First time grow CFL growth stopped

And I've also not watered the big plant in over a week maybe 2. Is this healthy? It's not showed any lack of water signs just yet so I'm still holding out. No nutrients either, is the amonia fertilizer I use slightly outdoors to much for my set up here when there ready nutrients. Curious before I buy a different type. Considering I have alot of the amonia fertilizer around.
And props on your grow journal emilya, been looking over it. Very interesting!

And I've also not watered the big plant in over a week maybe 2. Is this healthy? It's not showed any lack of water signs just yet so I'm still holding out. No nutrients either, is the amonia fertilizer I use slightly outdoors to much for my set up here when there ready nutrients. Curious before I buy a different type. Considering I have alot of the amonia fertilizer around.
And props on your grow journal emilya, been looking over it. Very interesting!

Thanks Jon, appreciate the props. As you have seen then, I am not a big fan of synthetic nutes, and I can only comment on those that I have tried, and that is a very small list, FoxFarms, Botanicare and Jack's Classic. Someone with more knowledge than me will have to advise you about your nutes, but generally if you start off at half strength you can't do a lot of damage, and then the plant will tell you what she thought of it. We don't even know if your nutes are appropriate for this stage of growth though, and certainly no single nute is the best for all stages.

Regarding the unwatered plant, no, that doesn't sound healthy. It sounds like the plant has mostly gone dormant if it is still surviving this. You need to give her a jump start every 4 or 5 days, and even though you are attempting to dry out the lower roots, you still have to keep the upper root system alive. Every 4 or 5 days, give her a LITTLE drink, a couple of cups at most, and slowly spread it out along the entire surface of the soil. This will allow the top to stay active, the plant not to go dormant, and still dry out all the water that has collected at the bottom.

Hey guys I've run into another small hiccup during our south eastern heat wave during Christmas here. Heat issues in my closet with Temps up in the 90°s, only for a day maybe a couple days. Since then I've accommodated for it, and have the Temps back down mid 70's. But one plant seems to have some stress due to it. Leaves wilted and sagging some what, didnt do alot of damage to the leaves few spots and tips here and there. Since the Temps are stable again will it liven back up on its on or does it need some other special attention? Can post pictures upon request. Thanks -JonWayne

What do you typically want your high/low temp gap to stay between? And I meant to ask about watering seedlings, what I've been doin with them is giving them a 1/8 cup to a 1/4 of water when needed as they are easier to pick up and tell when the soil dry in the solo cups.
I try to stay between 70-80... and I no longer stress very much as long as I stay within that range.

Could be indeed, it was just the easiest to blame on since it was only one of two things that's changed recently the other being I up potted to a 5 gal container (will be the last up pot) with that plant. Surely not over watered again I hope, I've been studying and watching very closely on my watering. By the way I've found several great potted plant watering threads recently and your involved in 90% of them emilya. Seems your an expert on the subject. I used your watering method in this up potting also. I'll post pictures as soon as my lights come back on in in an hour or so... still haven't used any nutrients yet, planned on starting 1/4 nutes the next watering with some dyno gro liquid nutrients.

20151229_133748.jpg

Definitely some stress here, not sure if it can all be heat. Mostly I think what I am seeing is an overwatered plant who is also getting some low stress training... resulting in a highly stressed plant.

Let her dry out properly now... you have read all my words on this, so I won't repeat them. The lift method is your method to fix this, and you really need to keep on it. A plant stressed this badly no doubt has some damaged roots, not just hibernating ones. Take 2 weeks off of your growing calendar right now... you have stressed her that badly and it is going to take a good 3 wet/dry cycles to get these roots growing properly again.

There are always penalties for mistakes, either in quality, quantity or time. -Emilya

Should have snapped a pic of my roots when I switched pots too. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn missing anything obvious. I want to flower this plant when and if it comes back to health, she has had a tough long veg thanks to me haha I've doctored these plants back from worse I think this one will survive again. My other girl that got in so bad a shape last time is doin well again also, just started back growing a few days ago, over watering and some root shock I think was her problem, looks healthy as ever once she made a home in her new pot. Thanks again, if I ever get these girls successfully into flower, without new problems I'll keep posted.

Must have not been as bad as I thought, the next day after being all droopy and limp she perked right back up. Luckily, I'm trying my best to get this wet/dry cycle down pat. All is looking good, I think 5 gal is as big as a pot I want to use in my space. She is small I don't expect it to get much bigger after almost 7 weeks in veg, with a few problems.

The new growth is looking good, she took to the new pot pretty well. Having to raise the cfls every 2-3 days, definitely gonna look into some different lighting in the future. Goin to flower the two oldest in another week. Should I stop lst when I go into flower? I thought about stopping on the big plant pictured and continue on the smaller one.

Can I bug you guys about some used grow equipment im considering buying? It's used, there's alot of it, want to know if it's worth my trouble. Im gonna list the lot, I'll have to buy it all to get it.
-3 sun system lights and 1 great white reflector light
-1 Extrasun light 1,000watt extrasun ballast
-2 harvest pro 1,000 watt ballast
-2 sunlight supply 1,000 watt ballast
-2 next gear 600watt ballast
-4 replacement bulbs (new)
-general hydroponics model cs 0830 BL with extra hose
All guaranteed to work what's it worth?

Can I bug you guys about some used grow equipment im considering buying? It's used, there's alot of it, want to know if it's worth my trouble. Im gonna list the lot, I'll have to buy it all to get it.
•3 sun system lights and 1 great white reflector light
•1 Extrasun light 1,000watt extrasun ballast
•2 harvest pro 1,000 watt ballast
•2 sunlight supply 1,000 watt ballast
•2 next gear 600watt ballast
•4 replacement bulbs (new)
•general hydroponics model cs 0830 BL with extra hose
All guaranteed to work what's it worth?

3k or so? depends on size of everything, AC or not, 4" or 6".... etc etc.. sounds like a deal though and easy to sell what you cant use

There asking $400 for it all. I really just wanted the 600 watt light out of the whole lot. I dunno if I could re sale the stuff or not around here. What to do what to do. Thanks Emilya.

The big plant I believe just sprouted two tiny white hairs. First sign of being female I hope. Here are a couple pictures what do you guys think?
Screenshot_2016-01-11-03-22-56.png

Screenshot_2016-01-11-03-22-14.png

Back
Top Bottom