First time grow CFL growth stopped

I had planed on using the jiffy pellets in the tray and lid they come with. Have some cloning powder I found im gonna use it on some, and just use a water method I've seen on a few others.

Im just now putting in my first ever order for seeds, I waited until now because I wanted to use one of 420's sponsors. Im ordering from Haze.io, before I complete my order is there anything I should no. Im using standard free stealth shipping with no signature required. Will that be ok? Thanks ahead

Darn it, soon as I start getting the hang of things, I notice one of my 5" seedlings looks over watered. Funny thing is, it's not from too much water, or being watered to often. I think this time it's happened on the count of, I put the seedling in a 1 litre pot right out of the gate. I think that was my mistake, small plants=small roots+big pot=holds more h2o. End result, seedling could not use up the excess water quick enough before becoming over watered. Does this sound plausible, these days I do more under watering then over doin it because of my past disasters. If so lesson learned once again @ the expense of another seedling maybe, I've not gave up on it yet. It's not extremely severe, I might of caught it early enough. I would post photos but my latest update has changed my settings. But it looks identical to the first few I did this way in there early stages.

Darn it, soon as I start getting the hang of things, I notice one of my 5" seedlings looks over watered. Funny thing is, it's not from too much water, or being watered to often. I think this time it's happened on the count of, I put the seedling in a 1 litre pot right out of the gate. I think that was my mistake, small plants=small roots+big pot=holds more h2o. End result, seedling could not use up the excess water quick enough before becoming over watered. Does this sound plausible, these days I do more under watering then over doin it because of my past disasters. If so lesson learned once again @ the expense of another seedling maybe, I've not gave up on it yet. It's not extremely severe, I might of caught it early enough. I would post photos but my latest update has changed my settings. But it looks identical to the first few I did this way in there early stages.
Yes pilgrim, that is exactly what is happening and why we recommend using smaller container sizes instead of moving right away into a container much too large for the plant. Weeds are deep rooters, so even your little seedling has sent roots down to the very bottom of that large container. It would take the seedling a week or longer to use all the water in that soil (if it was watered to saturation) and if you are watering before that happens, you are indeed overwatering by watering too often. I point you toward my LSD log to make a point. My plants were about a month old when I put them in 5 and 7 gallon containers. I watered correctly when i did the transplant, watered again 4 days later to keep the old rootball alive, but after that, I trusted the lift method. I patiently waited to water again, until the plants found the bottoms of the new containers and then the water. It took 8 days, 9 for the bigger containers.
Patience above all else Duke... Stop watering without a really good reason to do so.

It's been 6 days since I last watered it, it was bone dry before I watered. I'm actually weighing the small potted plants, and the over watered one still has a way to go before it dries enough for another watering. It should make it. And yes, I'll not try to skip the cup again. Hey my first 2 clones are looking nice, I ended up using peat pellets and clear solo cups as domes, and 5 days now there still looking good. Thanks

20160219_063953.jpg

Here are the clones I took, both in pellets, one has soil up and around halfway of the pellet, the other just in the peat.
20160219_063949.jpg

And here we have the roots off the clones mother, when I transplanted her. Her growth had almost completely stopped in the pot she was in. I think she may have started to get root bound. But I'm no expert, what do you guys think?
20160218_0641451.jpg

20160219_063953.jpg

Here are the clones I took, both in pellets, one has soil up and around halfway of the pellet, the other just in the peat.
20160219_063949.jpg

And here we have the roots off the clones mother, when I transplanted her. Her growth had almost completely stopped in the pot she was in. I think she may have started to get root bound. But I'm no expert, what do you guys think?
20160218_0641451.jpg
yep, thats what rootbound looks like, starting to wrap around the bottom

are you putting those cones in some sort of humidity dome? They have no roots... they got to get water from somewhere.

Yes I had just took them out there to mist them. I keep them in the dome and take them out twice a day and mist the plants a little and I mist the dome lid. There are so many different cloning methods. So I just took this one and ran with it. I plan on removing the mesh around the pellets and putting them in soil as soon as I see some good roots. I give them a little water also when the peat drys out, witch was 4 days after cloning them this time.

@ first I didn think nothing of it, when it was just on the main bigger tops. Ya know heck yes female right. Then after a week there on every to 5-6 of them. I thought surely it wasn't flowering, on 18-6, under 2, 32 watt 6500k, 2 23 watt 6500k and only 2 23 watt 2700k bulbs. But as soon as the flower box has an empty slot she is Goin in. Hopefully in the next 10 days. And by the way I seen roots poking there head out on both clones I took from her 100% success on the firat ever 2. I might take 2 more and try to ween myself from seeds before I flower her. Because me and seedlings don't get along very well. Should I first go with solo cups for clones too, or would .5 ltrs. Containers work for them when I transplant?

With my clones, took them 2-15. 6 days later roots showed popping out the pucks, and we're transplanted into soil (solo cups 75% full) and today makes 10 days since be in cut and I see roots in the bottom of one of the solo cups already. Not seen any new growth yet, did I do everything right? I need these to survive I'm tired of fooling with bagseed. And about seeing through solo cups, I used clear cups and blacked out the sides and left the bottom clear, so the roots are still protected from light and algae. If these 2 survive and get back to vegging I'm gonna clone the crap out of the mother and try a 12/12 grow with little to no veg time on the clones on a few, I don't have much time before I go outdoors again until next year, so a little 12/12 grow will keep me busy until the weather changes.

There is alot more activity here than in my little journal. I have some photos of what I believe to be mature tricomes. Decent photos, I just want to clarify it's not to early and not to late aND that there exactly where I want them. And where I want them is mostly cloudy with just a hint of amber trics. I've read that you need atleast 20% amber for fully matured plants. And I've also read that you want to cut right as soon as amber apears, because amber is a sign that your starting to lose potency. With that said I just want the best out of my plants I can get strength wise so here are the pictures, did I sacrifice any potency or weight cutting @ this point.
20160303_065448.jpg

20160303_0654011.jpg

20160303_0654011.jpg

20160303_194211.jpg

Yes I know it's a midget, but this plant was one tough s.o.b
It survived me on my first grow, with some terrible watering habits in the beginning. And spent most of its vegitive life laying dormant (2 weeks +), recovering from being over watered. It snapped back to life 2 weeks before flowering it. And just for comparison purposes, the long skinnier bud/limb was fimmed and the short fat stocky bud/limb was grown naturally. Looks like fimming made a longer more full bud than doin nothing @ all. So what you guys and/or gals think?

Trying to clear out my veg box for another project I want to start asap. But i have one clone @ 8 inche's tall in a 3.ltr pot, growing vigorously with established roots (no sidea branches) and has been in soil for vegoing for 2 weeks today. Would it be safe to go ahead and flower it to get her out the veg box? I guess what I'm asking is would it yeild anything or just take up valuable light and space?

I ended up harvested both, there in jars at the moment. I've tried a few nugs from them, but ive been down with a cold since the day I've harvested. So that has kept me from really touching it much. As of right now, it's still pretty green, but I can tell the small frostier plant has more taste, smell and a stronger high so far. One big difference in this smoke and what I usually just buy or have grown, this stuff is smooth as I've ever tasted. With me being sick expecially, it's reall easy on the lungs. And for the clone, it's goin into flower. I tied it over on its side and to get a few small side branches goin first, then to flower. Thanks for the input.

Ok I have a question about the cure. They have been in jars for 3 full days now, I popped the tops every 12 hrs or so for 10 mins each time, sone times more. As of right now I'm not gonna burp them any more after today. I was just wanting to confirm that the nugs are ok and not gonna mold on me. I don't have the thing that monitors rh in the jar so I'm goin by touch, texture and just looking at them. I've smoked a few nugs out of each today, it's dry enough to evenly burn in a joint, bowl, and blunt. Smells are still green and musky, to the touch one jar is a tad more moist than the other, but I think that's cuz the stickier of the two will be more moist. The outside of the nug is no dryer than the middle. I think they are stable and will be ok, but this is my first cure and could use some reassurance. I plan to cure for 30 days (maybe) keep smoking regg untill there nice and cured. Thanks ahead

Back
Top Bottom