First Tent: Alot To Learn

I would suggest for a simple but very effective recipe is to check out/google 'Clackamas Coots' soil recipe. This isn't one that I have personally used, but I have utilised some of his ingredients in my own mix which has evolved, grown, and been added to over the years. I can't speak for the ingredients being easily sourced in Europe but I'd imagine they would be.
Thank you Stunger. Funny, I came across the "Clackamas Coots recipe"some time ago and it is one I saved. I just need to choose a recipe, get a receptacle, the ingredients and go for it. I'd like to get it mixed soon and cooking this summer. Can I realistically grow with organic soil or even LOS if I have limited space to make teas, mix things, ferment etc ?
I don't really have the yard for ongoing gardening projects and chores.

Thank you Stunger. Funny, I came across the "Clackamas Coots recipe"some time ago and it is one I saved. I just need to choose a recipe, get a receptacle, the ingredients and go for it. I'd like to get it mixed soon and cooking this summer. Can I realistically grow with organic soil or even LOS if I have limited space to make teas, mix things, ferment etc ?
I don't really have the yard for ongoing gardening projects and chores.
Well I grow in organic soil, which originally started as an approximation of SubCools super soil recipe and over time has evolved and had some of the ingredients of Clackamas Coots added, like gypsum, malted barley, and crustacean meal which I had to source as dried shrimps from an Asian supermarket, and some other ingredients added along the way like bio-char.

I re-amended the container soil in the outdoor growing off season. I have worked out that the container sizes I grow in (30L & 50L) are not big enough for a water only grow, so I do need to top dress a couple of times over a 6 month grow, if I was doing a shorter indoor grow then they would be less need to top dress. But other than that I don't make teas or ferments. Altho I do have a worm farm that I simply pour some of the worm wee that is collected into the watering can to give to the plants. So my feeling is that such soil is pretty low maintenance, it's mostly water only with a top dressing once or twice.

Pistols are now showing on all but the blueberry. The blueberry has a leafy, more spindly lettuce like look than any other plant I have ever grown. I mention this as I have seen it in pictures, it’s different and a first for me. She looks good and healthy, just different; I’m looking forward to watching the progress. We should see the beginnings of flower for most by next weekend.

The overall new growth is very noticeable at lights on and just prior to lights off. I really don’t know what I was thinking when I went with a small tent. It’s not near big enough for what I want. I entered a couple contests/drawings for a new light and tent combo. Wish me luck!

DSC00362.JPG

DSC00369.JPG

DSC00370.JPG

DSC00371.JPG

Morning stinker.
Do you know the genetics for the blueberry? It will be in the breeder description, to find out how much sativa/indica mix in the strain. That might give an indication of the differences in leaves you're noticing.

Just a heads up, I've heard many times on here that blueberry can be a stretchy strain.

Hope you strike it lucky with a new tent and light. :thumb:

Morning stinker.
Do you know the genetics for the blueberry? It will be in the breeder description, to find out how much sativa/indica mix in the strain. That might give an indication of the differences in leaves you're noticing.

Just a heads up, I've heard many times on here that blueberry can be a stretchy strain.

Hope you strike it lucky with a new tent and light. :thumb:
Thanks Listers, good morning.
The blueberry was a freebie. It says mostly indica with two thai crosses. For the grow I tried to choose four that were indica dom with similar time to maturity.
I don't usually enter contests or Random drawings. I did here for two. Had to try, it seems someone is always winning something here. Have a nice Sunday. We have rain :ganjamon:

It’s been 2 weeks since the flip. All 4 are flowering to different degrees. The peyote is the furthest along with the blueberry being the last to show any flowering. The blueberry has the longest & finest hairs I have seen on anything in awhile.

I can raise the light another 7” maximum, so I really hope the stretch is about over.

I’m watering to a light runoff every 3 days at lights on and have started to introduce P&K. Let’s see how long I can keep them a nice green without them wanting for much.

The outdoor Dos Si Dos is looking good. I’m anxious to get her in a big grow bag and start with some serious supercropping. I’m waiting on some mycorrhiza that I ordered, it won’t be here until next Tuesday and I don't want to do the final up-pot without it..

DSC00379.JPG

DSC00380.JPG

DSC00381.JPG

DSC00383.JPG

DSC00386.JPG

DSC00387.JPG

Were off! Its been 18 days since flipping to 12/12. I don’t really have a reference as to where I should be flower/growth wise with this being my first photoperiod indoor grow. Does this seem about right? These are 4 different varieties. I love this stage where you can see the daily bud growth with the gaps closing between each node.

I’m trying to keep as many of the fan leafs as I can. We have had high humidity lately- my tent seems to run a good 10 points higher than outside of it. Even with fans on, I have had moisture where the leaves were laying on each other. It’s tough balancing what to take or keep. I try to keep all I can.

I’m watering every other day at lights on and can barely give 1.5 liters without runoff.

DSC00394.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

DSC00399.JPG

DSC00401.JPG

Good morning, It’s a bit over 3 weeks since the 12/12 flip. I’m happy with the way things are going. I’m learning, that’s for sure. I need to work on keeping growth less leggy and more compact. Keeping the light close wasn’t enough.

The light is roughly 4.5" from the canopy. I can raise the light another 5". As soon as I see there is no more stretch I'll raise the light to max height.

Today was a water and feed day, along with defoil, inspection, rotation etc.

I’m easy.. I just love watching the gaps close on the nodes as the buds grow. What do you like?

The outside girl is starting to take shape.

DSC00420.JPG

DSC00423.JPG

DSC00428.JPG

DSC00429.JPG

DSC00434.JPG

DSC00437.JPG

DSC00417.JPG

With all the rain we have been having, humidity is high. My office stays at around 60% rh. In the tent it gets into the low 70’s. Other than RH, everything is coming together. Spaces are tightening up and I see some frost.

DSC00439.JPG

DSC00440.JPG

DSC00443.JPG

DSC00444.JPG

Its a beautiful sunny day today, the rain has stopped. The humidity in the tent has dropped to 48%. I was getting concerned. During lights on, I was opening the bottom of the tent and sweeping with an oscillating floor fan. I thought I left the humidity worries back in HI. The worst is over I hope!

Saturday starts week 6 since the 12/12 flip. Even with the filter, there is a noticeably sweet smell in the house.

My outdoor Dos Si Dos is happy.. we started with round 1 of the super-cropping the other day. Happy Grows.

DSC00537.JPG

DSC00539.JPG

DSC00540.JPG

DSC00541.JPG

Not great news today. I found seeds on all 4 girls, but no male parts. I took them outside and looked very closely. I think I will let them finish out. The largest buds show no seeding at all.

I used 3 free seeds I had collected. I also used a seed from a peyote I ran outside last year. I ended up with 5 seeds from the larf and used one. This is probably what threw some nanners. I should probably cull this plant, even if I don’t see any nanners now?

I was pushing it running 4 plants in a 2x2. I justified it with a 28 day veg. I will be upgrading to a 4x4. Gutted!

DSC00554.JPG

DSC00557.JPG

DSC00561.JPG

DSC00564.JPG

Its starting to get frosty.
Bummer about the seeds, it must've been a nanner or two. It looks like it was a one shot deal. The seeds all look to be the same as far as maturity.

DSC00583.JPG

Back
Top Bottom