First time grow CFL growth stopped

Yup, you should be able to find some just about anywhere that'll fit. Our first was from Canadian Tire for like 15 bucks.

Have you considered getting some Boveda 62% packs, should be able to get them in any head shop, hydro store, etc. They'll keep ya good regardless of whether you have a hygrometer or not.

Nearest grow shop is 2.5 hours away from me. I might be able to muster something up locally. You guys might have confirmed my fear of being to wet, the outsides were really crispy when they went into jars. But after 24 hrs. That went away, I just figured since they were dry enough to smoke in a tightly rolled Jay that it was just part of the curing process not to be crispy in the end product. Thanks guys and gals I'll lay them back out for a day, and find a meter for when they go back into jars. I considered the humidipacks art, but since I there was so little yeild on this first go I was gonna hold off on getting them untill this next plant matures. I've learned alot from this thread, I'm hoping for a zip+ on this 2nd flowering cycle i just got goin. :thumb::cheer:

So this bush I have here in flower is really thick in foliage. I defoliated once in veg, Just to try it and after some further research I regretted doin it. It thickened back up in a week or so, and I went on. But now here flower, over half of my bud sites are smothered for light, so bad there pruned up a little. I plucked a few more leaves to uncover and open it up it wider to let more light through with lst, will this stress it to much? Should I go another route

So this bush I have here in flower is really thick in foliage. I defoliated once in veg, Just to try it and after some further research I regretted doin it. It thickened back up in a week or so, and I went on. But now here flower, over half of my bud sites are smothered for light, so bad there pruned up a little. I plucked a few more leaves to uncover and open it up it wider to let more light through with lst, will this stress it to much? Should I go another route

I have one strain that really likes to bush. I like to top the plants for this reason, since it allows me more control over the shape later on. I like to top once early, and then 2-4 more times until I have 4-8 tops. Once I have that, I trim below the main bud areas to keep air flow going. This way when I go into flower, all of my buds are on top, and I don't have as much popcorn to mess with later. I don't like the plant wasting energy on low lying popcorn buds when it could be putting that energy to use elsewhere...like on top.

I know that not everyone likes to top and some prefer LST, but for the size of my rooms and the way this strain grows it works the best for me. Your mileage may vary.

Congrats on your last harvest! I haven't been able to get on much in the last few weeks so it's nice to see some of these journals that I'm following producing.

Thanks, I also topped this one early and it split into two main branches. I started lst late to spread the tops out more evenly. I just had to spread it out further and remove a few inner fan leaves, to keep it from smothering it's self out. I also stripped the bottom 1/3 of the plant, because of my last harvest having those popcorn nugs. I may have to end up adding or moving light around. Anyways here are a few pictures.
20160311_205526.jpg

20160314_063001.jpg

This was before I took off more leaves and opened it up yesterday.

Any ideas what this could be, it's only on the lowest oldest leaves, and I have a little what looks to be clawing in the Less formed leaves around bud sites. Runoff has been high around 7.0 but last feedings I flushed the first time with ph water 6.5, and just fed it ph 6.4 water today, and my runnoff was still high 6.8. But the runnoff was more clear today than the flush it came out almost straight red 8n the flush. I plan on feeding nutes my next feeding maybe ph a little lower than normal. Should I have anything to worry about, or should this take care of it?

don't let the run off pH trick you into thinking you should adjust your incoming pH. This overthinking of the process gets a lot of people in trouble. Run off pH is of course higher than the incoming liquid, because it just percolated through soil designed to make the pH drift upwards. This is not only nothing to worry about, it was designed into your soil.

I think your clawing is indicating that you are over feeding a bit. Consider that the feeding recommendations that are given are for people who are running big lights and lots of air... you are running CFL's. Your plant's needs will be less because of that. Overfeeding makes your big storehouse leaves complain, and they are clearly pointing to their roots.

That really puts things in prospective emilya, thank you. That makes since since she perked up and hit a growth spurt in between these last 2 feedings of just ph water. And I have given her more. Nutes than the rest of the plants just to see if she'd handle it that way I knew what amd and how I could give my nutes. But just now noticed any problems, I think i caught it quick enough that it didn hurt her to much. She looked great today, buds starting to look like buds now on her. But her clone has done nothing but grow out of control beside her. Dang thing went to flower just 8' tall no side branches, 11 days later she has 8' side branches and stands 21' tall, don't show any signs of slowing down yet. I'm almost out of room for her, my space can handle a 28' plant not counting the container, if the stretch don't stop soon I'm gonna have to tie it over. Not had one stretch this much yet, have to raise lights every night, I even added a new 55 watt on her to slow down stretch, but no not havin it. Lol thanks again emilya, this 2nd grow is alot more fun and interesting, I'm not half as stressed out from not knowing what the hell I'm doin. Haha

Quick question: I have a 6" seedling that I started 12/12 from seed. I'm wondering if it's alright under a 12 watt led bulb? Don't have room for it any where else, just have that led that I can leave on it. Instead of moving it in and out of my veg box every 12 hours ya know. I'm just not sure if that led is enough to sustain the plant or not. Thanks ahead

Emilya. . . It's been a while, i hope you have been well.
Ive been curious about something goin on in my flowering space now that im finishing up my second grow. And thought of you while i was looking for an answer, even if there is one. Anyways. . . My 2 indoor grows have been very similer in the aspect of flowering only 2 plants @ a time. Both grows same pot sizes, one 3 gal. and one 1 gal. Pot this round. In my first grow the plant in the larger pot yellowed and dropped her fans well before the plant in the small pot. I didnt think much of it, because of all the issues i had with them. But this second grow, im using the same pots, same strain, same nutrients and have not stressed either of the girls really @ all this time. And im seeing the same exact pattern with yellowing fan leaves, i know its normal but im just wondering why they would not go @ the same rate givin all there similarities? Here are the only differences between the 2, big pot has lost 75% fans, small pot has lost none so far. plant in Big pot plant is from seed, little is her clone. Big has twice the light as the small. Its not affecting anything that i can see in quality or quantity. Im just curios as to why, when they get fed the exact same things? Makese wonder if im doing something wrong there, or am i just tripping and worrying to much about nothing haha. Im sure this whole paragraph is confusing, i apologize for that. I didnt really know how else to lay all that info out.

Emilya. . . It's been a while, i hope you have been well.
Ive been curious about something goin on in my flowering space now that im finishing up my second grow. And thought of you while i was looking for an answer, even if there is one. Anyways. . . My 2 indoor grows have been very similer in the aspect of flowering only 2 plants @ a time. Both grows same pot sizes, one 3 gal. and one 1 gal. Pot this round. In my first grow the plant in the larger pot yellowed and dropped her fans well before the plant in the small pot. I didnt think much of it, because of all the issues i had with them. But this second grow, im using the same pots, same strain, same nutrients and have not stressed either of the girls really @ all this time. And im seeing the same exact pattern with yellowing fan leaves, i know its normal but im just wondering why they would not go @ the same rate givin all there similarities? Here are the only differences between the 2, big pot has lost 75% fans, small pot has lost none so far. plant in Big pot plant is from seed, little is her clone. Big has twice the light as the small. Its not affecting anything that i can see in quality or quantity. Im just curios as to why, when they get fed the exact same things? Makese wonder if im doing something wrong there, or am i just tripping and worrying to much about nothing haha. Im sure this whole paragraph is confusing, i apologize for that. I didnt really know how else to lay all that info out.

It could be so many things, it really is hard to guess why one plant will thrive right next to another not doing so well, and yet identical everything. I have one in my tent right now, my cookies kush... it freaked out one day after a foliar feed and never did take off again after that like everyone else in the room. She is going to finish out and be fine, but as of yet, I have no clue why she reacted that way. Usually if we document things well enough we can find a mistake that was made early on... or something different we did, a shortcut we made while mixing nutes... things happen, and we do lose track.
Another things can be strain differences, where one plant will tolerate something that the others dont, or vice versa. My Tangerine Dream is an example of this... clearly a sativa dominant, and easily burned by things that the other plants are taking just fine. My point is, sometimes you just dont know what is causing a deficiency on one plant. Sometimes, some strains just need different things at different times than their neighbors. Again, as example I look at my big Royal Queen Critical... look at the calcium deficiency that has sprung up at the end of her season! I am not worried about this at this point, I just know that this is how she is going to express old age... but are the others at the same stage doing this? Nope, just her. Sometimes, you just got to let them go and do what they have to do... tripping out and making changes across the whole room just to fix one problem, rarely are worth the effort, and sometimes end up hurting the rest of the room, who were just fine until you reacted.
Patience is the rule... patience above all else. The plants really do know what they are doing.

Back
Top Bottom