First Time Grow Journal - Outside - Kaya Gold & Freebies

Thanks SS. It has been challenging, but very rewarding. I do feel like I've let y'all down by not having a proper finish to this, though.

Please don't feel like that KK. This grow was so exciting for all involved we couldn't be let down. We're all just hoping you can get anything else, but we're as proud as can be about how you've done here. :love:

Selective harvest of the KGs continues. I've taken most of the more mature buds from KG 1 and 3. They are trimmed and hanging to dry. The "drying room" has worked perfectly with the help of a fan and a small space heater. 75 F., dry enough, and some gently moving air.

My Sativa (in ground) blooms apace and is still stretching some. She seems happy as a clam. Once I got over trying to kill her as a seedling she's might be the easiest plant of any type I have grown. I wish I had a picture of when I put her there. She had maybe 40 leaves, most of which were the color of a banana. The rest were more white. Within a few days she started to green up and only left a few yellow leaves behind as she blasted into veg. She eventually crowded out the veggies she was around.

All is still good. K1 and 3 are shuttling kitchen to outside to get the lower buds more mature. We'll just stand back and watch the Sativa. I'll get some new pics up asap. I'm curious to see if the botrytis is partial to her. Dying back pistils concern me as they create a weak spot for the rot. Let us see.

As promised, here are today's pictures of Miss Sativa. It was cold and rainy all day. She doesn't seem to care.

IMG_004695.JPG

IMG_004593.JPG

IMG_0042107.JPG

IMG_0041106.JPG

IMG_0039118.JPG

IMG_0038127.JPG

Coming along very nicely!

Thanks Brightlight. I have been shaking the water off a couple of times a day. I've lost a couple of laterals already. One I did, the other the wind. But before flowering. No frost in the forecast, and I don't think they will get rot in the near future. Although the cold has caused many pistils to brown up perhaps prematurely. They are not drying up. They could be a target for botrytis. But now they look fine and seem to care less about the weather otherwise. Lots of new little frosty leaves along with the growing buds.

It's flowering really nicely, Mexican or Thai :thumb:

I'm totally captivated by Miss Sativa still growing in the ground. We had a storm pass through with wind. I had to stake her good; she could break right off at the ground. Will give her shakes when if ever it stops raining. Rain and cold doesn't faze her so far. She's growing her buds and putting out associated leaves with complete vigor. The Kaya Golds shut down when it got cold. If it helps to identify her, her main cola is not much bigger than another 8 or 10 main buds. Those other branches are from the bottom. She's like a big candleabra. Her leaves and branches were stinky and strong from preflower.

BTW: I'm starting to think about strains for the Spring. For one, I am looking at Pineapple Chunk which I have seen successfully completed at further north latitudes by Oct. 1. Anyone know this strain? Thoughts? I'm also taken with Texada Timewarp or one of offshoots. And Brainwarp from Next Gen.

A terrible storm today here. High winds and a couple of inches of rain. My wife was running errands this afternoon and had to pick her way among flooded streets to make it home. The big girl looks like a drowned rat, but the staking I did yesterday paid off.

The storm finally passed, and I checked on her. She keeps going forward, rain, wind, cold, whatever.

I'm sure gonna try Major. I have three concerns at this stage. Of course, I have to have something to worry about. Not in any order they are frost, rot, and ability of the lady continue maturing under the cold wet conditions. Right now my chief worry is that the pistils seem to be turning brown too early? But I don't know since this is my first time. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Back
Top Bottom