First time grower: Germinating help!

420BPM

Hello everybody. Its my first growing experience. I just bought 3 different kind autoflowering strains. I have very very limited access to seeds and I have just place for one plant. I used wet towel method and got roots app. 1/4 inch and put them in soil. It has bee around 48 hours and they didn't pop out of soil. How long does it take? Or did I do some harm to it that it can't pop out? The other issue is i have 400w Metal Halide in the growing room but not have a fan so its a bit warm inside. I am on budget so if it can wait for a while that would be good or should i go and buy a fan? Thanks.

Hello everybody. Its my first growing experience. I just bought 3 different kind autoflowering strains. I have very very limited access to seeds and I have just place for one plant. I used wet towel method and got roots app. 1/4 inch and put them in soil. It has bee around 48 hours and they didn't pop out of soil. How long does it take? Or did I do some harm to it that it can't pop out? The other issue is i have 400w Metal Halide in the growing room but not have a fan so its a bit warm inside. I am on budget so if it can wait for a while that would be good or should i go and buy a fan? Thanks.
Depending on the depth you planted, it can take 2-5 days. I put mine about 1/2" below the surface when I plant, they are usually up in 3 days.

Just keep an eye on em, I bet they are popping up any day now.
:thumb:

This is a nerve racking experience for new growers, but patience is key. As mentioned above, keep an eye on your temps, and be sure not to add to much water to the mix. After it comes out, keep the light a safe distance from the seedling, and don't add fertilizer until about the 2nd set of true leaves.

Many of these tips can be found here:

Goodluck!

You could actually put it under a cfl or led bulb for the first 2 weeks,give yourself some time to get that fan.
Give it a little more time-it'll pop in a day or two...

Back
Top Bottom