First real attempt

capedcrusader

This is my first attempt to grow weed since I was very young.
I've had my plants for around 2 months.
I got my clones from a grower and have several different strains including MK ultra, purp and a very intriguing mystery plant.
They were already quite big when I got them so I started flowering almost right away.
They've been flowering for around a month now and are growing nice sized buds.

I'm using a 1000w HPS and have incased the space in mylar.
I had to introduce a A/C unit to control the heat from the lamp and have an osilating fan blowing constantly.

I'm using a 10-30-20 the brand name of which has slipped my mind and watering them about once every other day.

I've been pruning where needed to great effect.

6511.jpg

776.jpg

6541.jpg

865.jpg

8521.jpg

My clones have been growing for about 2 to 3 weeks.

And seem very healthy, I keep them under flourescents 24/7 and feed them Age old (12-6-6)
I have about 30 for my next rotation and all and all things are looking great!
I just wanted some input to how people thought my plants looked and maybe afew things that could help my efficency.
I want to get CO2 after this harvest and maybe switch to areoponics in the near future.

Interesting mystery plant that has much larger sugar coated buds then the rest

I'm also doing some outdoor and was looking for ways to ward off deer?

damn man, nice grow going on, especially if it was your first real attempt. from the way its looking, i wouldn't mind having some of the harvest myself :ganjamon:

Haha, thanks man!
I tried growing when i was younger once and got a real nice headache from the smoke I got from it.
But I've read up on my shit and I'm ready to try it agian!

well looks like your "trying" turned out real nice.

your ladies and clones are looking very nice. great job for a first grow.

make sure you watch your watering and stick to a wet/dry cycle.

as for outside and those pesky deer i would put up some chicken fence around your plants. you can go to your local garden center they should have somthing to help you out with this. :smokin:

Thanks I'll try the chicken wire!
I've also heard that Irish Spring soap, and panther urine can ward off deer and other pests.
Since I'm in no position to track down and "milk" a panther haha.
Anyone know if irish spring actually works?

Dawg I love your setup you got going good as eva! Where can I get one of those reflecters from that you have all around the wall and how much is it?

From personal experience, I think you need to master soil and then gradually switch over to hydro and aeroponics. And by the look of it it's going good so far my friend.
The only thing I might have to say is, as a 1st time grower, I suggest you yake your time and keep only a couple full size females. If you do it properly you can probably get 2-3 oz per plant.. If you have too many plants going at once, you might not be able to complete keep up with all of them and you'll have a smaller yield per female. 6-8 plants full size stretched out ladies under that 1000w is perfect for starters. Once you master it, you'll be able to fit a couple more and get the same yeild off each.. That's my personal opinion.

Yeah I wasn't planning on switching to aero for afew more harvests.
I get what your saying about only having afew plants to start, but I had got 100 clones and didn't have room to put that many outside.
I have 15 plants in there and between the 1000w and the mylar they're all getting light enough and lookin' pretty healthy.

Ya they are looking pretty good, I have to admit :)
You can either keep all of them or just a select few, the biggest, best looking ones. But if you think they are getting enough light then heck, keep them

moth balls crushed up and spread around your outdoor plants works like a charm...not only will it ward off deer, but it will help with the MJ smell as well...and cheap as hell too.
Sprinkle it around in a circle about 2-4 feet around your plants every few weeks or so...more often if it rains alot, less often if it's dry...they hate the smell, and you will too, but it works great for only about 4 or 5 dollars a box...cool?

Good looking 1st grow too by the way...keep up the good work, you might just be a natural...lol

Turning the corner of day 40 and the plants are looking that much better!
All my buds are caked in trichomes and I can tell that some of the plants will mature faster then others.
They're bushing out in all different directions and the colas are starting to get quite large.
I'll try to get up pics later:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom