

Oh yeah, my one Regular seed is the Electric Lemon G and its shown hairs now!:high-five:
:thumb:

cool news about the electric lemon!
about the LED that sounds odd, I love my LED's, they work awesome for me. Dunno why you're having issues but I can vouch for LED's being sound growing light technology :)

Your "that would take math and stuff.." comment made me giggle. :laughtwo: yes, I still giggle, I don't know if I'll ever grow up ;) (who would want to grow up, come on, really.)

So you're going for feminized seeds this grow? This oughta be interesting :) still here for the moral support lol! just haven't been around 420 mag for a while with all the shit thats going on with my dad.

Stay green GC! :cheer:

cool news about the electric lemon!
about the LED that sounds odd, I love my LED's, they work awesome for me. Dunno why you're having issues but I can vouch for LED's being sound growing light technology :)

I like the LED also..however I'm having issues with constant slow or no growth.
I presume it's the light not being at a good distance...it seems to want it farther away that I can make it.
Its max'd at about 18 inches away from top of highest plant.
The plant's haven't started to stretch yet as well.
I know how my HPS works with plants ..and I could use the added heat from the lamp as well.

Your "that would take math and stuff.." comment made me giggle. :laughtwo: yes, I still giggle, I don't know if I'll ever grow up ;) (who would want to grow up, come on, really.)

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a toys R us kid!

So you're going for feminized seeds this grow? This oughta be interesting :) still here for the moral support lol! just haven't been around 420 mag for a while with all the shit thats going on with my dad.

Yes.. Seeds are way too expensive to want to have to keep buying.
I want to try the 10 to 15 seeds I have and see which ones I prefer and then get seeds for that breed.
Would Like to get a batch for each variety..but who knows how well that will go, Im sure milage may vary on that.

I've been reading your thread about you and your Father.:Namaste:
I'm glad its looking brighter now. My father and mother,both alcoholics. I hate to hear about the damage that alcoholism does to whole families, knowing how it effed up my family.
My heart goes out for you when I hear it about it.
I'm glad its on the upward side now by the sounds of it.

Taking the leaf,too an extreme,can slow the growth of your plants a great deal.:peace:
Yeah, I know.
I've been doing it for so long I know how the plants usually react, with my HPS.
By the time I switch them, they have recovered,and are used to it.
They slow down at first, then they get used to the trimming of a dozen or 2 leaves removed off of all for.
One Plant I did go over board on...because I wasn't really looking what branches were its and which were from the plant next to it, and realized it only had like 6 branches and the plant next to it has probably 24 branches.

After running my HPS since last nite, I see a good inch to inch and a half growth on the plants.
I am pretty sure its the LED being too close, as being the problem with the LED.
I may put it in once the Flowering starts, either solely or as well from the side.

After running my HPS for the last couple of days...the First plant has started to stretch. All but one are showing pistols.
The last one probably is ...but are very tiny presently..today I should be able to make them out.
I'll check it again tonight when the lights turn back on.

While plucking a few leaves off of the Electric Lemon G plant I actually smelled lemons for the first time :):smokin:

Here's a few pictures now that they are actually showing buds forming.

Electric Lemon G
0011973.JPG

0031881.JPG

0041761.JPG

I saw KingJohnC and someone else on another thread about which to add to solution, nutes or CalMag?\
So I went to General Hydroponics' website and found out from the manufacturer. Add Cal Mag to water then nutes.
I have been doing it back wards all this time. So I'll see what kind of difference it makes now.

Today I couldn't wait any longer and had to pinch a small starting bud that had a few trich's on it and dried it and got an actual buzz finally
off of the plant, not just a side affects simulated buzz :green_heart:
:Namaste:

I like the LED also..however I'm having issues with constant slow or no growth.
I presume it's the light not being at a good distance...it seems to want it farther away that I can make it.
Its max'd at about 18 inches away from top of highest plant.
The plant's haven't started to stretch yet as well.
I know how my HPS works with plants ..and I could use the added heat from the lamp as well.

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a toys R us kid!

Yes.. Seeds are way too expensive to want to have to keep buying.
I want to try the 10 to 15 seeds I have and see which ones I prefer and then get seeds for that breed.
Would Like to get a batch for each variety..but who knows how well that will go, Im sure milage may vary on that.

I've been reading your thread about you and your Father.:Namaste:
I'm glad its looking brighter now. My father and mother,both alcoholics. I hate to hear about the damage that alcoholism does to whole families, knowing how it effed up my family.
My heart goes out for you when I hear it about it.
I'm glad its on the upward side now by the sounds of it.

Aw thank you, yeah it can be tough. Alcohol is whack :\ but yeah, things are also getting better I think :) That's weird that your having those problems with the LED. I've had early growth issues with seedlings under LED's but never any issues once they're well into vegging. Hope that works out for you :) and agreed about the seeds. stay green! Electric Lemon girl is looking lovely, glad you got to catch a buzz! :love:

Aw thank you, yeah it can be tough. Alcohol is whack :\ but yeah, things are also getting better I think :) That's weird that your having those problems with the LED. I've had early growth issues with seedlings under LED's but never any issues once they're well into vegging. Hope that works out for you :) and agreed about the seeds. stay green! Electric Lemon girl is looking lovely, glad you got to catch a buzz! :love:

How far above the top of the plant is the light kept?

Back
Top Bottom