First Time Grow: 1.2x1.2x2 Tent, 8 Plants Different Strains

Ah cool I might give it a try then thanks.

I've got a sucky 3 in 1 ph tester, soil moisture tester and lux meter from Wilko, like £3.50 so not great but it works (I think)

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey paduan, I had the same 3 in one light, moisture, p.h. reader. The light and moisture settings seem to be receptive to changes but the p.h. setting is basically useless, on mine anyway. I actually ordered an new p.h. pen today. Amazon is delivering on Sunday so I'll stop by and let you know how it works. It's a middle of the road pen for 25.00. It was recommended by someone here so it should be decent.

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yo Nuggs, yeah man let me know Coz I'm sure this one at least a little off.

Yeah Flo imma have to just order one, but that being said DON'T ALL SHOUT AT ONCE but due to budget I'm yet to get a hygrometer......

And sog with just 8 plants isn't a lot is it? Swear I read about some guy doing a 36 cutting sog in a 4x4

Subbed in! :thumb: I think a SOG is possible in you conditions since you have a small area. 8 plants will fill in the space between with side branching. Given that they all turn female you could be overcrowded in a month. Keep on growing man :cheer:
Yeah they're all female seeds, but what would a rough yield be like with an 8 plant sog under a 600w hps?

Cool, I wanna get nearer to the pound, and is that dried?

Also tried slightly lemon water and it brought the soil down to 6.5 so pretty happy if my p.h. tester is working...

So basically I can SoG with 8 plants and get near a pound if done well, and the same for SoG? So it is just down to light, space and skill?

Yes, dried is what I meant.

Glad you're getting on top of your PH right at the beginning. Lots of people seem to do well in spite of paying very little attention to PH but I had the opposite experience. My PH was a struggle at the beginning and my first couple grows were less than ideal because of it.

And yes, I don't think it makes much difference SOG, scrog, 8 little Christmas trees... whatever. Definitely some LST to keep things short and organized will help, and a scrog net will make that easier, I think, but then when it comes time to flush the plants you'll have to find a way to deal with that working around the net.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

OK cool. In regards to working around the net? How do you mean? As I can access all sides of my tent if needs be!

Yeah OK thanks I can wait a while till I decide the best option, see how many plants make it to maturity then go for the best yield option for what I have left.

EBnFLO you're the information station my friend!!

OK cool. In regards to working around the net? How do you mean? As I can access all sides of my tent if needs be!

Yeah OK thanks I can wait a while till I decide the best option, see how many plants make it to maturity then go for the best yield option for what I have left.

EBnFLO you're the information station my friend!!

Thank you! I try to be helpful. Perhaps too much at times. Just remember I've got a bit of experience from growing a few plants but I am far from an expert so take it with a grain of salt .

When scrogging soil plants, I had some difficulties with nutes and ph and therefore ended up flushing a lot more frequently than most people to try and fix my mistakes. Because of that it was a lot easier to flush the plants in my utility sink after untangling them from the net.

I am sure you could devise a way of flushing while still in the tent but with the space I had available, it wasn't gonna happen.

So my thinking with your 8 girls is that if some or all start having trouble (as most new growers do) that a nice simple group of gently LST'd plants that can easily be taken out of the tent just may save you many back aches.

My first choice would be exactly like this:

420-magazine-mobile1566664256.jpg

Detailed instructions in the link:

LST Low stress training of cannabis seeds plants

I'll be posting regular updates so we'll see if they grow well!!

I bought the compost. It's just multi purpose compost but it does seem a lil barky.....

Had £2 left and bought vermiculite instead of perlite so sat with and bag of stuff I can't use....

Hi PaduanGrower

I'm on my first and have just flipped my three Ayahuasca Purples to 12/12, today will be there shortest day and longest night. I've topped and LST'd them from pretty the start of veg to keep them short but bush-like and they're between 18-20 inches in height but fairly wide, nearly filling my 1.2 x 1.2 grow space, even after pruning and lollipoping. I think after there initial stretch phase I may have thin them out again but only time will tell. I've subbed in so good luck on your endeavour, peace.

420-magazine-mobile1700374229.jpg
These are my girls just before I lollipopped them.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I agree 8 plants will be tough, which is why I asked for pics. Im curious. :)

Welcome!

Im a new grower and only have 2 plants in a 2x2.5x7 tent. Its a tight fit as is. Lol

I started doing this with my plants. But as a newbie I forgot to tie their new arms down as I went. They are definitely still coming along really nice with lots of tops :)
420-magazine-mobile1634295244.jpg
420-magazine-mobile215446807.jpg

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

A scrog net can only help.

If you want it to be truly effective, make it from pvc pipe like this and weave strings through it with about 60mm between the strings
420-magazine-mobile1605565282.jpg
I was thinking of using tension rods so it'll be easy to adjust. This looks wonderful. Oh and Love your cat

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

8 different strains in a scrog? A scrog needs an even canopy. With 8 different strains, you are going to have different growth rates and sizes. You need a 4x4 grow space for a 600w. 3x3 for a 400w. Keep it simple.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom