First Tent: Alot To Learn

The Widow is looking ready to me. She isn’t really getting many ambers inside. Tonight, just before lights on I will take her and put her in the shed overnight. This will be my first time initiating the 24 hours of darkness prior to chop. Does it make a difference?

I tested slow dried Blueberry. It’s such a nice buzz. Glad I have some variety going on. Happy grows

DSC00971.JPG

20210817_052302.jpg

20210817_052317 - Copy.jpg
'Variety is the bud spice of life'

As for the dark period, it's another thing being discussed on here like flushing. Some say it improves oil production slightly, others say it's bunk. Another personal choice thing.
The only member I've seen discuss it properly with a citation of evidence is @Emilya
iirc, 36 hours is the desired period of darkness for any effects.

'Variety is the bud spice of life'

As for the dark period, it's another thing being discussed on here like flushing. Some say it improves oil production slightly, others say it's bunk. Another personal choice thing.
The only member I've seen discuss it properly with a citation of evidence is @Emilya
iirc, 36 hours is the desired period of darkness for any effects.
Thank you Listers, good afternoon.
Hello Emilya , do you advocate a dark period prior to harvest? It makes sense to me and I cant see where it would hurt. Thanks.

Yeah, 62% seems to be the consensus around the site
It's my first time having humidity meters in jars this last harvest. I've always done it by smell, touch, taste, sound in the past. I had my amnesia this time at 62% and it was alot better than previous.
I checked a 4month old jar of gsc I'd done the old way, it was still sitting at 57%, so I wasn't far off by eye.
I use the meters until I am stable at 62%, then I pop a bovida or boost in the jar. It might? dull the terps a bit, I don't know for sure, but it keeps it fresh for me.

I use the meters until I am stable at 62%, then I pop a bovida or boost in the jar. It might? dull the terps a bit, I don't know for sure, but it keeps it fresh for me.
Morning stinker.
I've never used the Bovida packs, until lately I've never had bud last long enough to warrant the tag 'long term storage'. I have heard that they dull terps, so I'm not that eager to try them.
If i had bud stored for over a year, then maybe, but if youve got it sitting in the jars at 62% naturally it should be good for a long time without bovida packs.
Just my thoughts. Have a good morning bud.

Morning stinker.
I've never used the Bovida packs, until lately I've never had bud last long enough to warrant the tag 'long term storage'. I have heard that they dull terps, so I'm not that eager to try them.
If i had bud stored for over a year, then maybe, but if youve got it sitting in the jars at 62% naturally it should be good for a long time without bovida packs.
Just my thoughts. Have a good morning bud.
Morning Listers, I was thinking the same thing about it being a shame on the terps and that I never needed or used a bovida until last summer. Take care.

The White Widow is hanging, I gave it 36 hours of dark prior. I'm still not sure of the advantage. The Peyote will probably be chopped in the AM. Happy grows

DSC00973.JPG

DSC00996.JPG

DSC01002.JPG

I gave a little more time and just chopped the Peyote this morning. She just wanted to keep throwing out fresh white pistols even though she was ready, with very cloudy and amber trichs. Today is the last day of week 10 since 12/12.

The W. Widow is a strong smelling plant while drying. I boxed the buds after a few days hanging to slow the dry. It looks like I should see a couple zips. When dry.

The last in the tent is the Blueberry. She is happy in there all alone. Today I see where she is throwing a nanner, if I can see 1, there is more. I find it amazing how strong the drive to survive is in these plants.

Four was too many but I might try three. I do like the variety. There is a balance in figuring out a happy medium for the nute mixture.

My outdoor Dos Si Dos has finally started to show the start of budding, she has more than a few bud sites to fill. I like the Barneys Farm Genetics. They were always a big part of what I grow. I’m adding them in to my next indoor start.
Happy grows

DSC01029.JPG

DSC01044.JPG

DSC01051.JPG

DSC01031.JPG

DSC01032.JPG

DSC01023.JPG

DSC01025.JPG

DSC01039.JPG

I have been having a hard time getting these plants to finalize. They were showing cloudy trichs and throwing fresh new white pistols every day. This is just my 2nd indoor grow and 1st photo indoors. I couldnt figure out what to do, then I was reading a post where @Emilya indicated she cut light hours to stimulate a plant to finish out and recognize the end is near. That was an ah-ha moment, I still have a lot to learn. Light hours get shorter plant needs to finish out. I really needed to read that to recognize it. Getting old! Thanks Emilya. Yesterday marked the end week 10 and I still have a Blueberry in the tent.

The W. Widow is jarred @ 82g. I have never tried the widow before. It’s nice. Peyote is hanging and I have 1 left in the tent.

The humidity has been brutal indoors this summer. In order to dry, I have resorted to hanging the whole plant in the path of my tent exhaust. The exhaust goes up out of the tent and over the top of a wardrobe fronted by boxes to the corner where the plant hangs. After a few days I break it down and box it so it slows the dry.

I am going to limit myself to 2 or 3 for the next grow. 4 were a bit much for a 27" X 27”. This will be my last grow in this size space.

Happy grows.

DSC01062.JPG

DSC01063.JPG

DSC01064.JPG

Try lowering temps to ~59 if you can. Shorten the day to 10/13, or try simulating a frost by placing ice on top of the soil next water.
I notice I get less or no fade on my indoor photo period plants. I am nearing the end with these 4 strains and there is no fade on any. Is this due to providing a good artificial environment? I like to see some chlorophyll break down prior to the Chop. I never flush at the end, but am considering withholding nutes to start some fade. Is this a bad idea?

Congratulations. 82g off the WW is a good return. . can't wait for the taste test.
And again, nice work mate:thumb:
Morning Squiggle, thank you.
Still tasting a bit green but what a quality high. Very stony with a upbeat buzz.
I boxed the peyote this morning and will probably take the blueberry in the morning.
This was a satisfying grow, and its almost complete. I am glad I started growing indoors.

The Blueberry was chopped this morning. She is a stinky one. She was the last of four and the four were my first photo period indoor grow. I’m glad its nearly complete.

I’ll clean the tent and fans today.
Happy grows

20210824_062732.jpg

20210824_062836.jpg

20210824_071544.jpg

I jarred the Peyote for cure at 62g. This morning the Blueberry was boxed, it stunk more than any of the others in this grow. As soon as its dry and jarred, I’ll give a grow tally and a preliminary smoke assessment. It takes a bit longer for a decent cure. All four are very potent, I'm hoping they came close to their full potential.

Next grow will be with Barneys Farm genetics and the Mars light I won in a drawing here a couple weeks ago. There was/is an issue about import duty and shipping that is still not clear to me at all. I’m sure it’ll work out. I was also told the light will be shipped from China and I will get a tracking No. when sent. It might be because the light is showing as back-ordered here in Europe.

I’m not sure of the etiquette on this forum for prize drawings, nor am I sure of forum etiquette period… after winning a light in a drawing, should I not participate in another drawing for a stronger more powerful light? It seems I might have upset a few by participating in another random drawing.

Happy grows.

DSC01080.JPG

DSC01081.JPG

DSC01083.JPG

I jarred up the Blueberry at 81g. The overall yield for this grow was more than I expected. Couple that with the variety and I am so very pleased with the results. I’ll get a bud pic of each up with the total yield as soon as the RH stabilizes a bit more.

A few weeks ago I won a Mars FC 3000 in a drawing. Part of winning was agreeing to feature the light in a journal. I’m getting ready to start the grow/germinating any day now. I was waiting for the light from Mars before starting. Rather than wait any more, I’ll use with my TS1000 for now. It’s more than enough for the seedlings and can be switched later for the FC3000 when it arrives. Thank you, @Mars Hydro

After winning the light I contacted Barney’s Farm. Barney’s liked the Dos Si Dos that I have growing outside and offered to send me some seeds to feature in my next grows. A couple t-shirts were in the parcel as well. Thank you, @Barney’s Farm

I do like Barney’s genetics and still have some of their seeds in my stash. I’m thinking I will run the MIMOSA X ORANGE PUNCH, LEMON TREE and a RUNTZ MUFFIN or GORILLA ZKITTLEZ. Any experience with these? I’m anxiously looking forward to trying the Lemon Tree.

Happy grows

DSC01090.JPG

Not great news today. I found seeds on all 4 girls, but no male parts. I took them outside and looked very closely. I think I will let them finish out. The largest buds show no seeding at all.

I used 3 free seeds I had collected. I also used a seed from a peyote I ran outside last year. I ended up with 5 seeds from the larf and used one. This is probably what threw some nanners. I should probably cull this plant, even if I don’t see any nanners now?

I was pushing it running 4 plants in a 2x2. I justified it with a 28 day veg. I will be upgrading to a 4x4. Gutted!

DSC00554.JPG

DSC00557.JPG

DSC00561.JPG

DSC00564.JPG

During week 6 from the 12/12 flip I woke to find seeds starting. For a couple days prior, I noticed some early browning of pistols in the lower growth but wasn’t concerned. When I saw the seeds it made sense what was happening.

I pulled each plant out of the tent and looked individually under a light for male parts or nanners. I did this for two mornings, also taking into the daylight outside for a better look. I was never able to find a nanner or male flower. It was disappointing there was nothing to find and I am meticulous. At first it felt like this grow was ruined, then the seeds covered over and there was no new pollination.

I think it was the Peyote variant that through a nanner, it came from the seed from the previous summers outdoor grow. 1 of 4. This plant had the most seeds of the four in this grow, there is no way to know for sure which one through the nanner. Luckily, the large buds on all 4 plants were not seeded, only the lower stuff and not many seeds at all.

All four varieties were good. I will be happy with female seeds crossed in any combo from this grow. There were no immature seeds, all look beautiful. Here is a pic of the beautiful looking new peyote variant seeds. So far, the other three plants have given up a few nice seeds as well. When I get a larger space, I’ll run a few of these to test. I’m hoping they are stable.

Happy grows

DSC01095.JPG

Back
Top Bottom