First Time Grow

Hi there QuincyKat they do look like there starting to flower on a couple of them hairs all over it would still be allright to spread them branches with string to get more light down to bottom branches plants are lookin great :):popcorn:

Hey Everyone,

Took a bunch of pictures today, just thought I would share. All but 2 are really starting to flower.
Veneno_7_days_in_flower_6-5-11.jpg

Veneno. She is about 7 days in flower and about 4 feet tall.
Vanilla_Kush_6-5-11.jpg

Vanilla Kush. Just starting to show signs of flower. I took 5 clones off her today. She is really starting to get tall, about 4 feet now.
TNT_3_days_in_flower_6-5-11.jpg

TNT. She's a big girl. She has started to flower about 3 days now. She is a little over 5 feet tall.
Jedi_Kush_5_days_in_flower_6-5-11.jpg

Jedi Kush. Very pretty plant. Only about 3 feet tall and pack with flowers. Gonna be a big yielder I think.
Jack_Herer_close_up-2_in_flower_6-5-11.jpg

Jack Herer, 7 days in flower - close up
Jack_Herer_7_days_in_flower_6-5-11.jpg

Jack Herer. 7 days in flower. She is about 4 feet tall
Group_Shot_-_6-5-11.jpg

Group shot. Still in the greenhouse waiting for the weather to turn.
Blue_Dream_close_up_-_in_flower_6-5-11.jpg

Blue Dream-1, in flower a couple of days - close up
Blue_Dream_close_up-2_in_flower_6-5-11.jpg

Blue Dream Close up
Blue_Dream_7_days_in_flower_6-5-11.jpg

Blue Dream - in flower - she is about 4 1/2 feet tall
Blue_Dream-2_6-5-11.jpg

Blue Dream - 2. I thought this one was going to die a few weeks ago. Now look at her. Not flowering yet, but looking good. 4 Feet tall
Afghan_WW_7_days_in_flower_6-5-11.jpg

Afghan WW. 7 days in flower. about 4 1/2 feet tall

I think that is everyone. Today I watered with Big Bloom and super thrive and killed a million slugs then put a bunch of diatomes in each pot. Sprayed everyone with plant protector. Our weather is just right for all the wee-beasties to multiply. Keeping the girls safe from bugs is becoming a full time job.

All the girls are still in the greenhouse because of the weather. We just got an inch or so of snow a couple days ago. It's like spring is never going to get here. This will probably be the year we go from 40 degree weather to 95 degree weather overnight.

Anyway Thanks for stopping in
Kat

Hey QuincyKat plants are lookin great are toppin or fimmin your plants to fill them out or are you just leavin them aunatural your doin a great job :popcorn:

I think I am just gonna leave em be. When I move them outside I think they will be okay (stealth) since I have great cover and they don't seem to be too huge.

Thanks
Kat

Taken the day off tomorrow and planting everyone in their final spot. I have taken 45 gallon smart pots sunk them in a 2 foot deep hole in the ground so my plants can get 9 feet tall before I need to worry about them peaking over the fence.

I'll take a snap tomorrow when they are in the "ground"

Thanks
Kat

Wow sure like the idea of a nine foot plant lot of work especially picking off all them Little critters and tying up all them big buds but its a good kind of work hats off to ya QuincyKat they sure will be pretty thxs for sharing with us :thumb::peacetwo:

Kat, you are defeating the purpose of the smart pot by burying them, they will not air prune in the ground.

Yeah... I know. I have 5 that are in smart pots sunk in the ground about 2 feet. The others (my shorter strains) are out of the ground in their smart pots. I am using smart pots because they were the biggest and most cost effective for the size of pot.

I still have not taken pictures of them in their final grow space. I ran out of time today getting them all watered, plus I am planting a veggie garden also.

My clone report: I started them all in a peat moss/perlite mix all except for 2, I started those 2 in FFOF. I am getting waaaaaaaaaay better results from the cuttings started in soil. FYI. So, I will not be using the peat/perlite mix anymore.

Thanks for stopping in
Kat:peace:

Hey QK, your doin a damn good job man, specially for somebody that just started growin!!! :thumb: i think i might give the cloning a try my damnself, just to be safe you know.. but yea good job brotha!!!! definitely a fast learner!!! :thumb: :tokin:

question for ya, what would you say you light cycle is rite now?? im thinkin if i wanna throw them in 12/12 or not, because i still havent found out sex yet, were yours showin sex before you put them in flower??

Here are my snaps. I just took them a couple minutes ago. Before I go any further; Yes I know they look crowded, three in this group are very mobile, so when they get too big for this space those three are moving in with the rest of my landscape.

Outdoor_Grp_Shot_6-14-11_angle_1.jpg

first group shot
Outdoor_Group_Shot_6-14-11_angle_2.jpg

I like this angle better.

That's all for now
Thanks
Kat

question for ya, what would you say you light cycle is rite now?? im thinkin if i wanna throw them in 12/12 or not, because i still havent found out sex yet, were yours showin sex before you put them in flower??

I am trying to grow mine as natural as possible. I was able to tell the sex of my plants waaaaaaay before they began to flower. I got Jorge's book out and compared his pictures with my plants. Definitely all girls (I only had to worry about the ones I grew from seed, not the clones I got from the collective). My light schedule is dictated by mother nature, so the sun comes up around 5:30 am and is down around 8:15 pm.

I think they were flowering so early and hard because of our weather and overcast conditions. The sun is finally out and they are all starting to revert back into veg stage (thank god)(too small for giant colas).

From what I understand, if you are indoors, you can control the growth of your plants and start them to flower with a 12/12 cycle and flowering formula nutes. I know a few people that are controlling their outdoor grow with tents and they will harvest much earlier than me. That just seems like too much work to me. I will be harvesting in Sept and Oct...ish.

Thanks
Kat

well 12/12 is then, and when i did my first outdoor grow, i would put it in a completely dark shed, made sure all light leaks were sealed, and i would get up early and come out and take it out and put it in the sun all day then back in at night, worked out pretty good, had it in a 5 gallon bucket and used all MG product and as you can see from the pics in my gallery it grew like a monster, if i was able to grow outside right now i would be doin that instead of inside anyday, but i cant do to the fact that i have nosy and over protective, which is good, but to a certain extent know what i mean.. but yea 12/12 it is, and hopefully the flower soon!!! and i think im gonna take a look in the bible and compare mines aswell and see if i can tell some kinda way..

well 12/12 is then, and when i did my first outdoor grow, i would put it in a completely dark shed, made sure all light leaks were sealed, and i would get up early and come out and take it out and put it in the sun all day then back in at night, worked out pretty good, had it in a 5 gallon bucket and used all MG product and as you can see from the pics in my gallery it grew like a monster, if i was able to grow outside right now i would be doin that instead of inside anyday, but i cant do to the fact that i have nosy and over protective, which is good, but to a certain extent know what i mean.. but yea 12/12 it is, and hopefully the flower soon!!! and i think im gonna take a look in the bible and compare mines aswell and see if i can tell some kinda way..

I have learned tons on this website and there are always people out there that want to see you succeed. I picked up the bible off of amazon about 2 months ago and it has such great pictures it was really easy to see what is going on with your babies.

I do know about nosy neighbors I have one on one side and some behind me. Thats why my girls are between two out buildings and have a 7 1/2 foot fence to block the back. Plus I sunk 5 of them 2 feet. I'll definitely be a little more nervous when it gets closer to harvest. I plan on training them over soon. Hopefully that will help with yield and visibility. Plus when the others that are not sunk in the ground are a little bigger add some more barrier I will move them in with the rest of my landscape plants.

They are amazingly easy to grow. A little sun, little water, a little food and a whole lota love.

Thanks
Kat

yea you could start steakin the branches down, and have them tied down low that way when they bud they stay down low, i remember seein it in the bible but i cant remember what page, but they had the plant tied down and it was like dead under the top of the fence, i think its in the training part, i think maybe low stress training, i cant remember lol my memory is shot,, but yea i cant stand a nosy person, i despise them, but thats definitely cool how you have them set-up though so they cant see it!!! i just posted some new pics myself, come check me out.. and again good brotha!! :thumb:

Hey everybody,

Well I don't have any new pictures yet. but I will take some tomorrow.

Updates for my girls: We had weird weather this year. It seemed like spring would never get here and it never really did. We went from Snow on June 1sth to the next week being in the 80's. I think my plants were confusing for the longest time and started to flower. All of them seem to be reverting back to veg except for my Afghan/white widow cross and my jedi kush, so I am going to bring them into my shed and 12/12 them.

My Vanilla kush is about 6 feet tall now and the rest are right around 5 feet tall except for the jedi, she's a short and beautiful.

My Clones: my first set of clones there were 17 all but one made it, its in the compost pile. I just gave away 4 of them to a friend and found a home for 2 others. In the meantime, my vanilla kush finally gave me something to clone off of so I have 5 out of 5 of those. They are all in the greenhouse. I just took 24 more clones off of everything about 4 days ago, except for the blue dreams (because I have enough of those). The newest clones are in the house under the light 24/7. I tried getting clones off the white widow and the jedi, and they are under the light trying to revert back to veg.

thats all for now
Kat

Back
Top Bottom