First time grow CFL growth stopped

The big plant I believe just sprouted two tiny white hairs. First sign of being female I hope. Here are a couple pictures what do you guys think?
Screenshot_2016-01-11-03-22-56.png

Screenshot_2016-01-11-03-22-14.png

Pistils!!!! Good job, lookin lush! Hope to see the same on the rest.

I think im pretty set as far as finishing this grow on out as issue free as possible. But I've been giving nutrients every other watering ( there usually ready for water between 7-10days) they have only been in flower goin on 4 days now, when should I stop giving nutrients and just stick with straight water? I've seen alot mixed opinions on this question. And I've had alot of harsh smoke in my days, that's the last thing I want here, would like to have the purest taste I can get out of them. Everything I get out of these two are staying with me. Im guessing because of my light set up that I'll be in flower a good while, so when would be a good point to stop giving nutes?

Why hasn't anyone (that I've seen thus far) set up a gravity fed drip system to automatically feed/water there plants?
I've toyed with the idea some and that's what I done on my first set of seedlings, they were fine with it. Growed normal were pretty healthy. I just removed it after I discovered 420 and re potted the seedlings and never went back to it.
Im thinking about pulling my homemade rig back out and experimenting with it a little more throughout one plants entire cycle. Having the ability to control the drip precisely would it be a low maintenance way of feeding a plant idk yet. Does anyone have any reasons why this wouldn work or couldn work through out seedling/veg/flower? I would set up a thread to record and share the experience if there would be any interest in it. What do you think Emilya, not a good idea or have you already seen anyone have Success or failure at it?

a drip system would tend to keep the soil wet... not good for weeds. If you could set it up to only water when the containers got to a certain weight, that would be very cool... but no, I am not a fan of trying to automate a weed. As soon as you remove your ability to lift the container and judge whether it is time to water or not, you lose control over your grow.

Why hasn't anyone (that I've seen thus far) set up a gravity fed drip system to automatically feed/water there plants?
I've toyed with the idea some and that's what I done on my first set of seedlings, they were fine with it. Growed normal were pretty healthy. I just removed it after I discovered 420 and re potted the seedlings and never went back to it.
Im thinking about pulling my homemade rig back out and experimenting with it a little more throughout one plants entire cycle. Having the ability to control the drip precisely would it be a low maintenance way of feeding a plant idk yet. Does anyone have any reasons why this wouldn work or couldn work through out seedling/veg/flower? I would set up a thread to record and share the experience if there would be any interest in it. What do you think Emilya, not a good idea or have you already seen anyone have Success or failure at it?
For the same reasons that Em has mentioned it's not a great idea. Besides disrupting the wet/dry cycle it removes the grower from another aspect of the relationship. Plants develop a synergy with their grower. The more you can "get into the mind" of your plants the better your result will be.
That being said. You can experiment with it as a way to water your plants when you need to take a short trip away and have no one to caretake them.

I always like experiments, but right now I agree with both comments above.

If you do like Emilya says, and have it water just when it's needed, they would probably be fine but a drip would probably not be enough at that time. In order for a drip to work, it would have to be constantly keeping the medium moist. I would think that would lead to root issues.

That is very true, I never realized just how important acting as mother nature was until this indoor experience. As I had always let actuall mother nature do the work for me. And just smoked up the benifits lol. I do have to say this indoor grow has changed my entire outlook on the weed. Has me looking fwd to the upcoming season.

Can you really tell witch strain your plants are leaning towards by the shape/broadness of there leaves. Sativa/indica?
20160113_020021.jpg
not many of us have the skills to do that... all i can tell from the picture is that it is likely a hybrid... not skinny enough to be a pure sativa, not wide enough to be a pure indica. But then again, there are so few pure landrace varieties in this world actually, hybrids are everywhere, I think mostly because they adapted so well to North America and European weather.

Wow. . . Both of my remaining plants that made it to flower from my bagseed are both female. Witch sure is alot better than my usuall luck. Both healthy looking good, now to stay healthy haha

So im putting an order in on some nutrients finally. But there is so many that promise so many things. Would you guys Care to shed some light on the question.
What would be a good nute for my little girls in the set up I have? Something simple easy to use preferred. I done want to jump the gun and get monster bud juice or some crap that don't even apply to my grow lol just want healthy thick buds when there finished. All they have had so far is water and a little MG very little MG at that.

On the nutes I got in today, one of the plastic seal rings were missing, and the foil underneath not 100% sealed. Did I do the right thing by sending the bottle back and requesting a new one, would you feed it to your kids? Really didn't want to use it, I dunno how often people tamper with nutrients but come on. Lol

It was amazon, one bottle was fine and one been opened.
I reported it, there sending a new bottle now, and im sending them the opened bottle back with no further charges to me. If it happens again, then I'll for sure get me refund and no longer use the product.

It was amazon, one bottle was fine and one been opened.
I reported it, there sending a new bottle now, and im sending them the opened bottle back with no further charges to me. If it happens again, then I'll for sure get me refund and no longer use the product.

its not the product i would be concerned with, it is probably a great product. It is the vendor that Amazon used to fulfill that order who is to be questioned. I would also be sure to give them the appropriate feedback so that if it happens again or has happened before, Amazon can drop them.

Ok thanks for the advice, kind of sucks though im gonna have to skip feeding on my veg it I've plants and just give water until the next feeding now. Do I have my bloom formula im about to administer on the girls in flower ao it wouldn a total loss.

Back
Top Bottom