First Time Grow

That's all for now that's enough to keep anyone busy i would start training them big ones that you think might get higher than your fence i would go about a foot down make a loop and start bending little at a time bend wait a week bend a little more wait a week or so and bend you don't want to wait to long less stress on your plants it sure looks like you got two green thumbs your plants are lookin great :goodjob: :peacetwo:

Thanks papa,

I think this year has been the most fun in the garden I have had since I have lived in the mountains. Seems like there is so much to do and never enough time.

I will start training my girls tomorrow.

Thanks
Kat

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I step in for an update. High Sierra Music Festival last weekend...AWESOME!!!

And I decided to go ahead and flower a couple of my plants out. Since we had so much crappy weather in the beginning of "spring" my plants all started to bud out. All but my Afghan/WW cross and Jedi Kush have pulled out of flower and reverted back to veg.

So, I decided to 12/12 them. I bought a couple of plastic dollies from Harbor Freight to set the plants on to make it easier to roll in and out of my shed. I plugged all the light holes in the shed and cleared a path for the girls. I am putting them in at 6 and waiting for the night to be dark then pulling them out of the shed. Sunrise is at 5:44 am and losing about 30 seconds everyday. Switched the feeding schedule over to a bloom fert by Fox Farm. Here are a couple of snaps:
Jedi_Kush_7-4-11.jpg

Jedi Kush or Jedi OG Kush (same plant???? Not sure)
Jedi_Kush_bud_2_day_of_12-12_7-4-11.jpg

flower of Jedi Kush
Afghan_Kush_-_WW_7-4-11.jpg

Afghan/WW cross
Afghan_WW_Bud_Day_2_of_12-12_7-4-11.jpg

bud of Afghan/WW Cross

I have been looking for info on Jedi Kush or Jedi OG Kush, are they the same strain? The collective just had them labeled as Jedi Kush. Or maybe a really good book on MMJ strains?

Thanks
Kat

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there gal them are some beautiful ladies you have there I cant believe how frosty they are on them leaves already your goona have some good leftovers for makin hash on them hope you had a good 4th :Namaste: :)

Thanks papa,

They are a couple of stinkers also. I left them in the shed for an extra hour (alarm didn't go off or I did not hear it) this morning. Hope that does not mess anything up.

I had an awesome 4th...You?

Every year here we have the High Sierra Music Festival for 4 days over the fourth of July. It's great fun, food, friends and of course music..

Thanks
Kat

Oh guess I should mention that the Jedi and the Afghan/WW that I am starting 12/12 on I started feeding them FF Big Blooms and Liquid Karma. All the other girls are on FF Grow Big.

Think I am going to clone again tomorrow since I gave away all but 2 of my clones. The clones I tried a couple weeks ago (24 of them), only 4 took. I am not sure what happened, except I took them out of the house, where they were under the light and set them out in natural light during the day and it got really hot. Soooooo, I think that was the problem. As soon as I moved them into the greenhouse the stronger ones perked up. They don't mind the heat, but it seems that if it is going to be hot it has to be humid. I will leave my next group of clones in the greenhouse. I was just trying to get a couple off of my Jedi....maybe next time, since I am in flower mode with the Jedi now.

Thanks
Kat

Ya there pulling moisture from there leaves not enough root yet to pull up any moisture yet you have that dry mountain air we live and learn im sure you will do great with the next ones. Ya had a good 4th the outlaws oh i mean inlaws over for a bar b que cant wait to see new pics :Namaste::)

Here's an update on my flower girls.
Afghan-WW_and_Jedi_Kush_7-10-11.jpg

Here they both are: Afghan Kush/White Widow cross on the left and the Jedi Kush on the right. Not sure why the Jedi is so compact cuz all my other Kush plants are very tall and slender.
bud_2_of_Afghan-WW_7_days_12-12.jpg

Close up of the Afghan WW. Look at all that resin.
bud_3_of_Afghan-WW_7_days_12-12.jpg

Another view of the Afghan/WW
bud_of_Afghan-WW_7_days_12-12.jpg

another view of Afghan/ww
bud_2_of_Jedi_Kush_7_days_12-12.jpg

a view of the Jedi bud. Hard and tight and stinky
bud_of_Jedi_Kush_7_days_12-12.jpg

Another view of the Jedi

Today I watered with liquid Karma and FF Big Bloom for my girls on 12/12 and Liquid Karma and grow big for all the others, including the clones.

Catchya later
Kat

Okay so here is the rest of my plants:
Blue_Dream_7-10-11.jpg

Blue Dream in a 45 gallon pot sitting in a hole.
Jack_Herer_7-10-11.jpg

Jack Herer in a 65 gal pot sitting in a hole
TNT_Kush_7-10-11.jpg

TNT Kush in a 45 gal pot sitting in a hole
Vanilla_Kush_7-10-11.jpg

Vanilla Kush in a 45 gal pot sitting in a hole
Veneno_7-10-11.jpg

Veneno in a 45 gal pot
my_older_clones_both_Jack_Herer_7-10-11.jpg

My only two clones left from my May batch of clones. These are both Jack Herer, hanging out with their tomato friends
the_new_Clones_done_on_7-7_and_7-8.jpg

These are clones I made a couple of days ago. There is Veneno, Blue Dream, Vanilla Kush and TNT Kush. I will do some more Jack Herer's tonight.

Well that is my little plantation. I have alot more, but it does not relate to mmj growing. So, I am crazy busy with my garden and job. But, I take the time to come hang out with you all.....Thanks for being here

Kat

They change so much overnight, I really look forward to getting up early, going out and seeing so much progress. I give each one their own "plant hug" everyday.

Maybe that's why they are so happy.lol

Thanks
Kat

everything looks great bro short aside that retarded one hahaha. but yea cut the nutes and just use ph water for a week or so. superthrive is very strong, has to used lightly. most likely the cause of this. dont worry bro we got your back!

Kat those are dope! I just caught up and I'm sitting this out! I have 5 6th monsters right now and ready in 5 weeks! Sometimes I can here the monkey swinging around in those trees!

Hey Everyone,

Here is your Saturday morning of July 16th 2011 update: As most of you know from this journal, our weather here was odd this year and I had most of my plants start to flower about 2 1/2 months ago. Then it warmed up and the clouds went away. All but 2 rejuvenated and went back to veg. So I decided to just 12/12 the 2 and let them do their thing.

So here are my Afghan White Widow cross, a seed plant that I started on 3/2/11. This was a seed I bought from one of the sponsors of this site, Single Seeds. And the other, a Jedi Kush I bought as a clone from a collective in Redding, CA.

Jedi_Kush_7-16-11.jpg

Jedi Kush, the plant
Jedi_Kush_flower_1_-_7-16-11.jpg

Jedi Kush branch #1
Jedi_Kush_flower_2_7-16-11.jpg

Jedi Kush branch #2
Jedi_Kush_flower_3_7-16-11.jpg

Jedi Kush bransh #3

They kind look like they are in the dark in the picture, but they are out in the sunlight for the "photo shoot". This jedi plant is so dense and so compact that I have to move leaves and hold them back to get the picture. When you look inside the bush, this plant has buds all the way down the branch and up to the main trunk. Should a big yield, considering the size of the plant.

Now for the Afghan plant:
Afghan_WW_plant_7-16-11.jpg

Afghan/White Widow cross, seed plant from Single Seeds. Like all my other Kush plants (except for the stumpy Jedi) this one is tall and slender, but has tons of frost.
Afghan_WW_flower_2-07-16-11.jpg

I love this picture, has perspective, frost, nice lighting. Wish I could enter it in the county fair, lol. Afghan WW branch
Afghan_WW_flower_1-07-16-11.jpg

Afghan WW branch
Afghan_WW_3_-_7-16-11.jpg

I like this picture too, Another view of the Afghan WW

So, lets see, I water all my plant about every other day and feed them once per week. My 2 flower girls are on Liquid Karma, FF Big Blooms and I just added black molasses to their diet last week. I was told that this will really enhance the flavor and make the buds nice and tight. I put one teaspoon in my 2 gallon can. But here is a hint: because molasses is so thick (it does not mix very easy) I took a half jar of Grandma's Black molasses and filled it up the rest of the way with water and shook it up real good, so it will mix easier.

All of my veggin plants are still on Liquid Karma and FF Grow big once a week.

That's all for now. Got to go water the rest of the "farm". The rest of my girls are still just growing and making clones for me.

Thanks
Kat

Have a question:

All of my plants started out having a "normal" leaf, but lately I have noticed alot of the newest leaves are all singles or have one main middle leaf and a couple of dinky ones.... just curious. They are super healthy other than that.....

Thanks
Kat

Back
Top Bottom