First Time Grow

I don't know why Kat but i wouldn't worry about it as long as the plant looks healthy i had some vanilla kush do that but it grew out of it and i think it was starting to flower to early started indoors in cups and planted outdoors and started to veg thank goodness because i wanted to veg all summer but your plants are lookin great :peace:

I have researched this and found multiple answers. Indoor marijuana horticulture says it is normal to see in late veg or anytime in flower.

Other people have said it is a sign of stress. Some say its genetic.

I would check your basics, Temp, Humidity, soil pH and if those are OK don't worry about it.

hmmmmm.... I wasn't too worried. I had a friend stop by and he said that his plants were doing the same thing this year. Just thought I would throw it out there. I only found one thing about it in a google search. It said when they go thru a root growth phase they will do this. IDK. They seem just fine.

Right now our humidity is pretty low and for this time of year so are our temps. All my plants are outside except for the clones. They are in the greenhouse. Lots of humidity and heat in there.

I also am noticing some signs of frost and flower on a couple of my other kush plants. So it won't be too much longer before they are ready to finish.

My other 2 in flower are very fragrant. I think my Jedi Kush is the same as the Jedi OG Kush from what I was told by the pine/lemon/skunk scent. I have to make sure to roll them out in the morning BEFORE I shower so I don't smell like her when I go to work...lol.

Thanks
Kat

Hey Everyone,

Here is this week's update:
Just growing, 2 in flower, 6 in veg
Here are my 2 flower girls:
Jedi_Kush_7-22-11.jpg

Jedi Kush 7/22/11
Jedi_Kush_bud_7-22-11.jpg

Jedi Kush close up
Jedi_Kush_buds_7-22-11.jpg

Jedi Kush close up
Jedi_Kush_cola_7-22-11.jpg

Jedi Kush close up
Afghan_WW_7-22-11.jpg

Afghan WW cross 7/22/11
Afghan_WW_buds_7-22-11.jpg

Afghan ww close up
Afghan_WW_bud_7-22-11.jpg

Afghan ww close up

I have to go back thru my notes, but I think I am at about 3 weeks on 12/12. They're coming along.

Thanks
Kat

Hey Everyone

It's time for my Saturday update. All the girls are doing real good. I started tying over my sativa plants. They are getting too big, lol.

Here are some pics of my flower girls.
the_girls_7-30-11.jpg

Jedi Kush, clone (the short one) and Afghan White Widow, seed plant (the tall one)
jedi_kush_7-30-11.jpg

Jedi Kush, view 1, close up
jedi_kush_5_7-30-11.jpg

Jedi Kush, view 2, close up
jedi_kush_4_7-30-11.jpg

Jedi Kush, close up, this plant has buds coming off of it trunk!
jedi_kush_3_7-30-11.jpg

More Jedi trunk buds, I was never able to clone this plant. I tried but they didn't live, :(
afghan_ww_4_7-30-11.jpg

Afghan White Widow cross. Has a real different scent... kinda fruity maybe, can't really place, Very pleasant tho.
jedi_kush_2_7-30-11.jpg

Jedi Kush view 3. This plant has a very strong pine/lemon scent.
afghan_ww_3_7-30-11.jpg

Afghan WW cross close up view 2
afghan_ww_2_7-30-11.jpg

Afghan WW cross close up view 3
afghan_ww_1_7-30-11.jpg

Afghan WW cross close up view 4

Well that is the flower girls. They are about 4 weeks into flower. I have been looking thru my 30x spy glass, with my readers on, but it is still really hard to see if the trichomes are milky or still clear. I think I must be too blind for a 30x. Unless some of you have some hints on how to tell when they are ready. My Jorge book says prime time to harvest is when 50% of the trichomes are milky. Help on this would be great.

Thanks
Kat

Very nice! Its nice to see some OUTDOOR flowering photos for a change! The stronger light really gives you a different look at the detail of the trichome coverage! :thumb:

I must have missed something in your journal somewhere... How did you get these into flower so early? I usually don't see this kind of flowering activity outside until the end of August into late September.

very nice! Its nice to see some outdoor flowering photos for a change! The stronger light really gives you a different look at the detail of the trichome coverage! :thumb:

I cant wait, mine will be that as well!!! the natural light instead of seeing lines from the HPS!!!

i must have missed something in your journal somewhere... How did you get these into flower so early? I usually don't see this kind of flowering activity outside until the end of august into late september.

I was thinking the same thing!!! i was like "what the crap, why isnt mine flowering yet???"

:peacetwo:

Very nice! Its nice to see some OUTDOOR flowering photos for a change! The stronger light really gives you a different look at the detail of the trichome coverage! :thumb:

I must have missed something in your journal somewhere... How did you get these into flower so early? I usually don't see this kind of flowering activity outside until the end of August into late September.

Hey Goose,

Long story short, light depo. Mother Nature kept us cold and dreery this year and summer did not come until right before July 4th. All of my plants went into flower on their own towards the beginning of May. I made sure that I only fed them veg nutes and hoped for the sun to come out. Finally it came and all but two plants rejuvenated. So, July 2, I decided to 12/12 the Afghan WW and the Jedi. They only get fed flower nutes and black molasses. I use Fox Farm products and Liquid Karma for all my plants. And I just started using a wetting agent for the flower girls. They are in week 4 right now and prbly have another 3 or 4 to go.

But with light depo you can make any size plant flower. What I have read they are a fall flowering plant and if you can simulate fall, you'll get flowers.

Thanks for stopping by
Kat

Oh and my genius came up with a rolling system. I was at Harbor Freight one day and found these rolling carts (like a small piano dolley) and it hit me. I bought 2 of them and cut some scrap plywood with the help of a friend we built these rolling platforms. We set the 45 and 65 gallon pots that my plants live in on the platform.

I have this garden/storage shed that we plugged all the light holes in and that is where I pull my girls in and out of every morning and night right around 6 pm and 6 am.

That is how I am able to move them. otherwise I'd be having to build a box over them or hope mother nature is kind to me. The plight of the farmer is so dependent on the weather, unless you can manipulate it.

Thought I should share this too. This is the easiest way I could think of to move them into the dark.

Thanks
Kat

so thats why my ladies showed their sex so early!!! I live in SoCal!!! and we had a bad spring as well!!! but not as bad as NorCal!!! i remember seeing all the clouds and rain heading our way from the north!!!

so thats why my ladies showed their sex so early!!! I live in SoCal!!! and we had a bad spring as well!!! but not as bad as NorCal!!! i remember seeing all the clouds and rain heading our way from the north!!!

LOL. Yeah we had 3-4 inches of snow on June 1st, it stayed in the mid 60's until the week of July 4th, then it jumped to 90's for about a week. It has been in the mid 70's most of the summer except for the last couple of days it's been in the 80's. My mmj is growing pretty good now, but I have noticed in the last couple of days that the rest of my plants are showing pre-flower.

Kat

LOL. Yeah we had 3-4 inches of snow on June 1st, it stayed in the mid 60's until the week of July 4th, then it jumped to 90's for about a week. It has been in the mid 70's most of the summer except for the last couple of days it's been in the 80's. My mmj is growing pretty good now, but I have noticed in the last couple of days that the rest of my plants are showing pre-flower.

Kat

yea that sounds almost the same here!!! but we got hail mix snow!!! and my ladies have been preflowering for bout a week now

WOW!!!!!!!!! QuincyKat them sure are some purdy plants you have there hows that vanilla kush doin mine is just starting to flower it sure is a stocky rugged plant well hope you and yours are doin fine :Namaste:

Hey everyone,

I need guru help......

My TNT plant has developed this........thing........ The whole plant seems healthy, but it has a section of it's main trunk that concerns me.

It almost looks as tho it has been strangled like when you tie off a plant and it cuts into the branch. And this spot is not as hard/firm as the green part of the trunk. I am going to stake it in 4 places and stabilize it.

Here are some pics:
TNT_plant_8-4-11.jpg

Here is the plant. Looks as tho it is doing ok. No wilt of the upper part of the plant, so I know it is getting fluids and nutirents.

Here is the problem:
TNT_problem_8-4-11.jpg

TNT_problem_view_2_8-4-11.jpg

TNT_problem_view_3_8-4-11.jpg

I noticed this over the weekend after I watered with my normal routine in the morning and came back after a while just to walk thru my garden and I noticed a branch had fallen and was wilted. So a closer look when I clipped the broken branch I saw the possible cause of the loss of branch. You can see where the branch was that it lost.

This plant is starting to flower and I plan on 12/12ing it as soon as I harvest my Afghan/WW plant in the next couple weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kat

So, I staked this plant and sprayed with serenade. I will do that a couple times a day. Hopefully she'll be okay.

I wish I wasn't so busy at work this week. I'd run to the city and get a couple more of the dollies from harbor freight and get my other two Kush plant flowering.

Thx
Kat

Okay, I'm back. This is the time of year when work becomes "hell week". The hours are brutal. Anyway. I will take some pictures tomorrow morning. My Afghan/Widow cross and Jedi Kush are real close to harvest, I am guessing around 10 days or so. My TNT is still hanging in there. I moved her away from the others and have been spraying the affected trunk with serenade anti fugal and took the advise from a friend online made a poultice of worm castings to try to introduce some good bacteria.

Tonight I put my clones under lights and a fan to keep them from turning to flower. I can't wait to try my own home grown medicine.

My other girls are doing well. I do have a question tho maybe someone can fill me in: What is the difference between Coastal Blue Dream and the Original Blue Dream? My Coastal Blue Dream are definitely sativa dominate and the plant that one of my friends gave me to babysit is the Original Blue Dream (he tells me) and it appears to be a little more indica....... There are some many strains, it is hard to keep them straight.

Thanks
Signing off for now
Kat

Here are my pic that I promised yesterday. I took them this morning early, so it kinda looks like dark. Everyone of my girls is in pre flower and starting to go full on quickly. So, I am feeding them accordingly. I am going to give my TNT some heavy potash today since it has yellowed up quite a bit. Last time it did this, that is what I gave it and it snapped out of it. This plant was also attacked by a fungus of some sort so I have been treating it with serenade anti fungal.... last night I washed the affected area with serenade and then made a poultice of worm castings and a paper towel, wrapped it around the sight and left it there over night. Hopefully the good bacteria will attack the bad and she'll be ok. She is still trying to flower tho. I also have her staked and separated from the rest(just to be safe).
TNT_8-19-11.jpg

Here is the TNT lots of yellow leaves. I am not sure if this is a potash and N deficiency or a result of the fungus attack on the lower trunk.
Trunk_of_TNT_8-19-11.jpg

Here is a close up of the trunk's affected site. I washed all the black fungus stuff off of the trunk last night. Poured worm casting onto a folded paper towel, wrapped the site and left it over night. This morning I took the poultice off and the brown you see is the dried on worm castings. Cross my fingers and hope this helps her.
Veneno_closer_view_8-19-11.jpg

Here is veneno. Last night I tried to tie her over a little bit but the top snapped...... Sooooo...... I guess I did accomplish creating a shorter plant. Just not how I planned. But she looks good. Starting to flower and should be a pretty good yielder.
Vanilla_Kush_thru_Coastal_Blue_Dream_8-19-11.jpg

I like this picture. It's a view of my Vanilla Kush thru my blue dream.
Vanilla_Kush_8-19-11.jpg

Here is Vanilla Kush. Can't wait to try this one. She is one of my favorite plants to grow so far. Very pretty plant, easy, easy, easy to care for. So far has had no issues, she just grows. This is a seed plant.
Jedi_8-19-11.jpg

My other favorite, Jedi Kush. Looks more like a Christmas tree than a pot plant. She is in full on flower, 46 days to be exact since I put her under 12/12. Trichs are getting milky. I figure about 10 or so more days till harvest.
Main_cola_of_Jedi_8-19-11.jpg

Main cola of the Jedi. It's about 10 inches in diameter and the buds are hard and compact.
Afghan_White_Widow_Cross_8-19-11.jpg

Afghan White Widow cross, full flower 46 days of 12/12. She is about 7 feet tall and loaded. I have had to stake her and prop up branches as you can see. This is a seed plant.
Branch_of_Afghan-Widow_8-19-11.jpg

Here is a close up of one Afghan branch.
Close_up_of_Jedi_branch_8-19-11.jpg

Here is a close up of the Jedi Branch.

Well here they are. I am having to prop up branches on my Blue Dreams and Jack Herer, they are barely starting to flower and snapping on their own weight. There is now way they can hold a branch full of buds. If I can keep the limbs intact the sativas should be huge yielders.

Thanks for Stoping by
Kat

Back
Top Bottom