First Time Grow Journal - Outside - Kaya Gold & Freebies

KG1 is the largest KG. She's doing very well. The buds are maturing apace. I saw the first sign on mold on her today. On one of the more mature buds, just a couple leaves. I'm getting good at spotting it. Of course most of the time it can't be seen at the beginning without moving the buds around. Anyway, I took that section of limb without much loss. Fed and watered the girls in pots today. Tomorrow I will give the sativa in the ground a big dose of water and nutes. I never know how much to feed her in the ground. I think I will give her 5 gallons of properly nuted water.

The Sativa in the ground is drawing on the forces of the mycorrhizal population established in your soul. They can shuttle water and nutrients from incredible distances to satisfy the needs of their plants.

The Sativa in the ground is drawing on the forces of the mycorrhizal population established in your soul. They can shuttle water and nutrients from incredible distances to satisfy the needs of their plants.

:idea: Wow you're on to something Sue!:idea: I knew it was something to do with the soul! I could always feel it. I never knew that we had microscopes that could directly show the 'mycorrhizal population established in your soul.' Maybe we don't (?) and just have to go on faith that it's there, but I'm sure this dependent relationship goes right to our roots as growers, and will continue to grow on us, the more we are around these plants. I shuttle food and water from incredible distances to satisfy the needs of my plants. Now from what you have told us here I realize that they the mycorrhizae) are actually in control! This is what you meant? Damn... We have been colonized! They are the ones in charge after all.
+reps for figuring this out, Sue :thumb:
What should we do about it ya think? :hmmmm:

The mycorrhizae have taken hold. The girls are now living in the kitchen at night.

IMG_0030155.JPG

Now that's dedication! :)

The Grower.
The mycorrhizae.
The Plant.
And....
the Wife.
Can these four symbiotic elements remain harmoniously balanced, or will trouble ensue, as one strives for dominance?
Tune in next week...

The Grower.
The mycorrhizae.
The Plant.
And....
the Wife.
Can these four symbiotic elements remain harmoniously balanced, or will trouble ensue, as one strives for dominance?
Tune in next week...

:rofl:

The wife always wins.

Yesterday was the end of our window of sunny and dry fall weather. The forecast, which always gets downgraded, is of crap weather. Cold and rainy. So the girls are going to stay living in the kitchen. No real light. But it is warm and dry. Why not? I see one of three things happening. One, is they thrive and mature to a reasonable conclusion. Two, they stay about the same. Three, they start to shrivel and fade. I can monitor this and react accordingly. Does anyone see a downside? I'm new, and flying completely by the seat of my pants.

They do need light- and can't be expected to grow like crazy in the kitchen without some sort of good light source. Other than that I'm not sure what to predict.
The only real issue I can think of though is the 12/12 light schedule. Without that being stable they will probably start revegging (especially if kitchen day light hours are longer than 14 hours) or start showing hermie traits (erratic light schedule). Either way buds will stop getting more potent and start getting less so.
Absolutely nothing to lose with bringing them in though :thumb: and if you want to tweak the household kitchen lighting hours, and even consider putting some sort of lighting above then they'll fine and will bud according to the available light supply- probably- I'm guessing.

I think Weaselcracker is guessing right KK. The loss of light control coupled with the lack of ambient light itself will challenge you. The more light you can add the more trichomes you'll end up with. The more controlled the light schedule the less concern with the threat of pollen.

It certainly has been a challenging grow, hasn't it? You've done an impressive job so far. Almost there.

Back
Top Bottom