First Tent: Alot To Learn

Last night I did a defoil and nearly filled a 2 gallon bucket with fans, yet this morning it hardly shows at all. I like to keep as many fans as possible for as long as I can. Pulling the four out of the tent adjusting limbs and taking fans sure smelled up the house. The carbon filters work well.

Some of these buds are getting big. We have more rain forecast for all this week, it really raises the indoor RH, the tent is always higher still. It looks like it will be 3 weeks at a minimum before anything is ready.

Happy grows.

DSC00595.JPG

DSC00596.JPG

DSC00597.JPG

We are starting to bulk up. The blueberry smells gnarly. I’m happy with this grow. I think it’s looking good!

It’s a bummer about the seeds. I’m thinking some pollen might have come from outside. The exposure seems to have been a onetime shot. Most all seeds are covered now with new growth. Large buds show no seeding. It’s just weird, I never saw a nanner or male part at all.

Happy grows!

DSC00602.JPG

DSC00604.JPG

20210727_044824.jpg

I knocked a small bud from the B Banger the other day. I put it on my router to dry, I smoked it today. It’s incredibly stony and sticky for how early it is. I had never heard of it before I got it free.

DSC00569.JPG

The Bruce B. is frosting up nicely. I’m anxious for one of these to be ready. The White W. will probably be the first out. It’ll be nice to have some room in the tent.

Happy grows.

DSC00621.JPG

DSC00622.JPG

DSC00623.JPG

DSC00633.JPG

We are at 7.5 weeks since the 12/12 flip. Hopefully I can chop one out soon and make some room! If I learned nothing else, it’s that more room is better. Trying to fit 4 in the tent with any veg time is too many for a 27”x27”. My next grow in this tent will be two plants in 7 Gal bags and 6 weeks veg, probably a Gorilla Zkittlez and another Bruce B.
After the New Year, I hope to have a nice 4'x4' or 4'x6' with some good strong lighting.

I think these will be my last rounds of journals. I will lurk again for awhile. Journaling just feels like self promotion without gain or much interest from others. I also keep track of my grows in my feed/water book. I do like the idea of winning free stuff with the various contests offered, yet it appears, most that win here have a following and frequently win multiple contests in multiple categories. There sure are a lot of great growers here.

Here are pics showing the individual plants and their bud. This is my 2nd indoor grow. All plants this round had a 28 day veg. I let these get too tall and lanky. According to breeder info, the White W. should be the first out at 8 weeks. To me, it looks like the Bruce will be 1st. Eight weeks might be pushing it, they will go longer. Also attached is a pic of my outdoor Dosi Do. She is a nice looking plant and should start flowering soon. I love growing outside!

#1 LF- W. Widow LR- Blueberry RR- B. Banger RF- Peyote
#2 Banger / #3 Peyote / #4 Blueberry / #5 White W. Outside Dosi Do

DSC00668.JPG

DSC00632.JPG

DSC00658.JPG

DSC00667 - Copy.JPG

DSC00660.JPG

DSC00670.JPG

The colas are looking great and getting close to providing you with some nice buds. I feel too that most harvests need a little longer than advertised, to my regret I chopped one of my last grown plants at the recommended time but in hindsight it was not developed enough, so for me, in future I'll just go by what my eyes tell me.

One thing about a journal here, is that it's a great repository for all your notes to check in on at any time in the future, as I lose track on where I have otherwise written notes and reminders to myself, it is nice to know that I can open a past journal and skip straight to time of the grow to compare current progress.

Do you have a standout favourite of the strains you've grown so far?

The colas are looking great and getting close to providing you with some nice buds. I feel too that most harvests need a little longer than advertised, to my regret I chopped one of my last grown plants at the recommended time but in hindsight it was not developed enough, so for me, in future I'll just go by what my eyes tell me.

One thing about a journal here, is that it's a great repository for all your notes to check in on at any time in the future, as I lose track on where I have otherwise written notes and reminders to myself, it is nice to know that I can open a past journal and skip straight to time of the grow to compare current progress.

Do you have a standout favourite of the strains you've grown so far?
From recent grows, I really like the Peyote, Its from a non sponsor and I don't want to say the full name. When I was on Maui, I grew Barney's, LSD and Pineapple Chunk regularly. LSD is probably one of my favorites to grow and smoke. This grow I am liking the Banger. I like your grinder.

From recent grows, I really like the Peyote, Its from a non sponsor and I don't want to say the full name. When I was on Maui, I grew Barney's, LSD and Pineapple Chunk regularly. LSD is probably one of my favorites to grow and smoke. This grow I am liking the Banger. I like your grinder.
I have heard great things about Pineapple Chunk. It is hard to find and establish what strains are the best for one's needs that suit one's growing environment. Yes I am rapt with that grinder, probably the only real quality bit of kit I have, it should last several life times!

This morning I took some larf from the Banger for a taste. Its looking like this will be the first one out of the tent. Maybe this weekend. The trichomes are still shinier than I thought they would be. My earlier taste was very good.

Happy grows.

20210804_064525.jpg

This morning I took some larf from the Banger for a taste. Its looking like this will be the first one out of the tent. Maybe this weekend. The trichomes are still shinier than I thought they would be. My earlier taste was very good.

Happy grows.

20210804_064525.jpg
I'm in..
sorry I'm late to the party. All is looking exceptionally good...
Interested to know what the bangers effects are . It's another one on my list.. my very long list of strains to try..
Looking forward to the update...

Looks a lovely bud to sample! :yummy:

I have heard great things about Pineapple Chunk. It is hard to find and establish what strains are the best for one's needs that suit one's growing environment. Yes I am rapt with that grinder, probably the only real quality bit of kit I have, it should last several life times!
I love my pineapple chunk. It gets me stoned old school style. If you have room, its one to try at least once. The Buzz is good. I will order again soon.

I think the Banger will be the first out, and soon, its the last two pics, or RR in the group shots. There are quite a few amber and milky trichomes, it just keeps pushing out new glassy ones. The four are photo period and are all getting closer. 8 weeks tomorrow. Yesterday I cut a taste and put to dry. This morning its gone. I think maybe my cat? No trace. I took a larger banger sample today.

I couldn’t be happier with this grow. It is my 2nd indoor and first indoor photo period. I bought just enough quality gear to give it an honest try, to see if I liked indoors. I’m hooked and will be upgrading soon. As usual I pushed it, running four plants in my small 27”x27” tent. The Mars TS1000 has really impressed me with its power and gave me a nice full tent of sticky/ frosty bud. I will be looking at Mars for my larger tent lighting needs.

Happy grows

20210804_213823.jpg

20210804_213916.jpg

DSC00674.JPG

DSC00676.JPG

I notice I get less or no fade on my indoor photo period plants. I am nearing the end with these 4 strains and there is no fade on any. Is this due to providing a good artificial environment? I like to see some chlorophyll break down prior to the Chop. I never flush at the end, but am considering withholding nutes to start some fade. Is this a bad idea?

I notice I get less or no fade on my indoor photo period plants. I am nearing the end with these 4 strains and there is no fade on any. Is this due to providing a good artificial environment? I like to see some chlorophyll break down prior to the Chop. I never flush at the end, but am considering withholding nutes to start some fade. Is this a bad idea?
Morning.
What do the trichomes say?

That's the indicator that really matters.
If you were overfeeding the plants the leaves would tell you that also, so if the plant is happy (and yours are) I'd carry on doing what you are doing until the trichomes change.
I don't flush, but sometimes give them plain water for the last couple of times.

It seems to me that most maturing flowering plants show fade as they advance towards their chop date. My last grow if anything, was not anywhere as faded towards the end as my previous grow's were, but I feel that is because I am gradually tuning the soil better, but whether more a faded plant is better or not at the end, I really don't know. You're probably just meeting their needs well.
My feeling is that (so far), the more stressed the plant the less pretty it is, but the more potent it seems to get.

It seems to me that most maturing flowering plants show fade as they advance towards their chop date. My last grow if anything, was not anywhere as faded towards the end as my previous grow's were, but I feel that is because I am gradually tuning the soil better, but whether more a faded plant is better or not at the end, I really don't know. You're probably just meeting their needs well.
My feeling is that (so far), the more stressed the plant the less pretty it is, but the more potent it seems to get.
What do the trichomes say?

That's the indicator that really matters.
If you were overfeeding the plants the leaves would tell you that also, so if the plant is happy (and yours are) I'd carry on doing what you are doing until the trichomes change.
I don't flush, but sometimes give them plain water for the last couple of times.
Good morning, the trichomes say anywhere from a few days to probably 3 weeks. Here is a dark pic of larf from this morning. Overfeeding isn’t the concern. These are the only plants I have ever grown that do not show any fade. There are four varieties in the tent. I don’t think I could do one of four outside without fade. It seems there should be some fade when chopped.
I agree, when my plant is pretty at the very end, I feel I could have gotten more out of her.

20210806_085339 - Copy.jpg

Tomorrow I will chop the B. Banger, It will be day 59 since the flip and the first of 4 out of the small tent. The samples have been great. The next out should be the white widow. It’s been kind of cramped in the tent but the buds look nice. The RH has very high so having one less plant in the tent will help. All plants are rather small with the short 28 day veg.

Happy grows.

20210809_062742.jpg

20210809_062755.jpg

20210809_062819.jpg

20210809_055319.jpg

Back
Top Bottom