First Time Grow: 1.2x1.2x2 Tent, 8 Plants Different Strains

Hey guys thanks for all that info. Been away for a day and come back to a good looking little setup.....bit more growth, and the two in the pots seem happy

420-magazine-mobile373566722.jpg

420-magazine-mobile207936380.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

8 different strains in a scrog? A scrog needs an even canopy. With 8 different strains, you are going to have different growth rates and sizes. You need a 4x4 grow space for a 600w. 3x3 for a 400w. Keep it simple.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Hey man it's only 3 diff strains but 8 plants. 2x ice, 3x shining silver haze and 3 x chocolate haze.

I've read that the chocolate is a bit of a space hog so we'll have to see how it pans out

Hi PaduanGrower

I'm on my first and have just flipped my three Ayahuasca Purples to 12/12, today will be there shortest day and longest night. I've topped and LST'd them from pretty the start of veg to keep them short but bush-like and they're between 18-20 inches in height but fairly wide, nearly filling my 1.2 x 1.2 grow space, even after pruning and lollipoping. I think after there initial stretch phase I may have thin them out again but only time will tell. I've subbed in so good luck on your endeavour, peace.

420-magazine-mobile1700374229.jpg
These are my girls just before I lollipopped them.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Hey man nice setup. Right so if they're anything to go by imma have some cramped girls in there unless I get my LST on!!!

Lovely looking plants man!

Hey man nice setup. Right so if they're anything to go by imma have some cramped girls in there unless I get my LST on!!!

Lovely looking plants man!

Thank you for saying so PaduanGrower, I'm really looking forward to the next 6-7 weeks of growth. I've taken three clones for my next round and I'm feeling quietly confident that they'll be as good as their mother. You maybe a little cramped, I'd be hard pushed to six let alone eight, in my tent at the size they are, but we live and learn. I'm struggling at the minute with extracting the heat from the dual spectrum 600W HPS I turned on yesterday, I've been checking the temp for the last few hours and I'm sitting at 30*C (86*F) with the 4inch fan I have installed. Hopefully this won't have any adverse effect.

Thank you for saying so PaduanGrower, I'm really looking forward to the next 6-7 weeks of growth. I've taken three clones for my next round and I'm feeling quietly confident that they'll be as good as their mother. You maybe a little cramped, I'd be hard pushed to six let alone eight, in my tent at the size they are, but we live and learn. I'm struggling at the minute with extracting the heat from the dual spectrum 600W HPS I turned on yesterday, I've been checking the temp for the last few hours and I'm sitting at 30*C (86*F) with the 4inch fan I have installed. Hopefully this won't have any adverse effect.

Mate I'm in the exact same position. I've got 2 oscillating fans cooling the tent but nothing for extraction at the moment. As they're small I have the tent slightly open and Temps are 29 - 31 during daytime and 21 at night, I'm worried about the heat in daytime and the fluctuation, is that too big a difference?

PaduanGrower 29.44*C ( 85*F ) my grow bible is say is the top end temp wise but this also depends upon strain as some equatorial strain can cope with temps as high as 51*C ( 125*F ) which I'm struggling to believe but that what it says. It's bedtime my for my girls now so temp shouldn't be a problem however I'll monitor over the next few days and if needs be I'll have to upgrade to a fan that can evacuate more air/hr.

Hey guys sorry for the dissappear.....paid for everything except the phone bill.

Girls are all coming on good except 2 so I think 6 might be my final count.

I'll get pics up and Temps sitting at 32 - 34...... :( gotta work out some cheap extraction method

Hey guys sorry for the dissappear.....paid for everything except the phone bill.

Girls are all coming on good except 2 so I think 6 might be my final count.

I'll get pics up and Temps sitting at 32 - 34...... :( gotta work out some cheap extraction method

Ditto brother temps getting to be a problem low of 11* and a high of 36*C don't want to heat stress my babies.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My girls have just flipped so I don't want any daylight getting in my tent as my shed and my shed isn't lightproof, I'll have to rectify that but thank you for your input EbnFlo

Yeah same I don't have the most secure location but doing what I can. Sitting at 28 with a slight flap open.

Ice seeds are doing SHITTY tho....not happy with those.

That was the 1 strain I wanted to grow too. Stuck with a haze tent, which ain't so bad....

Ok, cheap cheap then:

Get some heavy paper or cardboard and some nice duct tape and make an adapter between whatever fans you do have and some 6" hoses that attach to grow tent.

Let's call this technique "McGyvering an inline fan"

You could have one blowing cold air in bottom of tent and one sucking heat out of top of tent.

That would have to get the temp down some, no?

Thank you guys for all the help and sorry for the lack of pics for a few days, haven't had wifi to upload anything, using unsecured wifi seems to upset the app. OK CannaFam pics to follow

420-magazine-mobile1051520831.jpg

3 x shining silver haze in big pots, just compost, no perlite and no nutes yet

420-magazine-mobile944833308.jpg

2 x ice and 2 x chocolate haze

7 in total after I broke a choco haze when repotting. I'm gonna see how the ice runt gets on and might cull it if it continues keeps fucking up the bass

But apart from that how does it look guys? Thinking now there looks to be a nice small space between nodes, let a set of leaves or 2 more develop before topping or can I begin a bit of an LST bend already?

420-magazine-mobile1051520831.jpg

3 x shining silver haze in big pots, just compost, no perlite and no nutes yet

420-magazine-mobile944833308.jpg

2 x ice and 2 x chocolate haze

7 in total after I broke a choco haze when repotting. I'm gonna see how the ice runt gets on and might cull it if it continues keeps fucking up the bass

But apart from that how does it look guys? Thinking now there looks to be a nice small space between nodes, let a set of leaves or 2 more develop before topping or can I begin a bit of an LST bend already?

Still a little small to start lst wait until they have about 5 nodes . Then tie them over sideways to expose the lower nodes to promote branching. Subbed to your journal.

"carpe diem" and grow to your hearts content

Little beauties looking forward to see these mature into beautiful young plants, I'm in for the duration Paduan.

Back
Top Bottom