First Tent: Alot To Learn

I thought the auto grow went well for a first tent grow. The plants produced some nice bud. The yield was between 60 and 90 grams per and the quality is great.

I still haven’t put the Dos Si outside. It’s been unusually cold here. In a couple days we are forecast to have 4 or 5 days of weather that stays above 5 with highs up to 20 (41/68f). I hope to be able to get her outside soon; she sprouted 30 days ago today, and is still variegated. Size wise she seems small to average for age. I haven’t done anything but top so far.

The photoperiod sprouts are 10 days since popping. The Bruce B has mostly recovered. Her initial growth stalled/stuck in the cotyledons; the first single blades grew awkward and incomplete, the first third of the tips were damaged but new growth looks good. I will grow it out with the rest.

Enjoy

DSC00293.JPG

DSC00291.JPG

DSC00292.JPG

Hi Stinker, I feel sometimes younger plants can take a bit of time working out if they like their conditions before they decide to take off, yours all seem pretty good. The variegated one is unusual but still, it looks pretty strong. I always like the scenery behind your pics too!

Not much has changed in the last week. The new sprouts are now 17 days old. I topped 3 yesterday, deciding to not top the White W as she has such tight nodal spacing. I did take the first nodes on all 4. Plants were up potted last week and will soon go into 5 Gal bags to finish out their grow. I plan on flipping to 12/12 at day 35. I’m concerned 4 might be too many for this space. We shall see.

My Dos Si Dos was put outside 4 days ago. Yesterday I up potted from a 2.5 Gal to a 5 Gal pot. Soil is a good quality bagged, organic potting soil amended with pearlite, worm castings and glacial rock dust. In July she will go into a 15 Gal grow bag for final stretch and flower. There is still some leaf variegation; it’s just more subtle now. I’m not sure if I’ll start a journal for this outdoor/greenhouse grow.

Happy grows

DSC00295.JPG

DSC00296.JPG

DSC00297.JPG

DSC00298.JPG

DSC00299.JPG

DSC00300.JPG

Now that there has been some cure, here are a few pics of the bud from the Orange S. autos.

The Orange S was a pretty simple grow without any issues. At first it looked as if these plants would really take off. As it turned out I netted a respectable 7.5 zips of very potent, premium tasty bud from the 3 plants.

I am continuing with this journal for the first photo period run in the tent. It’s a mixed bag of 4 that will probably get very crowded.

Happy grows!

DSC00307.JPG

DSC00308.JPG

DSC00309.JPG

I'd rather like to plunge my dynavap into one of those and extract a tester! :ganjamon:
I’m feeling old school not having a vape. I just started looking into ordering one and figuring out what I need it to do. Until now I mostly roll fatties. :blunt:

I’m feeling old school not having a vape. I just started looking into ordering one and figuring out what I need it to do. Until now I mostly roll fatties. :blunt:
If you like smoking joints, you could look into one of the many variations of the dynavap, as they are low cost and great for producing clouds of vapour and they function quite similar to a joint. You can use a butane lighter to heat them or get an induction heater to do that job, actually when I use mine in the house I mostly do so holding it into the gas flame of the stove.

I up potted the four photos into grow bags this morning. The roots look good and the girls seem happy at 22 days old. Against advice, I will attempt to flower these four in my 2’3”x 2’3” tent. Next Friday, day 28, I will flip to 12/12.

It’s likely four might be too many for this space, I may need to find a place in the forest to hide one. We shall see…

I added a pic of my outdoor/greenhouse grow. It’s been unseasonably cold this spring. She has been outside for a week and appears to have hardened off and adjusted well. I’m starting to see a lot of new growth.

Happy grows!

DSC00310.JPG

DSC00312.JPG

DSC00314.JPG

DSC00315.JPG

I will be flipping over to 12/12 tomorrow, Saturday at lights off. That will be 29 days since popping out of the soil. I ordered a 5” exhaust fan to replace the 4” I have been using as a forced intake. It’ll be here in the morning and I want to get it dialed in before the switch. I found using a simple bathroom exhaust fan to be the cheapest, quietest with the least amps needed for volume of air moved. The 4” provided enough force through the duct to move foliage, and was/is quieter than the more exp options. I ordered the 5” as the tent collapses a bit with the 4” and I wanted to up the volume before I block all outside light. My dedicated true exhaust fan is never turned higher than 2 of 10.

I up potted to 5 gal bags with local organic soil last week. So far I have only given water with organic micro nutrients and natural growth stimulators. I’ll add mineral supplements when/as needed. Next year I hope to be using a living soil.

3 were topped the White W was FIM'd, all are looking good for their age. Having 20 gallons of soil in fabric pots really messes with the RH, especially if it’s raining. Here we go! If it gets out of control with size or excess humidity, I will cull or stash one near a creek.

I added a pic of my outdoor Dos si Dos grow. She has hardened off and acclimated well. We get a lot of rain so I take her out of the greenhouse if sunny when I can. Next month she gets a big grow bag. 15 or 20 gal, not sure yet, have both and the 15 is not so big looking with a 5 gal pot in it.

Thanks for checking in. Happy grows

DSC00327.JPG

DSC00328.JPG

DSC00329.JPG

DSC00330.JPG

DSC00331.JPG

DSC00322.JPG

I hear you on volume of damp soil messing with rh. Dang that’s a healthy rootball, it’s looking good over here. Yup with that gorgeous location I’d be tempted to move a pair of those outdoors and free up space for 2 monsters in the tent
I'm going to try and make it work as I’m limited to one in the yard this year.

I switched to 12/12 today. Timer is now set for off at 9:30 am, was at 3:30 pm. Ran the ducting for the 5” forced intake and left the 4” open without a fan as a passive in. Checked and sealed everything for light leaks.

The bummer of the morning is that I snapped a main on the peyote and it hung by just a thread. I did a repair as best as quick/possible, topped & removed fans. Its always something. Time for a toke :blunt:

DSC00332.JPG

Morning stinker.
Those plants are looking nice and healthy, beautiful colour.
Thank you Listers. Your girls are looking great as well. Your Orange S sure got big. I really enjoy the smoke.

Tomorrow it’ll be a week since switching the lights to a 12/12 schedule, and they are stretching more than anticipated. Yesterday I supercropped some branches on the Bruce, the others will need it soon as well. Didn’t want to do it today as this morning we defoliated. No pistols or preflowers are showing yet. I thought they would be by now. This is still a new deal for me. This is my first photo period inside grow. It’s looking crowded, but I do believe doable.

I’m playing it by ear with the nutrients. I had hoped to be growing in a soil I amended and nurtured. Instead, I over complicated that in my head and didn’t get any soil made this year. I did find a good organic soil that I moderately amended and have been uppotting to keep the plants happy. Until now, I have been keeping it all organic. I will soon be introducing mineral based nutrients again to finish out the grow.

Can anyone recommend a good soil recipe with ingredients that can be easily sourced in Europe?

I’m keeping the light close to the canopy in order to minimize stretch. Does this make any difference?

My outdoor Dos si Dos is doing well. Where I am able to see amazing growth on the indoor plants, I hardly notice any growth outside. It’s a perception thing I’m sure. Today I do see pre-flowers at most nodes.

I appreciate those that follow along. For whatever reasons, I question myself on whether I post too much or not enough, too many pics etc. For me it comes down to keeping a record of something I/we enjoy doing and sharing our experiences in doing so, helping others where we can.

Enjoy the grow.

DSC00355.JPG

DSC00356.JPG

DSC00358.JPG

DSC00359.JPG

DSC00360.JPG

Can anyone recommend a good soil recipe with ingredients that can be easily sourced in Europe?
I would suggest for a simple but very effective recipe is to check out/google 'Clackamas Coots' soil recipe. This isn't one that I have personally used, but I have utilised some of his ingredients in my own mix which has evolved, grown, and been added to over the years. I can't speak for the ingredients being easily sourced in Europe but I'd imagine they would be.

I’m keeping the light close to the canopy in order to minimize stretch. Does this make any difference?
Morning stinker.
Yes, it'll help keep the node space tight, but keep an eye out for light/heat stress.
At the end of the day though there's not much you can do to stop it, that girl will just stretch into the light until it could burn.
For me it comes down to keeping a record of something I/we
this alone is worth doing it for, it allows you to notice things you can look back on. For example I have 3 more amnesia auto seeds, now the one I've just grown got very calcium hungry around week 8, so next time I grow one that info is logged and ready for me to improve the next.
As for frequency of posting, this is your journal stinker. Your personal space to post as much as you like, as often as you like, even multiple posts a day.
I enjoy hearing and seeing your plants and view. It's up to others how much they read and follow.

I appreciate those that follow along. For whatever reasons, I question myself on whether I post too much or not enough, too many pics etc. For me it comes down to keeping a record of something I/we enjoy doing and sharing our experiences in doing so, helping others where we can.
Just to reiterate what Listers said. It is your journal and you should update it as often as you want. I have also at times 'held back' on making updates because I thought perhaps it's too much etc. But then, when I'd look back on a previous journal to find out when I did this or that, or to check the comparative growth stage that the previous year's plants were at, it was then I realised that there were useful entries that I missed out on updating all because I 'held back' thinking it was too often. So as Listers is encouraging you, go for it! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom